Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

It sounds like desperation for a team who needs a quarterback and the other team knows it.

Now granted I said I would take Carr in a heartbeat, but I would also like to see how C-Pep does. I would like to see what another chance does for him. Now if his leg is really still messed up, then Yes...My Carr statement stands. From the way it looks, Randy and Cam looking at QB's, things are pointing in the direction of C-Pep not being up to snuff. But like I said, If C-Pep is still a no go, Then Car is a go-go....lol

I've seen reports that DC rehab is not going as quickly as they would like...He tore all three knee ligaments...An injury like this one could be career threatening...Now they are saying he could sue for an injury settlement. Who would he sue? Minny because he was working with them when he got injured? Miami because he signed with Miami and we have his rights? Or the league? This could get complicated

Screw Peterson, he thinks this is still the Wanny administration here. He can stick where the sun don't shine. I say tell him to get lost and sign Carr.

Gentlemen,based on what i've seen so far from Cameron's pursuit of Green this admin smells like wanny all over again.P!!!!sssssss me offf!!!!!!

I agree with you, but I dont know why people keep saying he is a concussion case. The guy has only had 1 cuncussion in his entire 14 year career, just 1 and that came last year. if you check his history he has started every game since he has been with the chiefs except last year. I agree, if we give up more than a6th for him Randy is just as nuts as the chiefs asking for a 2nd...Lets get Carr def now

1 is all you need to be a concussion case especially at his age. Green now has a greater chance of another one epecially if your job entails having 300 lb men flying at you from all directions trying to take your head off.

And yes, the chiefs are out of there bleeping minds lol :sidelol:

Chiefs won’t rush a deal
Peterson says talks with Miami over Green may go on for a few weeks.
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Green

PHOENIX | In the deadline-driven world of the NFL, there’s a time and place for everything.

In the case of the Chiefs, Miami Dolphins and their proposed trade involving quarterback Trent Green, the proper moment could be anytime before the draft in late April.

The Chiefs, minus a fourth-round pick because of last year’s trade with New Orleans for running back Michael Bennett, would like to collect an additional selection or two before the proceedings begin.

“This could go on for the next few weeks,†Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson said, referring to talks with the Dolphins.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansa...rce=rss&channel=kansascity_kansas_city_chiefs

I say forget Green they are trying to rob the Fins like the Fins have allowed other teams in the past.

Sign Carr or draft a QB but no way do they get anything higher than next years 6th!!!

Thats what he thinks. I dont think randy is that stupid to succumb to these lunatic demands. If he doesnt like our offer goodbye KC and I dont think Randy will talk to them for a "few weeks"

Screw the cheifs...We should just hurry up and sign Carr before someone else signs him and we are forced to negotiate with the Kansas City Crazies

Chiefs | Team not in hurry to deal Green
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 06:45:16 -0700
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/143">Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs may not trade QB Trent Green until before the NFL Draft in April. "This could go on for the next few weeks," Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson said. Trade talks between the Chiefs and Miami Dolphins are at an impasse, as both sides appear to be very far apart. The Chiefs would like a second-round draft choice for Green while the Dolphins have offered a seventh-round pick.

What KC fails to realize is that they are NOT in the driver's seat on this one. There are other options and we are not stupid to give up anything of significance to get an older QB coming off a concussion, who just lost his job and is due a LOT of $$$$. Oh yeah, by the way, he just announced last week that he wants to go to the Dolphins, which probably will scare off any other potential suitors, because all he has to do is say I won't renegotiate my contract with them and they'll never do the deal. KC is trying to be cute by saying a 2nd rounder plus for him. They figure they can haggle down to a 3rd or 4th by starting high for him. Problem is, nobody, including us, will give them anything near that. I'm not a big Carr fan, but we should turn up the heat by bringing in Carr this week for talks. If they continue to stall, sign Carr and if they ever cut Green sign him and cut who ever they want come camp. Just structure the contracts so that we don't get a cap hit if we cut them right away.

<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/143">Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs may not trade QB Trent Green until before the NFL Draft in April. "This could go on for the next few weeks," Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson said. Trade talks between the Chiefs and Miami Dolphins are at an impasse, as both sides appear to be very far apart. The Chiefs would like a second-round draft choice for Green while the Dolphins have offered a seventh-round pick.

A second round pick for a player that is going to be 37, does Peterson think the dolphins are idiots? A second round pick for a guy that might only play for one year..:tantrum:

KC will have to pay 7.2 million if they don't trade or cut him. I hope Randy plays Carl like a big juice sucker.. :lol:

If we give them a 2nd rounder, I'm considering suicide

A second round pick for a player that is going to be 37, does Peterson think the dolphins are idiots? A second round pick for a guy that might only play for one year..:tantrum:

KC will have to pay 7.2 million if they don't trade or cut him. I hope Randy plays Carl like a big juice sucker.. :lol:

I think they forgot that just becuase Randy's name starts with an R, his name isnt Rick, its Randy...

K.C. and Miami are far apart in trade talks, as the Chiefs are believed to be asking for a second-round pick while the 'Fins are offering a seventh-rounder. "He’s (worth more than) a seventh-round draft choice," Chiefs GM Carl Peterson said. Profootballtalk.com reported Monday morning that the Dolphins are indeed considering free agent David Carr.

they won't get anything better then a 7th round draft pick for a 36 years old qb! i hope that they must release him and get nothing for him! :fire:

For a 36 year old, I don't care about his pass pro bowls..

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/52962.html

Hehe, they must not have gotten the memo that Dave and Rick aren't in charge of the deals here anymore. If someone is braindead enough to overpay like that, they need to be kicked down to Pee Wee management.

A 2nd rounder and an undisclosed pick...........whew, my side is hurting!
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Cam on vacation in Rome??

In my opinion, the Dolphins should bring Carr in rather than Trent Green. Yes, I know there are thousands of posts about Carr and Green, however...how can anything get done with Cam on vacation in Rome? Here's the article from John Clayton:
Dolphins passing on QB Green?

posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 | Print Entry

Don't expect the Dolphins to land quarterback Trent Green anytime soon because the price is too high. Even though the Dolphins have come to a reasonable compromise on what Green could make if he becomes a Dolphin, the price in draft choices to get him is too high.
The Chiefs want a second-round choice and possibly another pick. The Dolphins won't go higher than a sixth-rounder. That's a wide area of compromise. The Dolphins have the option to sign David Carr, but that won't quickly either. Dolphins coach Cam Cameron is on vacation in Rome for a week, so don't expect much to happen while he is away. And if you are wondering about the timing of the vacation, it was arranged before Cameron thought he would become a head coach.
So, with him on vacation, we could be late at trying to land Carr....what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom