Merged: The Official Vince Wilfork Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Vince Wilfork Thread

For those to lazy to click

Here is the write-up

A short while later, Comcast Sports New England's Tom Curran confirmed that Wilfork has indeed been tagged. The paperwork was filed Monday.

Curran spoke with Wilfork's agent Kennard McGuire earlier Monday. McGuire simply said they are taking things "one day at a time."

Using the tag now, of course, doesn't prevent a long-term deal from occurring later this offseason, which is Wilfork's ultimate goal. The Patriots just had to make sure that long-term contract didn't come with any other team first:tongue2:

It makes sense, pay him Top $$ this year while their is no cap then work on a better longer cap friendly contract.

F*ck I hate Billecheat!!
Chubbs

Wilfork on the franchise tag:

"But I don't look at myself as an okay player," Wilfork continued. "Like I said, it's just basically a slap in my face and it's insulting to me to tell me I'm an okay player."

For those to lazy to click

Here is the write-up

A short while later, Comcast Sports New England's Tom Curran confirmed that Wilfork has indeed been tagged. The paperwork was filed Monday.

Curran spoke with Wilfork's agent Kennard McGuire earlier Monday. McGuire simply said they are taking things "one day at a time."

Using the tag now, of course, doesn't prevent a long-term deal from occurring later this offseason, which is Wilfork's ultimate goal. The Patriots just had to make sure that long-term contract didn't come with any other team first:tongue2:

If you didn't see this coming, you deserve the disappointment you're feeling, lol.

You knew this was coming. Dude's one of the premier NT's in the league, they weren't just going to let him go.

They would be stupid not to franchise him......hopefully he refuses to sign a long term deal and becomes a distraction in the offseason.

If Wilfork kept his mouth shut about playing for a division rival, then maybe Belicheck would not have tagged him and let Wilfork test the market and just match any offer he got, Wilfork would have gone back to New England. I didn't think we had a chance of getting him anyways. From a business standpoint, Wilfork played this wrong.

Back
Top Bottom