MERGED: Vikes may be trying to move up. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Vikes may be trying to move up.

What the heck. Why wouldn't Minnesota just wait a few more days to see who the 49'rs will pick (the 9'rs will have a contract worked out ahead of time so everyone will know prior to the draft who they are taking). Then if SF intends to take Edwards then Minnesota should trade with them. However, if they go with Rodgers then Minny would be better off trading with us because the cost to sign the 2nd pick is less than the first. Plus, it looks like Rodgers will be signing for less than he could in order to guarantee he goes to SF which will have a waterfall effect on the other contracts in the top 10.

This is good news. I have the Vikes trading with the Phins in my mock draft. Maybe its not so far off :)

I can't see why they would trade up considering they have the hots big time for Williamson. Edwards or Williamson and #18?? I know which I would take.

If the Vikes are really offering this in the hopes of landing Edwards than we can forgot about the hope of trading down with Tampa and then making another trade down with the Vikes. The reason is that if both SF and Tampa go QB then I can't imagine Cleveland passing up a deal like this. They will trade with Minny and Minny will take Braylon there (Cleveland desperately wants to trade down.

Hence, it's either/or but not both. I would much rather trade down and get what Minny is offering to SF than what Tampa is offering us. Plus I still think Ronnie Brown will be there at #7. Here's why:
SF takes Rodgers
We trade with Minny - they take Edwards
Cleveland trades down to Tampa's spot - Tampa takes Smith
Chicago takes Mike Williams or Benson
Cleveland goes defense (they have Suggs, so I doubt they go RB) (Rolle?)
Tennessee has Chris Brown so they will not go RB - probably defense (Pac-Man?)
Miami - Ronnie Brown!! (or trade down again and go for guys like Merrimen etc.)

finsnchips said:
I can't see why they would trade up considering they have the hots big time for Williamson. Edwards or Williamson and #18?? I know which I would take.

Williamson is moving up the draft board but he is not considered nearly as sure fire a WR as Edwards. Williamson may or may not develop into a star receiver: Edwards is expected to be a consistent Pro Bowler (granted he may bust but the odds in many people's minds is that the probability is far less that he bust than Williamson).

Roman529 said:
It wouldn't surprise me as the Vikes need someone to replace Randy Moss (Braylon Edwards)....but I keep hearing the 49ers really want Rodgers as their QB...I guess they are going to be looking at a tough decision.

There's actually a good chance they would still get Rodgers if they made this trade with the Vikings - hard to see anyone else drafting him. I hope it doesn't happen. I said two months ago that the best case scenario for the Fins is for Rodgers to be taken #1 by the 49ers. Anything else, a trade or different player, really hinders the Dolphins in a trade. Braylon going #1 would increase Mike Williams stock, but one of the more likely teams to want Williams is Minnesota and they would have their guy.

ItalianDolFan said:
all these draft specials i watch....i never hear a thing about Aaron Rodgers, its always Alex Smith they talk about. I go around NFL.com, or forums and all u hear is "Alex Smith". IF Alex Smith is better, then why would San Fran choose Rodgers instead? (IMO, we should still pin our hopes on Matt Leinart next year).

I've heard Smith wants more money than Rogers.

fins1 said:
I've heard Smith wants more money than Rogers.

thats probably true, but funny. Alex Smith, the guy who said a few weeks ago "im anti-materialistic" in the NFL Pop Quiz is the one who wants the money

ItalianDolFan said:
thats probably true, but funny. Alex Smith, the guy who said a few weeks ago "im anti-materialistic" in the NFL Pop Quiz is the one who wants the money

But Miss Universe will use it to pay off the debts his family has (hope my family was solvent enough to owe people up to 5 or 6 million dollars).

ItalianDolFan said:

i think that it's more of a 'i don't wanna play for the niners' deal than a money deal. if he asks for a ridiculous contract, the niners may not take him.

SkapePhin said:
Why wouldnt the Vikes try to trade with us instead?

Obviously Minny thinks one WR is much better than the other and they don't want SF to take the one they want.

caneaddict said:
Williamson is moving up the draft board but he is not considered nearly as sure fire a WR as Edwards. Williamson may or may not develop into a star receiver: Edwards is expected to be a consistent Pro Bowler (granted he may bust but the odds in many people's minds is that the probability is far less that he bust than Williamson).
Edwards is rated higher than Williamson because he is a better WR. I don't think that you can draft people depending on whether they are going to bust or not.

If thats the case then Alex Smith wouldn't be a top 2 pick because he is a huge, huge risk. He played in a gimmick offense, and whilst he has good size on paper, he is very thin.

:roflmao:

Another wild @ss rumor that as far as I can tell has no basis in fact. PFT prints a rumor. Another no name site picks up on it. Pretty soon it is all over the net that it is a done deal that the Vikes are willing to give up both #1's to move up. It is truly the silly season.

MinnesotaMike said:
:roflmao:

Another wild @ss rumor that as far as I can tell has no basis in fact. PFT prints a rumor. Another no name site picks up on it. Pretty soon it is all over the net that it is a done deal that the Vikes are willing to give up both #1's to move up. It is truly the silly season.

PFT isn't the one reporting it! :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom