[MERGED] Tribute & Thanks Thread to Zach Thomas | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Tribute & Thanks Thread to Zach Thomas

Does ANYBODY know how to contact Zach?
Not for me...but can somebody make sure that he will get this letter?
He IS the man.
THE MAN.

I will root for him as well. I hope he comes up here till they find a replacement for Dan Morgan and I will buy season Tickets.

I'll miss Zach Thomas as much as the next guy. I can't believe that I'll never see Taylor and Thomas giving each other a victory hug after the Superbowl. I would have never let him go, even if the whole salary cap was taken over by just JT and ZT. :(

I am extremely saddened by this cut. Today we lost a true warrior, a old style type player who gave 100% and lead by example. This is the kind of football player ALL fans can be proud of. I wish Zach all the luck in the world and thank him for being such a fine representative of my Dolphins. The Hall of Fame awaits my friend. Just please don't sign with the Jets, Bills and especially the Patriots.

It is ironic that he is cut on Valentine's Day. Now all us Fin fans have broken hearts. Good luck Zach, you deserve the best.

Well, Zach was a warrior and leader for us, but the time has come. I must say I am surprised that there was no effort to try and trade him for a pick of any sort rather than just outright cutting him.

Zach is the MAN he played hurt and always gave it his all. When Miami lost you know Zach wasnt a happy man. The game meant something to him which I cant say about many players in the league or even on this team. Zach Thomas is what a REAL football player is all about. When we lost I hated it and so did Zach and that made me feel better about it. Knowing that he wasnt smiling thinking owell Im paid dont matter to me means alot. Im not happy he is gonna be gone at all. NOBODY can tell me that he cant help this team. Id sooner cut Joey Porter than Zach. We cut him to save a couple bucks next season, please. We are gonna suck next year with or without him. IMO we should have more respect for one of the Dolphin all time greats.

that's a nice, profound letter.. thanks for the good read.
i'm very sad to see him leave as well..

Zack was a special player, not only because of him playing for my favorite team....but for being a professional each and every week. He made the franchise that much better, how many players can say they lifted an entire mindset, quiet distruction, that was Zack's way of play. He could cover sideline to sideline better than any player in the NFL. I would like to say it way a priviledge and honor to watch this player play the game that we love!! if Zack suits up for another team, I too will be the first one in line to want him to succeed. I do know this is a business decision, I do know that players come and go, but the FRANCHISE lives on, and we as fans root on the players, but we LOVE our franchise. So please raise a glass to the sky, and thank #54 for 12 great years of solid and unprecedented play from our middle linebacker. thank you for the memories!!!!!

Crying.....come on.... Get a grip.
Things like this happen.
Not to be rude but cryin??? Give me a break, man up and say thanks Zach you were and are the man. We all knew this was coming and I think ,unfortunatley, its the right choice, we're moving forward and I'm siked. Thanks ZT for your heart and soul and I wish you could have won the big one! GO PHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont for get me

Dear Mr. Thomas,

It is arguably one of the saddest days ever for all Miami Dolphin fans everywhere. To me, it is the second saddest day in Dolphin history (the first is when Dan the Man retired). I said a while back in one of my threads that I started that I would cry my eyes on the day you retire or leave the Dolphins. Well guess what? I am crying right now while I type this up. I never thought I would see this day, but it was bound to come.

On behalf of all Miami Dolphin fans everywhere, we want to thank you for all that you have done for the Miami Dolphin franchise. You have undoubtedly been the heart, soul, and leader of this franchise for the last 12 years. You have been an extreme role model to your team, community, and your fans. You proved your excellence on and off the field. Most important of all, you have been a class act. You were never a talker or a bragger. You always let your play do the talking. You never had to juice up like Shawn Merriman, never had to make ridiculous commercials like Brian Urlacher, and you never had to pick up grass and do a stupid dance, or murder someone to get attention like Ray Lewis. If I was starting a football team right now, you would be my LBs coach because you personified the way a LB should truly play.

You have left us so many memories that us Dolphin fans can look back on with large smiles:
- Your 20 tackle, 3 goal-line stops game against Atlanta in 2001
- Your Neil O’ Donnell INT return for a TD against Tennessee in 2001 on opening day
- Your thunderous hit on Jets RB Cedric Houston long the sideline in 2005
- Your thunderous hit on Jets WR Laverneous Coles in 2006 on Christmas night where you were wrongly fined.

With the 1996 AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year award, a team defensive record of 7 Pro Bowl selections, and 2 NFL Alumni Association LB of the Year Awards, there is no doubt in my mind or anyone else’s mind that you have left your mark in the history of the Miami Dolphins. I hope you do not go on to play again, and do what Dan Marino did…and that is retire a Miami Dolphin. I do not want your legacy to be tarnished because you worked to hard to have it ruined. If you decide to play again, I don’t care who you play for, as long as its not one of our divisional rivals. Any other team is fine, because you will always go down in history as Miami Dolphin.

In the near future, you surely will have you name put up in Dolphins Stadium on that Honor Roll with all the great Dolphin legends that have come before you…it is only appropriate that your name follows. Also there is no doubt in my mind, that some day, you will be enshrined in Canton because you deserve that just as much. And if it never comes, not only will it be a shame…it will be an injustice. Like Dan Marino, you do not need a ring to go down as one of the greatest LBs to ever play Zach. Your one of the greatest in my eyes, along with the eyes of many others.

With all that said, I want to thank you once again for all that you contributed to this franchise. You were…excuse me…you ARE one of the most popular Miami Dolphins of all time, and you will undoubtedly be missed for years to come. God Bless you Mr. Zachary Thomas, and thank you once again

jg772006
jason_taylor

Some people don't understand how hard it is to see Zach go. He was so many things and deserved so much more. I really wish that I could have seen him with a ring, he deserved it more than some people with a ring. I don't think there's another player on the team that has the same personal and professional qualities that Zach had. I loved how he played, how he presented himself. He had an authentic passion and love for the game like no other. He wasn't like the trash talking young players that have no discipline, no, he was always the one to shut them up... QUIETLY and on the field. Zach was a true man in a league full of boys. I don't know if this team will ever be the same without him. Like 3rdandinches said he's the one Dolphin player that I would cheer for, regardless of the team. He earned and deserves that respect. I know for a fact that the entire Dolphin Nation is mourning this loss. I know it won't be the same when I look at the defense and not see "Thomas" in the middle directing everything. It's hard to even gather words to describe how hard this is gonna be. May God bless Zach and his family and let's all hope that he stays healthy and get's what he deserves.

Back
Top Bottom