Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY) | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: TV for the game (LOCAL TV ONLY)

enigmatics said:
I understand your concern stemming from all the money you spend on your team, but the NFL never offered the package as a "team-specific" package. It's a "collective package." It's meant to offer you a variety of games, not just "a game." That's why they don't care as much. It would be different if it were the "Miami Dolphins Sunday Ticket."

You "understand my concern" but your "missing my point".

I am really pissed this is the only game I was going to get to see all year (living in cheif country) and now I am not going to get to see it. I understand about how it is not going to be safe for them to play I do not have a problem with any of that but why the local station wont play the game is beyond me... there are alot of local cheif fans really pissed.

Just to add more fuelt to the fire...nfl.com had the game posted earlier today as being on channel 706 on directv, now it's blank and only list sirius channels...so it looks to me like they obviously took it off on purpose since it will not be shown live on DirecTV....let's see what happens tomorrow.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules#week7

HVACservice said:
You "understand my concern" but your "missing my point".

No you're missing the point. There'll be no game televised. Until you do, your "points" are all for not.

enigmatics said:
I understand your concern stemming from all the money you spend on your team, but the NFL never offered the package as a "team-specific" package. It's a "collective package." It's meant to offer you a variety of games, not just "a game." That's why they don't care as much. It would be different if it were the "Miami Dolphins Sunday Ticket."

Isn't the ticket supposed to offer ALL the NFL games besides the nationally televised ones?

If so then it does in fact become team specific because it's meant to cover ALL the teams correct?

I'm not sure if that is the case but if it is then they actually should have to televise a reschedule.

Trekbiz said:
Isn't the ticket supposed to offer ALL the NFL games besides the nationally televised ones?

If so then it does in fact become team specific because it's meant to cover ALL the teams correct?

I'm not sure if that is the case but if it is then they actually should have to televise a reschedule.

They call it the NFL Sunday Ticket "Package" because it allows you access to all the games barring strange circumstances. If they wanted it team-specificc, then you'd see the Miami Dolphins Channel, The Patriots Channel, etc etc......

enigmatics said:
They call it the NFL Sunday Ticket "Package" because it allows you access to all the games barring strange circumstances. If they wanted it team-specificc, then you'd see the Miami Dolphins Channel, The Patriots Channel, etc etc......

No, that's not true.
If you sell a package that promises coverage for EVERY team then it is team specific for EVERY team and your point of individual stations would'nt be an issue.

If they promise coverage of every game scheduled on Sundays then they should continue coverage if a Sunday scheduled game is switched to another day.

I agree with everyone on this issue that it is just one of those red tape BS issues.

enigmatics said:
Until you do, your "points" are all for not.

If we do nothing as you suggest and let the NFL walk all over us we will never get this B.S policy changed.

Until we do...your correct..."its all for not".

But hopefully next season "Negative Nancy`s" that choose to do nothing will have the option of watching a game, as opposed to posting on a message board during it about how we should simply accept it.

You can thank me and the others later.

HVACservice said:
If we do nothing as you suggest and let the NFL walk all over us we will never get this B.S policy changed.

Until we do...your correct..."its all for not".

But hopefully next season "Negative Nancy`s" that choose to do nothing will have the option of watching a game, as opposed to posting on a message board during it about how we should simply accept it.

You can thank me and the others later.

Again, these circumstances have been faced before and the NFL didn't budge. There's nothing you can possibly do for this event that's any different than the last one.

enigmatics said:
Again, these circumstances have been faced before and the NFL didn't budge. There's nothing you can possibly do for this event that's any different than the last one.

agreed, what can you do, "Boycott the nfl"? That would hurt me more then it would hurt them.

Don't boycott the NFL, just boycott all charity. Since the NFL could have used this game to raise donations through commercials during the presentation, make your statement by mirroring the NFL: avoid trying to raise money for charitable causes, and never show concern for those that look up to you.

Fair?

Back
Top Bottom