[MERGED] Tribute & Thanks Thread to Zach Thomas | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Tribute & Thanks Thread to Zach Thomas

and thats why thomas has had a long and prosperous career

as can be witnessed by his bank account

sorry, but i have a hard time feeling bad for someone who has made tens of millions of dollars to play the game of football. regardless if he was cut at the age of 35
your missing the point...patriots got all that and a ring but they are cheaters..zach was a good person and he deserve a ring as reward to top off his career...
and maybe thats why its good we did release him cause now he gets a chance to go on a winning team and get that superbowl ring..0

You know what was cool about Zach....

Consider this my little tribute to him:

What was cool about Zach Thomas was, he was a 5"11ft guy, again for the millionth time not the most physically gifted guy. He was hardly chiseled out of stone like Ray Lewis, nor did he have the size and strength of a Junior Seau. He probably should have been an NFL linebacker in the 70's or 80's but certainly not in today's era.

Yet he was

You know what he was, he was just like us. As corny as it sounds he was the little guy. I dont know about you guys but i dont have the size or strength to be an NFL linebacker, and to be quite frank neither did Zach. He was too small plain and simple.

But what measures a football player isn't always his size

But it's his heart. It's his desire. It's his passion. Zach Thomas played 11 seasons in Miami REALLY wanting in. He fought through bigger guys blocking him, he took down RB's charging at him, and he had us all in awe watching him. Our Jaws dropping at how well a guy who "didn't belong" and "didn't fit in" could play.

Maybe thats why fans loved him so much. Because watching him made us feel like we were watching one of our own out there.

What I remember best about Zach was bumping into him at the same Fort Lauderdale night club twice while he was hammered and hanging out with Steve Emtman and Larry Izzo.

I what i love about Zach was his constant dedication to being better. Every offseason, we would hear about how much game film he goes over, his hyperbolic chamber, his constant need to improve upon his game. I remember one season that he decided to gain weight to improve his game but saw that it slowed him down and he dropped off the weight. How often does a player just change his weight to try and improve his game? Zach is going to be a great coach because he can go over and analyze film so well. This is probably the most important quality about Zach that we will all miss from him. Zach, good luck and god speed. We all wanna see you back here, coaching and instilling your philosophy and work ethic on the next generation of Miami Dolphins linebackers.

My tribute to ZT...a new sig. You'll always be a Fin Zach!

Zach will always be a Dolphin to me too

You become a fan of a team, and get attached to some players. Zach was almost in a class all by himself in this regard. For me only Dan Marino, Bob Greise, John Offerdahl, Jason Taylor and Larry Czonka command that kind of loyalty from me as a Dolphins fan.

Zach was the heart and soul of a very good Miami Dolphins defense for over 10 years. His accomplishments on the field are legendary (he has more solo tackles than any other Middle Linebacker already enshrined in the NFL Hall of Fame), but it was also what he represented off the field, and the way he carried himself with class, like very few men I have seen in professional sports. He was always friendly to fans, reporters, and never a problem in the police blotters either. Not even a hint of a malcontent was he. Always the company man, touting the line given to him to speak from the front office or head coach. He always was a company man to the max.

I am very sad, but yet a little bit of me always will root for Zach to finally win a Super Bowl ring. I will really cringe if it is the New England Patriots, and something inside of me wants it to be the Indianapolis Colts or San Diego Chargers so I can actually root for him.

God Bless you Zach, and thanks for the memories bro, you said it best when quoted in the Miami Herald this morning, "I am healthy and look forward to playing in 2008, but will always consider myself a Miami Dolphin"

Love ya Zach, you will always be a Miami Dolphin to me too.

We Will Miss You Zach...Godspeed Be With The Best Linebacker Ever

We Will Miss You Zach...Godspeed Be With The Best Linebacker Ever

I'm know I'm alittle late on this one, but coming from a Bills fan I just wanted to let you guys know I always thought Zach Thomas was a hell of a football player and and I wish he played for my team. You guys were lucky to have him on board as long as you did, and part of me is actually going to miss playing against him twice a year. Moreso than the Randy Moss' and LaDainian Tomlinson's of the league, I've always been a fan of the guys in Zach's mold, all heart.

I'm know I'm alittle late on this one, but coming from a Bills fan I just wanted to let you guys know I always thought Zach Thomas was a hell of a football player and and I wish he played for my team. You guys were lucky to have him on board as long as you did, and part of me is actually going to miss playing against him twice a year. Moreso than the Randy Moss' and LaDainian Tomlinson's of the league, I've always been a fan of the guys in Zach's mold, all heart.

Thanks! That's very classy of you to say so. We will all miss Zach tremendously.

Right on man! :up:

Back
Top Bottom