MERGED: Vikes may be trying to move up. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Vikes may be trying to move up.

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Vikes may be trying to move up.

This is from NFL Draft scout....by John Murpy....next level scouting;

The Vikes may be trying to move up to the top pick to acquire Braylon Edwards...the deal would likely be the Vikes give the 49ers their 7th and 18th picks plus their 49th and 80th....the 49ers would give the Vikes the 1st pick and their 65th pick. Stay tuned....it's going to get interesting.

It wouldn't surprise me as the Vikes need someone to replace Randy Moss (Braylon Edwards)....but I keep hearing the 49ers really want Rodgers as their QB...I guess they are going to be looking at a tough decision.

Roman529 said:
It wouldn't surprise me as the Vikes need someone to replace Randy Moss (Braylon Edwards)....but I keep hearing the 49ers really want Rodgers as their QB...I guess they are going to be looking at a tough decision.

Maybe their hoping that one of the QB's will fall...if not they have options at 7.

Why wouldnt the Vikes try to trade with us instead?

I dont know. From what Ive heard and have been reading, the Vikes seem real content with Troy Williamson who I think may do just as good as Edwards. Staying at 7 they may have a shot at both Williamson and Mike Williams depending on what the Bucs do and if anyone trades up.

fishypete said:
This is from NFL Draft scout....by John Murpy....next level scouting;

The Vikes may be trying to move up to the top pick to acquire Braylon Edwards...the deal would likely be the Vikes give the 49ers their 7th and 18th picks plus their 49th and 80th....the 49ers would give the Vikes the 1st pick and their 65th pick. Stay tuned....it's going to get interesting.

I hope we can beat SF to it.

I would think that if this deal takes place...it makes the Dolphins pick even more valuable. M. Williams would be a very wanted player...to add to at least one of the QB's.

SkapePhin said:
Why wouldnt the Vikes try to trade with us instead?

I would assume that having the number 1 pick takes all possible problems away and the cost between the 1st and 2nd pick isn't that much difference. The Vikes can afford it any way.

That would be amazing if SF traded the 1st pick overall to the Vikings. It makes Mike Williams that more valueable and also makes Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith available to us.

motioncityhifi said:
I dont know. From what Ive heard and have been reading, the Vikes seem real content with Troy Williamson who I think may do just as good as Edwards. Staying at 7 they may have a shot at both Williamson and Mike Williams depending on what the Bucs do and if anyone trades up.

Obviously things change....and with exact picks given....one has to believe it's more than a rumor....they had to come from someone.

I hope the Niners pick Rodgers, we make the trade with Tampa Bay, and that one of the receivers falls to us at number five, we could then trade with Minnesota and pick up even additional picks and probably still pick up a RB at 7 and have copius amounts of picks on the first day after that. That would be ideal if you ask me. Because really, if the draft goes

San Fran: Rodgers
Tampa Bay: Smith
Cleveland: Antrelle Rolle
Chicago: Benson
Minnesota: Edwards
Tennesee: Williams/caddy/Johnson/Brown
Miami: We would still have whoever Tennesee didn't pick in front of us left. Derrick Johnson, Caddy Williams, Ronnie Brown. We could get good value while picking up major picks.

Samphin said:
I hope the Niners pick Rodgers, we make the trade with Tampa Bay, and that one of the receivers falls to us at number five, we could then trade with Minnesota and pick up even additional picks and probably still pick up a RB at 7 and have copius amounts of picks on the first day after that. That would be ideal if you ask me. Because really, if the draft goes

Miami: We would still have whoever Tennesee didn't pick in front of us left. Derrick Johnson, Caddy Williams, Ronnie Brown. We could get good value while picking up major picks.
I don't see cleveland passing up on Braylon if the 2 qbs are taken. But you never know, it could happen.

I would hate that so much... we need San Fran to take Rodgers.

all these draft specials i watch....i never hear a thing about Aaron Rodgers, its always Alex Smith they talk about. I go around NFL.com, or forums and all u hear is "Alex Smith". IF Alex Smith is better, then why would San Fran choose Rodgers instead? (IMO, we should still pin our hopes on Matt Leinart next year)

But if we did make those trades and were placed at Number 7...San Fran takes Rodgers, Tampa takes Smith, Cleveland takes a receiver, Chicago takes a receiver, Minny takes a runningback, 6th team takes a RB, either one of the 3 big RB's will still be there for us. Im happy with Williams/Benson/Brown...either one is just as good as the other.

Samphin said:

Theres no way Cleveland takes Rolle at #2...... especially with Edwards on board.

Back
Top Bottom