Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY) | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY)

I thought this was already determined that the Game WOULD NOT be aired Friday, and I've even seen some people say that it is not going to be aired on Sunday as a tape delay........WTF???

SMadison29 said:
I think everyone is misunderstanding this. Nobody has yet to say that the game will not be on Direct TV. When they say it will only be broadcast in the local markets that means that it won't be broadcast nationally like MNF games are. Sunday Ticket is a satellite feed from the local channel.

Huh? What part of "will only be broadcast in local cities like Miami and Kansas City don't you understand? That includes every possible television outlet there is. Theoretical they could just broadcast the game because all they do is take the local feed, but they're not going to. This has happened before and it's happening once again.

bigbillshater said:
I called Direct TV and the guy that i talked to said that the game will be aired on channel 706 friday night. he said that for now it showes that the game will be live but it could change to airing on sunday in a recorded event. so but for now it's supposed to be a live airing of the game just to let you all know.

They said this last year too. Sorry to bust your bubble but this went on numerous times. So many threads saying it's going on live because a customer service rep said it would be on. I am a customer service rep myself and I'll say anything to get them off the phone when they are griping. Just don't get your hopes up too high. I want it to be on just like everyone else, but the reality is, it will be replayed on Sunday. But I will cross my fingers though.

outlawd2u said:
I thought this was already determined that the Game WOULD NOT be aired Friday, and I've even seen some people say that it is not going to be aired on Sunday as a tape delay........WTF???

Dolphins official website says NFL network will show it sometime on Sunday

enigmatics said:
Huh? What part of "will only be broadcast in local cities like Miami and Kansas City don't you understand? That includes every possible television outlet there is. Theoretical they could just broadcast the game because all they do is take the local feed, but they're not going to. This has happened before and it's happening once again.

What part of "they haven't said the game won't be on Direct TV" don't you understand? Sunday Ticket uses the local feeds to begin with, so the "only be broadcast in local markets" still applies. "It won't be broadcast nationally" means it won't be broadcast nationally ala MNF on ABC where everyone sees it. It happened last year but that was because it conflicted with the SNF game, there is no game it conflicts with. Many people have called & have been told it will be aired live. I guess we'll just have to wait n see.

Why didn't this set of circumstances come up when the Giants/Saints had to be rescheduled for Monday night? Wouldn't the same advertising concerns affect that scenario?

What's the difference? They showed THAT game nationally.

Here's some direct phone numbers to some people who work at the NFL office. They're obviously not going to answer so you'll get their voice mail. Leave them a message or call and talk to them tomorrow. Let them know how you really feel about them not allowing Directv to show the game live.

Matt Hill: 212-450-2080
Dan Masonson: 212-450-2081
Connie Papa: 212-450-2093
Seth Palansky: 212-450-2422
Brian McCarthy: 212-450-2069

I think the NFL owns every number starting at 212-450-2000 and going up. So try dialing some other numbers just changing the last two digits of it. Leave random people at the NFL office a voice mail. :lol:

SMadison29 said:
What part of "they haven't said the game won't be on Direct TV" don't you understand? Sunday Ticket uses the local feeds to begin with, so the "only be broadcast in local markets" still applies. "It won't be broadcast nationally" means it won't be broadcast nationally ala MNF on ABC where everyone sees it. It happened last year but that was because it conflicted with the SNF game, there is no game it conflicts with. Many people have called & have been told it will be aired live. I guess we'll just have to wait n see.

The part whey they said "only be broadcast in local cities" ...........lol it's pretty simply guy. It doesn't say "Will be broadcast in local citites, but you can view it if you have the NFL Sunday Ticket." It won't be broadcast nationally at all.....not thru cable television, not thru national television, and certainly not thru any dish network. It's the same thing that happened to us previously and the result will STILL be the same.

byroan said:
Here's some direct phone numbers to some people who work at the NFL office. They're obviously not going to answer so you'll get their voice mail. Leave them a message or call and talk to them tomorrow. Let them know how you really feel about them not allowing Directv to show the game live.

Connie Papa: 242-450-2093

I think the NFL owns every number starting at 212-450-2000 and going up. So try dialing some other numbers just changing the last two digits of it. Leave random people at the NFL office a voice mail. :lol:

I called the five you posted and left reasonable messages....

"I understand you cant do anything about tomorrow but the NFL needs to put a plan in place to allow fans to see games when these things happen. Especially considering the fact that Florida being hit by a Hurricane is becoming an annual event"......blah,blah,blah....

byroan said:

Connie Papa: 242-450-2093

I just left connie a message..

Canadianfishfan said:
Ive called rogers 3 times.. Ive been told each timethe game will be televised. But each time where it will be played has changed.
1st time - on the original Sunday Ticket Channel
2nd time- on my local CBS station.
3rd time- on CBS, butI will have to check my listings.

Which tells me they have no idea:shakeno:

Shaw told me EXACTLY the same thing...accept I heard it from three different people during the SAME PHONE CALL..I got transfered 3 different times.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
I just left connie a message..

Just noticed I had her area code wrong. Hope you caught that. 242 goes to the Bahamas. :lol:

enigmatics said:
The part whey they said "only be broadcast in local cities" ...........lol it's pretty simply guy. It doesn't say "Will be broadcast in local citites, but you can view it if you have the NFL Sunday Ticket." It won't be broadcast nationally at all.....not thru cable television, not thru national television, and certainly not thru any dish network. It's the same thing that happened to us previously and the result will STILL be the same.

True....but "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Im a season ticket holder who strongly considered purchasing NFL Ticket simply to watch the eight away games with no B.S.

Thats almost 1500.00 dollars out of my pocket.

Now add up parking, jerseys, concessions, tips...etc.

I figure that I personally drop 3K on the Miami Dolphins and the NFL each and every year.

Thats 30,000 dollars every ten years.

From one guy.

Its a "drop in the bucket" to the NFL, I understand that....but collectiveley we have power to make a change.

HVACservice said:
True....but "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Im a season ticket holder who strongly considered purchasing NFL Ticket simply to watch the eight away games with no B.S.

Thats almost 1500.00 dollars out of my pocket.

Now add up parking, jerseys, concessions, tips...etc.

I figure that I personally drop 3K on the Miami Dolphins and the NFL each and every year.

Thats 30,000 dollars every ten years.

From one guy.

Its a "drop in the bucket" to the NFL, I understand that....but collectiveley we have power to make a change.

I understand your concern stemming from all the money you spend on your team, but the NFL never offered the package as a "team-specific" package. It's a "collective package." It's meant to offer you a variety of games, not just "a game." That's why they don't care as much. It would be different if it were the "Miami Dolphins Sunday Ticket."

Back
Top Bottom