Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

hes restructuring so he wont cost near as much as 8 mill

I read somewhere that the deal was 2 years 16mill,(prolly not reliable source) thats not what bugs me.
The fact that we spent 2nd rounder for Pepper(not a big fan of Daunte) whom is pretty much the same type of QB minus system knowledge who is nearly 10 years younger is prolly gonna get released. I know
Pep's injured and wont be the opening day starter but I think next season even if he doesnt play a down this season and is 100% in 2008 he at the very least has 4th round potential trade value..

I do think Cleo is very capable of winning the same amount of games as Trent in 2007, plus he is more familiar with Cams sytem then Trent.

I like this scenario:
QB depth: opening day
Cleo Lemon
Pepper
Beck

Pepper
Beck
some-dude

Beck
some-dude
some-dude

2010-2011
BecK-NFL-MVP-SUPERBOWL-Winning QB

I read somewhere that the deal was 2 years 16mill,(prolly not reliable source) thats not what bugs me.
The fact that we spent 2nd rounder for Pepper(not a big fan of Daunte) whom is pretty much the same type of QB minus system knowledge who is nearly 10 years younger is prolly gonna get released. I know
Pep's injured and wont be the opening day starter but I think next season even if he doesnt play a down this season and is 100% in 2008 he at the very least has 4th round potential trade value..

I do think Cleo is very capable of winning the same amount of games as Trent in 2007, plus he is more familiar with Cams sytem then Trent.

Ok I don't know about you. But If Culpepper is still injured at the beginning or even the whole season. Do you really think the coaches and higher ups are going to be willing to give him a 3rd year ? Without playing much in the 2 previous years. Add to the fact that he has been pretty much injured the last 2 yrs in Minny. Personally I do not even want to think about those scenarios because he would more than likely be gone if he couldn't perform or has been traded this year. And basically he has been doing what a 2nd stringer or 3rd string Qb would be doing collecting a paycheck while riding the pines. Sorry but no coach or GM in their right mind would pay a guy that .

Ok I don't know about you. But If Culpepper is still injured at the beginning or even the whole season. Do you really think the coaches and higher ups are going to be willing to give him a 3rd year ? Without playing much in the 2 previous years. Add to the fact that he has been pretty much injured the last 2 yrs in Minny. Personally I do not even want to think about those scenarios because he would more than likely be gone if he couldn't perform or has been traded this year. And basically he has been doing what a 2nd stringer or 3rd string Qb would be doing collecting a paycheck while riding the pines. Sorry but no coach or GM in their right mind would pay a guy that .

People said Mangini should have released Pennington around this time last year. Brees injured throwing arm got a Huge deal in NewOrleans. Green went down with a Year ending injury the year Rams won the SB and still got a Huge deal with KC. So it doesnt matter, TEAMS would give up compensation for Pepp if they have the need and he is a Marquee name.
I dont know how exactly it would effect the Cap if we IR Pepp , but I think it would be stupid to just release him.

People said Mangini should have released Pennington around this time last year. Brees injured throwing arm got a Huge deal in NewOrleans. Green went down with a Year ending injury the year Rams won the SB and still got a Huge deal with KC. So it doesnt matter, TEAMS would give up compensation for Pepp if they have the need and he is a Marquee name.
I dont know how exactly it would effect the Cap if we IR Pepp , but I think it would be stupid to just release him.

That pretty much sums it up. Thats all he is. He is a guy who has a strong are and USED to be mobile. Now he's just a marquee name with a strong arm that is no longer effective due to his lack of mobility.

AS for Now... Green works with Chiefs

from the Sun Sentinel...

"The Dolphins' upgraded offer for Kansas City quarterback Trent Green did little to stimulate movement toward a deal.

"There is really nothing new to report there," Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson told The Kansas City Star on Friday when asked about the Dolphins possibly offering a fifth-round draft choice rather than a sixth-rounder."

LINK: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...un03,0,7492193.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

My guess Carl is standing pat. Maybe the rummors about Atlanta needing a QB could be his motive....

IMO, Michael Vick Holds Carl Peterson's Attention Concerning Green Trade...

Just my opinion and not read it anywhere...

We all know that Green already has some type of contractual agreement with Miami if and when he is traded to the Dolphins... but things here can take a 180 if the Dolphins don't part with a 4th rounder that Carl wants soon...

Since Green does not have a "no trade policy," in his current contrat with KC, he is susceptible to be traded to... None other than the Falcons if the Falcons have an inclination that Vick won't be there for part or all of 2007...

I could be mistaken and someone here can vouch or correct me. If the Falcons are willing to pay Green the FULL AMOUNT of his contract this year and offer KC a reasonable pick they will end up with Green and he will not have a say in it...

To me it does not seem likely that Atlanta would like to have the QB combination of Joey and Daunte, especially wtih Daunte's health issue still a question this close to training camp...

Now I don't know how the Falcon's CAP is, so I don't know if they have the space to absorb Green's salary, I am assuming they can when I make this post, so again someone can correct me if I am wrong...

