Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

bkbuffet

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
For all you people bashing DC and crying for Trent Green, I have yet to see any of you post anything positive about Greens ability to help out the Dolphins other than he already knows the Cam's playbook. How can anyone say he is any less of a question mark than DC is at this point?
Here are DC vs. Green stats from last year:

Games played: DC-4 TG-8
QB Rating: DC-77.0 TG-74.1
Completion %: DC-60.4 TG-61.1
Yards per game: DC-232.3 TG 167.8
Touchdowns: DC-2 (plus 1 rushing) TG-7 (0 rushing)
Interceptions: DC-3 TG-9
Sacks: DC-21 TG-24
Fumbles/Lost: DC-3/0 TG-5/3

When you take into account that Kansas City's OL though not as great as it was a couple years ago, was still quite a bit better than Miami's, how can you honestly think that Green is the answer the Dolphin's are looking for this year? The stats are very similar between DC and TG. How can anyone who is doubting wheter or not DC's knee will be good enough to give him the mobility he needs not also doubt TG's concussion not having permanetly affected his vision or quick thinking?

!!!!!!!!! Yeah Baby Can U Spell Super Bowl !!!!!!!!!!

The question really isn't "which quarterback will play better next season."

The question is "Which qb will be the better tutor for John Beck."

Now conisdering Daunte has shown no interest in tutoring anyone, advantage: Green.

For all you people bashing DC and crying for Trent Green, I have yet to see any of you post anything positive about Greens ability to help out the Dolphins other than he already knows the Cam's playbook. How can anyone say he is any less of a question mark than DC is at this point?
Here are DC vs. Green stats from last year:

Games played: DC-4 TG-8
QB Rating: DC-77.0 TG-74.1
Completion %: DC-60.4 TG-61.1
Yards per game: DC-232.3 TG 167.8
Touchdowns: DC-2 (plus 1 rushing) TG-7 (0 rushing)
Interceptions: DC-3 TG-9
Sacks: DC-21 TG-24
Fumbles/Lost: DC-3/0 TG-5/3

When you take into account that Kansas City's OL though not as great as it was a couple years ago, was still quite a bit better than Miami's, how can you honestly think that Green is the answer the Dolphin's are looking for this year? The stats are very similar between DC and TG. How can anyone who is doubting wheter or not DC's knee will be good enough to give him the mobility he needs not also doubt TG's concussion not having permanetly affected his vision or quick thinking?

I don't know that those stats within the context that you're presenting them tell the entire story, though. However, one thing that I believe is that Culpepper hasn't been given a fair shot yet. He was brought back way too early and was never effective because of it. I also believe that normally a single type 3 concussion doesn't cause permanent damage.
My opinion is that Cameron wants Green here because he already has history with him and he's well versed in the system that Cameron want to use here. And that's probably the only real reason(s). I also think that if we get rid of Culpepper, he's going to land somewhere and do well.
I guess ultimately I'm not stressing over who between the 2 is our starter this year. Beck is the guy; anyone else is just keeping his seat warm until he settles in. I think both both Green and Culpepper give us a chance to win some games right now, provided he is healthy.

Now conisdering Daunte has shown no interest in tutoring anyone, advantage: Green.
I haven't read anything that indicated Green is interested, either.

Trent Green actually told the chiefs he would not be interested in tutoring brady croyle either, he said he is there to be a starting quarterback

Green just wants a chance to be a starter. He has no chance in KC.

The Dolphins have some great coaches to tutor Beck. They don't really need either DC or TG for that.

Green just wants a chance to be a starter. He has no chance in KC.

The Dolphins have some great coaches to tutor Beck. They don't really need either DC or TG for that.
Exactly!

If Green was so interested in tutoring a young QB he would have taken the pay cut and stayed in KC. I don't know which one would make the better "tutor" and I really don't care, I just want the one that will give us the best chance at winning.

Exactly... I think DC should be given the opportunity to compete for the spot though.

Give DC a chance, I don't think he can master the new gameplan. I don't think he is smart enough. That is my main problem with the guy. In MN, he didn't even call the reads. That was done by their center Matt Birk.

Show me where Green has shown any interest in tutoring, he just wants a job.

This whole mentoring thing is way overblown. NFL players are first and foremost concerned with their own careers. TG doesn't seem to keen to mentoring the young QB in KC, so what makes him such a great candidate to do that here?

Culpepper is not stupid, the guy can learn an offense, that's not even an issue IMO.

Back
Top Bottom