Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 112 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

This doesnt necessarily mean that the deal is for the 4th... all the article says is that they have lowered their asking price to a 4th - in the end, Miami will wait it out and probbaly acquire Trent for a 6th or 7th.

Randy has proven he is willing to wait and get his way (See Olindo Mare).
exactly they are just getting desparate and lowering their demand i believe the most the dolphins give up is a 6th rd pick

A 4th round pick??!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!! Then we wouldn't have a 4th or a 5th round pick in this years draft!!!!!!!!!! Completely foolish. If Randy Mueller does that trade, then he is a fool!!! Trent Green is worth nothing more then a 6th round pick!!!!

4th is still way too high for used, damaged, crappy goods...:shakeno:

Crappy? I know he's been hurt and hasn't been to the big dance but this guy has put up some really big career wise passing stats. The more I thhink about it, the better I think he'll do over the next year or two in Miami.

lol, I'm sure they'd love to "settle" for the Dolphins 4th. Not a ****ing chance. Take a 6th now or get absolutely nothing Chiefs.

Crappy? I know he's been hurt and hasn't been to the big dance but this guy has put up some really big career wise passing stats. The more I thhink about it, the better I think he'll do over the next year or two in Miami.

Crappy... Last year, not counting his "great" game against Cleveland... ...and who doesn't have a great game against them... ...he had the same number of TDs as Culpepper did in 4 games. ...and 7 more turnovers...

He's crap right now... :shakeno:

I say screw Green at this point and trade up to get Brady Quinn and let's see where Daunte is come opening day and if he's not ready let Quinn or Lemon play (rather see Quinn than Lemon).

I wonder what would have happened if.

The rams had treated Trent Green the same way after his injury
Missed the entire regular season after tearing ACL, MCL and lateral meniscus in left knee in the third preseason game. Did not play for over a year and came back and played when Warner got hurt, netting the Rams a first round pick. Hell if Green was with the phins at this time I can imagine the reaction on this board.

Here's the thing. If we trade or release Daunte Culpepper, it has nothing to do with his knee. It will be because Cam Cameron does not see him as a QB that can run his offense. Cameron wants a QB that makes pre-snap reads, and gets rid of the ball quickly to his best matchup. Culpepper has never been that kind of QB. Culpepper takes his time reading through his progressions after the snap. His size and athleticism has allowed him to withstand the pass rush in order to do this. But, that's not the kind of QB that Cameron wants. Cameron wants a guy who knows where he is going with the ball before the snap, a la Marino. At last week's mini-camp, it was reported that Cameron and Shea kept riding the QBs to get rid of the ball quicker. And that's why John Beck from BYU is their second choice at QB. He is known for good, quick decisions, and a quick release.

Here's the thing. If we trade or release Daunte Culpepper, it has nothing to do with his knee. It will be because Cam Cameron does not see him as a QB that can run his offense. Cameron wants a QB that makes pre-snap reads, and gets rid of the ball quickly to his best matchup. Culpepper has never been that kind of QB. Culpepper takes his time reading through his progressions after the snap. His size and athleticism has allowed him to withstand the pass rush in order to do this. But, that's not the kind of QB that Cameron wants. Cameron wants a guy who knows where he is going with the ball before the snap, a la Marino. At last week's mini-camp, it was reported that Cameron and Shea kept riding the QBs to get rid of the ball quicker. And that's why John Beck from BYU is their second choice at QB. He is known for good, quick decisions, and a quick release.

And a 37 year old Green will fit this bill any better lol.

Well Culpepper struggled mightly learning the offense last year. That has to be a red light for Cameron. Depending on how cheap we can get Green, i'd keep Culpepper. But you have do something in the draft as insurance, if not early than at least in the mid rounds. Culpepper just isn't going to be ready to play yet with those knees.

The rams had treated Trent Green the same way after his injury
Missed the entire regular season after tearing ACL, MCL and lateral meniscus in left knee in the third preseason game. Did not play for over a year and came back and played when Warner got hurt, netting the Rams a first round pick. Hell if Green was with the phins at this time I can imagine the reaction on this board.

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom