MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Travis Daniels Picked 4th Round

guy can play safety, saban said he was getting a corner. he knows what hes getting. im fine with it even though i wanted brown... o line better be good next year, specially since we passed on some serious talent.

Kiper said that if Daniels can revert to his 2003 form, he could prove to be a steal. Saban must think he's a player. Saban said we needed a corner and I didn't see any available corners that were better than Daniels.

He has great instincts and could be an impacting safety if he adds some bulk (ie, Ed Reed)

Blackshade said:
Yeah it is a homer pick but not a bad one, especially if he moves back to safety where he was a much better player than at CB where is speed is only marginal. Unfortunately one of the main images I have of Travis Daniels this year was constantly getting burned by Reggie Brown and Fred Gibson when UGA beat up on LSU pretty bad. But he was a great safety in 2003 so hopefully he reverts back to that form.

espn stated he ran a 4.45 at the lsu workout. Saban probably had him playing out of position out of necessity. Looks like we found our safety.

I don't like the pick at all no matter what anybody says. Kyle Orton just went to the Bears.

This wasn't a BPA kind of pick but we did lose Pat and Saban knows this guy.We have to go offence with our last 2 picks.

Ozzy rules!!

Yea, I don't like this pick at all either.......... I LOVED the 1st 3 picks, but this was a reach IMO. One question though.......... I thought I heard Kiper say he ran a 4.6, but on his player page it says 4.43, did I mishear Kiper????

Guy is big, had a better 2003 than teammate CB Webster and Saban knows him well. Although there were other attractive prospects out there Saban has been in the NFL before and knows what he wants in a DB and what better than take a guy you recruited and coached for 4 years... GreenMonster

He improved his time at his workout.

His team day was a 4.5-4.6. His combine was a 4.4

Boomer said:
Daniels can play inside and out, is a guy Nick knows really well, is great value - Kiper said he should have been a 2. Good size. Nick is following the plan to the letter.
Boom,
Any chance that
McPherson
Hawthorne
Wilkerson or Shazor slip to the 5th?

Anothr great value pick. 4 superb picks, sticking to the game plan, getting value in 2,3 and 4 with guys who should have gone much higher. Really nice.

Brandon Browner is a better CB, in my opinion. Much more upside to him than Daniels.

Back
Top Bottom