Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY) | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY)

enigmatics said:
Again, these circumstances have been faced before and the NFL didn't budge. There's nothing you can possibly do for this event that's any different than the last one.

It gets to a point where you don't want to be screwed over anymore. If they keep forcing me to find something else to do other than follow the Dolphins eventually I will. We had a group of about 10 people going to the Mia/SD game which I just cancelled. I made plans to go out of town this weekend so I probably won't watch any NFL at all. I'd cancel my DTV but I only use it for the Sunday Ticket which is already paid for. Right now I'm leaning towards not renewing. I know many will say that "yeah sure, he won't give it up", but those are people who don't know me. I used to watch the NBA consistently until I grew increasingly frustrated with the officiating. Now I catch maybe 6 games a season. I don't buy the NBA merchandise like I used to. I'm not angry at the NBA, I just don't care anymore. I don't think the NFL is scared of losing the couple grand I spend each year on them. I'm not doing this as a threat. It's just that when I have something in my life that I feel is treating me badly I remove it. I'm not sure if I'm at that point yet, but I'm getting closer each year. I won't watch the Dolphins this weekend. I'm not sure if I'll watch next weekend. How many weekends will it take for me not to care at all?

It would be SO much more easy if I were a Browns or Bengals fan..I would only be a couple hours away from home games and NEVER have to worry about missing a game...but I have a deep passion for the Dolphins that cant be turned off/on....this sucks but we have no choice but to bend over and take it up the....................

rafael said:
It gets to a point where you don't want to be screwed over anymore. If they keep forcing me to find something else to do other than follow the Dolphins eventually I will. We had a group of about 10 people going to the Mia/SD game which I just cancelled. I made plans to go out of town this weekend so I probably won't watch any NFL at all. I'd cancel my DTV but I only use it for the Sunday Ticket which is already paid for. Right now I'm leaning towards not renewing. I know many will say that "yeah sure, he won't give it up", but those are people who don't know me. I used to watch the NBA consistently until I grew increasingly frustrated with the officiating. Now I catch maybe 6 games a season. I don't buy the NBA merchandise like I used to. I'm not angry at the NBA, I just don't care anymore. I don't think the NFL is scared of losing the couple grand I spend each year on them. I'm not doing this as a threat. It's just that when I have something in my life that I feel is treating me badly I remove it. I'm not sure if I'm at that point yet, but I'm getting closer each year. I won't watch the Dolphins this weekend. I'm not sure if I'll watch next weekend. How many weekends will it take for me not to care at all?

CYA

Back
Top Bottom