MERGED: Wade Smith May Play Center | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Wade Smith May Play Center

DolphinDevil28 said:
I'm kind of hoping Rex Hadnot wins our center position.
Yeah me too, but I don't think Saban and Houck will pull him from his role as right guard :(

Yeah Nublar I agree, it is a situation where teh fins realize that the draft isnt deep enough to get immediate impact players on the o-line, considering none are worth teh number 2 overall and we dont have a second rd and there arent many immediate impact guys rated there either. The guys that can be immediate impact will go between 10 and 25. Trading down may be remote since market doesnt seem to be there, but if we do then maybe. Houck is also great and utilizing and putting guys where their talent is bets suited. It is a case that Houck could be looking at Smith and saying he doesnt have the feet for tackle but could be solid at C, since Guard is already solid. I like Hadnot as well, but it may be the case that they feel he did well at RG and dont want him to have to change again.

Wade Smith

I always liked this guy, through college and his rookie year. I was very pissed that he was benched last year, but I am glad Saban realized that he has an oustanding OL men on his roster in this guy. I really hope he plays center.
LT St. Clair
LG James
C Smith
RG Hadnot
RT Carey

84needs1000yds said:
I always liked this guy, through college and his rookie year. I was very pissed that he was benched last year, but I am glad Saban realized that he has an oustanding OL men on his roster in this guy. I really hope he plays center.
LT St. Clair
LG James
C Smith
RG Hadnot
RT Carey

i like that alot but id rather carey on the left and stocker mcdougle on the right

Smith was never good enough to play left tackle....and it seems the Dolphins have finally agreed by trying to move him to center....Carey is going to be tried at left tackle so I don't see him at right tackle since they acquired McDouggle. I fully expect the Dolphins will draft a left tackle...since it one of the bigger needs.

fishypete said:
Smith was never good enough to play left tackle....and it seems the Dolphins have finally agreed by trying to move him to center....Carey is going to be tried at left tackle so I don't see him at right tackle since they acquired McDouggle. I fully expect the Dolphins will draft a left tackle...since it one of the bigger needs.

i dont know if they can i thought i read that part of McIntosh's contract for him to agree to take vet minimum was that they will not draft or sign a free agent left tackle

burger13 said:
God I hope Houck knows what he's doing...................

He sure knew what he was doing when he threw in 2 rookie OL to start.

Stockar McDougle should be awsome, I actually forgot that we acquired him.
LT McDougle
LG James
C Smith/Hadnot
RG Carey (really like to see what this kid can do he was our first pick)
RT St. Clair

84needs1000yds said:
Stockar McDougle should be awsome, I actually forgot that we acquired him.
LT McDougle
LG James
C Smith/Hadnot
RG Carey (really like to see what this kid can do he was our first pick)
RT St. Clair

Yeah I agree Stockar McDougle should be awesome. He might actually be our best lineman. I really think he'll almost definitely be our RT though. And as for LT that'll be between McIntosh, Vernon Carey, and the rest of the world to compete for...

The thing about Hadnot is, he weighed 340 in training camp last year (so said George Paton). So 350 is not insanely overweight. But overweight nonetheless. He'll never play center for us IMO.

id rather see hadnot at guard, he played well there last year, and i like smith he did some good things for being undersized and thrown into the fire his rookie year, i think him at center is a good move

in my eyes, the center has to be extremely strong and extremely smart. and smith is neither of these. so i dunno.

Back
Top Bottom