Merged: The Official Vince Wilfork Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Vince Wilfork Thread

Doesn't he supposedly hate the Phins? I have a hard time believing he's doing anything but talking up his "options" so they give him the fat contract he wants.

Yeah, i herd the same, that he's always hated the fins. I wouldnt want to waste the money, i'd hate to have someone overpaid like Hainsworth. I feel to have success is o build through the draft.

Doesn't he supposedly hate the Phins? I have a hard time believing he's doing anything but talking up his "options" so they give him the fat contract he wants.

I mentioned this last week and for some reason, a lot of people thought I made it up so it's good to know that I'm not the only one. That being said, I completely agree that Vince is trying to drive up his price (and who could blame him). He wants to get paid and get a long term deal. The best way to accomplish both is to publicly say you'd love to go home to play football (which coincendentally happens to be the home of your biggest division rival) and all but threaten the Pats that you'll be disruptive if you get the franchise tag.

there is no free angency

who cares where a player wants to go?

He was a Bills fan growing up down in Miami, and when you root for a team and live in the town of one of their rivals, then yeah, I could see why you'd hate that team.

That said, he probably grew up a bit and realized that the NFL is a business, and that his personal feelings aside, he probably wants to live in his hometown.

You know what they say, 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'. If Wilifork really gets to'd at the Patsies, look for him to try to make his way to Miami. He may even take a little of a paycut just to stick it to the Patsies twice a year. It might be a better move than a Dansby signing. NTs can play well into their 30s. It would be a huge acquisition of he were to end up in Miami!

They have until the 25th to tag him right? 9 days and counting. If he magically hits free agency because of Belicheck's pride somehow, we HAVE to go after him!

Thinking about the possibility of landing Wilfork makes me very excited... but I just can't see New England not tagging him if they don't sign him. I would be absolutely shocked if they let him hit free agency knowing we're there with bags of cash and a need for a big 3-4 NT.

not that i didnt believe you, it was just odd but thanks.

No problem! Sorry if I sounded snarky! ;) It was late and I was tired.

It was harder to find underneath all the internet searches with his trade talk. Before then, it was on the first page.

Using the Dolphins to gain leverage over Belicheat. Hopefully, Belicheat's pride gets in his way.

Back
Top Bottom