Merged: The Ron Rivera Bandwagon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Ron Rivera Bandwagon

Medicane84

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Ron Rivera Bandwagon

This probably has been started up already, but I would love to see Ron Rivera as our new HC. In a way I would love to see an explosive, offense oriented coach; however, Rivera's defense is just too good to ignore. Hes never been a HC, has that hunger, and has created a consistent top-notch defense throughout his tenure at Chicago (God knows the bears aren't in the playoffs due to qb play :sidelol:).

You couple him with Capers, and I couldn't imagine the sick, sick packages we would throw at teams week in and week out.

Hopefully, you take Rivera, and let him hire a solid OC, and we're set.

I base my opinion off of his NFL track record thus far, I hope hes not another tyrant... :rolleyes2

I would have absolutely no problem with Rivera being hired, so long as Mularkey is heaved out the door and a solid OC is brought in.

This probably has been started up already, but I would love to see Ron Rivera as our new HC. In a way I would love to see an explosive, offense oriented coach; however, Rivera's defense is just too good to ignore. Hes never been a HC, has that hunger, and has created a consistent top-notch defense throughout his tenure at Chicago (God knows the bears aren't in the playoffs due to qb play :sidelol:).

You couple him with Capers, and I couldn't imagine the sick, sick packages we would throw at teams week in and week out.

Hopefully, you take Rivera, and let him hire a solid OC, and we're set.

I base my opinion off of his NFL track record thus far, I hope hes not another tyrant... :rolleyes2

I would have absolutely no problem with Rivera being hired, so long as Mularkey is heaved out the door and a solid OC is brought in.
I agree 100%. As long as Mularkey isnt on the Dolphins next season Illl be happy with whoever is coach.

Well i hope Rivera is the man... We need that kind of coach... but is very importnt to get a very good and agresive OC A man who roch this team out. I´been a dolfan since 1970... and i cant belive we are so down now and the patriots are so high... even the lousy jets are in the playoffs and look where are we. So lets get a HC by weekend and lets start working by monday!!!

Why do we have two Ron Rivera Bandwagon threads? :confused:

JT just won defensive MVP under Capers, do we really need another heavy defensive mind. Capers combined with a offensive guru w/ leadership skills is still my preference.

JT just won defensive MVP under Capers, do we really need another heavy defensive mind. Capers combined with a offensive guru w/ leadership skills is still my preference.

Agreed, bring in Cam and we should be set!:dolphins:

Of all the coordinators out there, I like Rivera best.

If you want to have a great offense, hire a great offensive coordinator to be an offensive coordinator. Too many formerly great offensive coordinators have failed to produce an offense as a head coach.

I agree, I say keep Capers here and a guy like Wisenhunt would probably keep him here.

MARTZ IS MY FIRST CHOICE, WITH Ron Rivera AT #2. Just a thought how about Rivera as head coach and Don Strock as OC???

I know that this will probbably not go down well with some on this site, and particularly with somw on this thread, but I am not that impressed with Rivera or his defenses. I believe that the Chicago D is overrated. I think there are many teams that have better defenses, perhaps not statistically, with lesser talent.
I have no problem if we hire a Defensive Coordiantor for HC but I'm not sold on Rivera.

The big problem with hiring coordinators, etc is that their impact on the team they're on isn't quite clear.

Even Rivera, isn't he under Lovie Smith, a very good defensive mind?
Mike Martz, the year that he had great success was when he took the reins, and although yes he took the Rams to the superbowl (they were just there), isn't it pretty easy to look like a genious with Faulk around his prime, and bruce & holt as your receivers? You could practically close your eyes, and pick a play at random.

Cameron's record in what some of you are referring to as an "amateur level" (aka College) is horrific... if he can't handle it there, how do you expect him to lead an NFL franchise?

Also, what the hell does an "assistant HC" do?" I mean, to me, that sounds like a parasite.. that position is not directly responsible for anything right, like a DC or OC is.

Soo many variables.. my head hurts.

Back
Top Bottom