Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 114 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

to hell with trent green. they need to sit back and give daunte a chance to get healthy

We will give up zero picks for Green. Instead, we will wait until the Chiefs are forced to cut him, and then we will sign him as a free agent.

Yup, I think thats what will happen. I cant see KC holding onto him. Theyll have to cut him, Green wants to be in miami, Pretty sure everyone knows that by now... Plus the deal is already ready and waiting for him... just needs to be released,and has to sign on the dotted line apparently. I think he'll be just perfect here for 2 years... help Beck along with his game and prep him to probably take over in 2 years. KC is going to be kicking themselves for this one for a while.

is it possible that KC keeps him on the roster with his salary? I dont know their cap situation with Huard and Croyle.

Sit back and give Daunte a chance to get healthy? Are you serious?
What if he doesnt get healthy?
You cant just "sit back" and not get some sort of insurance in case Daunte isnt ready for the season.....AGAIN.

I agree Yankee. You have to get a starter in here that will play next year. Waiting again for Daunte is not a possibility. I believe that Mueller & especially Cam want to wash the Dolphins franchise of all lingering reminders of Nick Saban, and Daunte is the biggest reminder of The Liar we have left on the team. It hits you everyday in the face, the instability of the QB situation and its time after 15 months of this to move on.

Is it still a possibility of getting Green ? Or should we move on and who is a possibility to go after next ? Who's possibly getting cut in June we can pick up ?

I for one think that the Fins did not give Culpepper a fair shot.. This guy can still play. I would not cut or trade him just ye,t let him go into camp and compete.. J/M.... He's better than green or anyone thats left..

I ecstatic that we didn't blink in trading for Green. What a breath of fresh air when we have a GM that doesn't give in and overpay for somebody (especially considering that somebody may come free -- or without the need for a trade).

KC can't keep a disgruntled old QB on the roster for that kind of cheddah. The dolphins forced KC's hand and he will eventually be cut and the he will sign with us. Cpep is either gone then or as soon as Beck looks the part.

Go look at the Chiefs' web site and play the video where they talk about their 5th round picks. Carl Peterson says flat out that KC won't cut Trent Green.

The only way this gets done is if we pony up something for next year. And after all this, there's no way Peterson will take anything less than a 1st day pick. Peterson even looks like the good guy now because he was willing to take a 4th.

The ESPN guys were calling the Dolphins morons over it, although that's certainly nothing new with all the ammo we gave them this weekend.

Just to make it easier, here's a transcript of what is said in the video.

Peterson Defines Trent Green Situation
Apr 29, 2007, 2:58:04 PM

Day one of the 2007 NFL draft brought no movement of quarterback Trent Green, the Chiefs starting quarterback. Media speculation going into the draft and into day two centered on the possibility that the Chiefs may trade Green to the Miami Dolphins or elsewhere. In commenting about his team’s latest draft picks, Peterson answered these questions about Green and where he stood.

Q: You said things were stuck on the Trent Green front between Miami and you. Is that completely over now?

CARL PETERSON: “Our phones work if they want to call. But I’ve said it before: he is just far too valuable to this organization to simply say good-bye to him in that fashion.

“Herm and I have discussed it and we’re going to discuss it more thoroughly this week. He’s under contract to the Kansas City Chiefs. We’ve never said from the beginning that he will not be to here to compete for the starting job of the Kansas City Chiefs or that he would not be here for training camp for 2007.

“You know, we have a very good quarterback situation. We’ve got four quarterbacks including Casey Printers. A lot of things are going to happen between now and September 9 when we kick it off for real. So, I’m not going to make any predictions and simply say he’s under contract and he is, without question, one of the best quarterbacks in the National Football League and has been particularly productive for this organization for the last five and a half years.”

Q: Can you keep Trent Green as far as your salary cap after signing your draft picks?

PETERSON: “We’re in excellent, excellent cap shape right now and, frankly, from now until training camp. We haven’t had to do some of things we had to do in the past. That includes the dollars we spent cap-wise on some unrestricted free agents. We’re fine under the cap. We anticipate possibly and probably there will be some changes over the next few weeks when we see where we are depth-wise.”

Q: You can carry Trent at his current cap number?

PETERSON: “Absolutely. We’re carrying him now – all the way through the 2007 season.”

Q: But you say there is competition but I’ve heard you say that he’s your starting quarterback?

PETERSON: “I’m saying that simply because when the season ended he was our starting quarterback. I’m going to leave the competition aspect up to the head football coach because he’s the one that determines that. We’re not starting the season today.”

Kinda figured they rejected it since we used both our 6th round picks on college players. :lol:

Anyways, Green will still be here, just not anytime soon.

That's what I thought and was hoping if they didn't come down in their demand to hang onto our picks. I still wish we would have moved down in the 1st and picked up an extra 4th or 5th we could have dangled at KC for Green. Chances are we still could have picked up Ginn 10 spots down the 1st round.

Please! Ginn would've been picked within the next few picks. Cameron was smart to pick him at #9. Not to mention...Mueller did try to move down a "few" spots for him...but no takers. So smart move by Cam/Mueller

Back
Top Bottom