Right now I believe in Carl's mind, he is in a win-win situtation, with the problem of Atlanta's starting QB and with that he can force the Dolphins FO into making a decision sooner than later on Green...

or we could very well end up with Daunte in TC competing against Lemon for starting time...

The more I think about it a 7th and a 6th is a stretch and only if some other team gets in the frey (which is quit unlikely). We need an insurance policy if C-pep is not ready and a mentor for Beck. But we need value! Giving up too much for a qb in his last days coming off a bad season is not a good way of going down the path to solve qb issues.

Well out of all the Qbs you listed Culpepper is still the guy who has been more hurt than the rest. As of right now Culpepper is essentially going on 3 yrs being injured. A couple with the Vikes. And going on 2 with us.

Brees showed he was worth the money and risk. Pennington has still been in their lineup . Even though he may get injured during the season he still plays and is probably still their best Qb. Green yeah he went down with an injury with the rams. But he also has played pretty good for KC after being traded.

What has Culpepper done for the Fins besides cashing in checks for doing nothing to warrant keeping him even though he may still be injured?

Just my opinion and not read it anywhere...

We all know that Green already has some type of contractual agreement with Miami if and when he is traded to the Dolphins... but things here can take a 180 if the Dolphins don't part with a 4th rounder that Carl wants soon...

Since Green does not have a "no trade policy," in his current contrat with KC, he is susceptible to be traded to... None other than the Falcons if the Falcons have an inclination that Vick won't be there for part or all of 2007...

I could be mistaken and someone here can vouch or correct me. If the Falcons are willing to pay Green the FULL AMOUNT of his contract this year and offer KC a reasonable pick they will end up with Green and he will not have a say in it...

To me it does not seem likely that Atlanta would like to have the QB combination of Joey and Daunte, especially wtih Daunte's health issue still a question this close to training camp...

Now I don't know how the Falcon's CAP is, so I don't know if they have the space to absorb Green's salary, I am assuming they can when I make this post, so again someone can correct me if I am wrong...

Right now I believe in Carl's mind, he is in a win-win situtation, with the problem of Atlanta's starting QB and with that he can force the Dolphins FO into making a decision sooner than later on Green...

or we could very well end up with Daunte in TC competing against Lemon for starting time...

I know this is just your opinion but why would the Falcons pay Joey FA money and then pay Green his salary?

Carl is not in a win-win situation. He will most likely receive nothing for Green and look dumb when this is all said and done.

Current look at Trent Green.

For those who may be interested, Inside Chiefs mini-camp is on the NFL network tonight at 8:00.

I know this is just your opinion but why would the Falcons pay Joey FA money and then pay Green his salary?

Carl is not in a win-win situation. He will most likely receive nothing for Green and look dumb when this is all said and done.

We all know that Joey was brought in to be Vick's backup...as insurance money for a game or two. If Vick is scheduled to miss considerable game time due to his legal issues, the Falcons will look for a starter... one that has been very productive and they might want to pay... to ease the pain of loosing their star QB...

Again just my 2 cents...

I really believe that Carl Petersen won't accept anything less than the 4th round choice he is asking for. If he doesn't get it, I think he'll hold onto Trent Green. He may look like an idiot in the process, but unless Mr.Hunt tells him to dump Trent Green, Carl is going to get what he wants. Question is do we give it to him? We're apparently inching closer and closer to it. I don't know why we just don't say listen...6th round conditional pick....That is our best offer, if you want to talk you can come talk to us. Yet, they keep talking, which makes you believe we want Green badly...Well, if we want him badly why not give up a 5th round conditional choice or a 4th round pick if you want him to be our starting QB?

I really believe that Carl Petersen won't accept anything less than the 4th round choice he is asking for. If he doesn't get it, I think he'll hold onto Trent Green. He may look like an idiot in the process, but unless Mr.Hunt tells him to dump Trent Green, Carl is going to get what he wants. Question is do we give it to him? We're apparently inching closer and closer to it. I don't know why we just don't say listen...6th round conditional pick....That is our best offer, if you want to talk you can come talk to us. Yet, they keep talking, which makes you believe we want Green badly...Well, if we want him badly why not give up a 5th round conditional choice or a 4th round pick if you want him to be our starting QB?

Yeah if we really want him just give up the 4th round pick already. If not yank the offer completely and see how Peterson reacts. I bet he will squirm and call us back. I want Green here and believe we shouldn't continue to play this ridiculous game. Peterson is going to keep Trent till the last possible moment just out of spite.

Michael Vick was knwon as "Dogman"...

I apologize if this has been posted before...

I google this articlefrom the OTB site and seems to have some more rumors/info on the issue... This might give my last opinions a little bite (no pun intended)...

"Well, it seems that Michael Vick the quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons is also what is called a “dogmanâ€Â. A dogman is somebody who likes to fight dogs."

and lastly this little one...

"Now the story is that Vick’s involvment with dog fighting was well known inside the Falcon’s orgainization and that Vick’s recruited others into dog fighting as well.

Also, the rumor is that the Falcon’s are getting ready for a 6 game suspension."

LINK: http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/arc...l_vick_dogman/

So Green could possibly be more than an afterthought for the Falcon's front office..

Back
Top Bottom