Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

I really hope green doesn't come to miami. They need to give DC another shot

If Vick gets charged with dogfighting, something that is becoming more and more likely by the day, then its very likely that he'll be suspended. Then Green would only have to beat out Joey "2 yard dump on 3rd and 6" Harrington to win the starting job. I wouldn't be surprised to see Green warm up to the idea of playing for the Falcons.

suspended? He'll be spending 15 to 20 in prison

Dont buy it....
Its just Peterson using his resource's to get a better deal then the one Mueller just tweaked. Thats why I like Cam/Mueller they wont fall for it.
If Speilman was GM, we would have gave KC a conditional 1st rounder.....

Exactly, this infatuation with Green is strange, if Atlanta wants to pick him up for more than we are willing to offer well then "adios" T. Green.

Peterson can play hardball, so can we, "IF" cpep is able to play, then why not give him a shot at starting, or Lemon or even Beck, we are going to win through running and D anyway, and giving up too much for a caretaker QB just doesn't make good sense.

I think everyone is allowed to have their own opinions here without their job history being questioned. None of us are GMs... and none of us are going to agree with every move the Dolphins make.

And yes... even the best general managers make mistakes. None of them are impervious to scrutiny.

I don't think the Phins should give up anything for any QB at this point. Not a 4th, not a 6th... not even a 7th.

Nothing.

Unless, of course, Atlanta would like to discuss a trade for Culpepper, or we could, without question, UPGRADE the position. Green is just as questionable as Culpepper at this point.

So, I say let C-pep and/or Lemon play, concentrate on developing John Beck, and stop giving away picks for castoff QBs.

Come here man! :bighug:

In other words, you don't trust the judgement of Cameron or Mueller. You feel that you have a better insight into what is best for this offense. Heck, why didn't you interview for the job. :lol:

i dont trust all of anyone's decisions, Mueller hasn't been perfect in all his transactions and Cam is in the position of making these decisions for the first time in his life. I loved Don Shula to death but I was still pissed when we drafted Eric Kumerow and Don Shula knows more about football than most anybody you could ever talk to. Every team in the league has knowlegable guys making these decisons and every year there are plenty of mistakes.
Hell, Mueller had some responsibility in aquiring Culpepper, everyone's favorite whipping boy or do you think we just paid Randy for nothing last year. I know he was on the plane when we visted Brees so I doubt, he was not in on this trade.

Falcons | Team to pursue Green?
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 08:04:03 -0700
Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports the Atlanta Falcons may have interest in pursuing Kansas City Chiefs QB Trent Green, according to several media reports. Green's agent, Jim Steiner, however, said he has not heard from the Falcons or any other team other than the Miami Dolphins.

I know Green said he will not play for anyone but MIA, but this will defitnetly give Peterson some leverage.

how is this new, it's the same thing that was said last week

How is this "heating up"?

It's just one guys speculating that Atlanta MAY have interest. Really, it's nothing we don't already know.

People, please. Thread titles.

How is this "heating up"?

It's just one guys speculating that Atlanta MAY have interest. Really, it's nothing we don't already know.

People, please. Thread titles.

Thank You!..Never has the word may been stretched!..I may be a millionaire..I may be the next president...I may...well almost anything.

Green means Win now?

or a 8-million dollar mentor?

If we give up anything more than a 6th round for Green and not make the playoffs would you be disappointed?

FYI-
Green has never made the playoffs as a first year starter for any of the teams he played with.
He has only led a team to the playoffs "1" once in his "12" twelve years as a Quarterback and seven of those years as an opening day starter.

Green was the 222 pick 8th round in '93, not a typo 8th round(My favorite Dolphin WR of all time was drafted that year-OJMcDuffie!)so for a 8mill, 37year old QB, and taking into consideration his injury history& a retooled O-Line(imo) Green will be only a 8mill dollar mentor if he makes it thru the season....

hes restructuring so he wont cost near as much as 8 mill

No matter what he is not going to play for 4 million both years. He may play for three year one and the rest of the contract will escalate. He is not going to give away money.

No matter what he is not going to play for 4 million both years. He may play for three year one and the rest of the contract will escalate. He is not going to give away money.

That's if he even plays here past one year, which I see two years being the max. He isn't a spring chicken afterall.

Anyway seeing as how in KC he may not even be the starter I can see him taking less money to possibly start here, and even less if it truely will be a fair competition between the QB's.

Back
Top Bottom