MERGED-Wayne is truly doing everything the wrong way! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Wayne is truly doing everything the wrong way!

finregime

Who's Yo Daddy
Reaction score
You could have a masterming HC but a terrible cap and personnel guy all in one.Why are we leading the carriage ahead of the horse unless you are giving complete control to Mueller over personnel and cap which he is proven he can do but have they solidified he will have that control without us knowing it? In todays cap era you cannot have a inexperienced HC run it all or it will go in the ground and so will he.I think Cam Cameron with a good GM would be fantastic for us so why does Wayne insist on giving the keys to the kingdom to every HC he hires?On the other hand we are the second best job out there right now next to Pittsburgh so I think anyone would want this job but Im very concerned with the front office structure that will lead to implosion.

I totally agree. Wayne needs to get a proven GM in here to run the show or it won't matter who the coach is. Giving total control to the coach has been a disaster for Miami.

People are saying that we are one of the least attractive jobs out there because we still don't have a qb, we have a bunch of free agents, we are not in as good shape as far as the cap goes as Saban would have had us believe, our defense is solid, but old and we need to change the structure of our football operations, of which at this time no one knows what that is...

People are saying that we are one of the least attractive jobs out there because we still don't have a qb, we have a bunch of free agents, we are not in as good shape as far as the cap goes as Saban would have had us believe, our defense is solid, but old and we need to change the structure of our football operations, of which at this time no one knows what that is...
Oh no. Please, not people! Why are people saying this!!! No!!!!!!

'If you want me to do all the cooking at least let me buy the groceries"

agree with the premise of the post, we need a good head coach and a good general manager to get quality personnel to fit the coaches schemes. it has proven to be very difficult for one person to perform these duties at this level. i hope wayne h. really does have a plan in place for this affair and makes quality decisions

Wayne's "I Don't Care What It Costs" Quote

Does anyone else think that was a bad idea? To me it seems like it takes away all of the leverage in negotiations. Even IF he is willing to pay huge amounts for Saban's replacement, I don't think he should have announced it to the world, as now it gives the prospective coaches the upper hand instead of us. Think about it, you are contacted by Miami to be the new coach. You KNOW they are desperate for a new coach, so what do you do? You hold out for more money than you initially would have asked for, just because you know he said he didn't care what it costs. What's going to end up happening here is that he will end up paying a coach WAY more than he's worth. I'm not saying any of the interviewed prospects are bad coaches, because I'd be happy with any of them aside from Chan Gailey, but I just see whoever DOES get the job getting a contract that is WAY above his actual worth, just because they will hold out for a higher-than-normal deal knowing that Wayne will pay.

Also, it puts him/the organization in a bad position because now that the prospects think thy can get crazy money out of him they will price high and hold out, and if he really DOESN'T intend to "pay anything" the signing will take a lot longer because the coach will be holding out for more than Wayne wants to spend, and if he's not gonna spend that much, we now have a contract standstill preventing a coach from coming in and starting the process of building us back up.

I love Wayne, I think he's a great owner, and I like most of the rumored or confirmed prospects, but I just think that quote by Wayne has potential to cause us some uneeded headaches.

how the hell do you all know what he is doing?

until a decision is made none of you have any idea which direction he's leaning towards. Wayne said in his PC that they needed to find a middle ground between powers of a coach and a GM.

I'll remind all of you that Mueller is still here and we don't really know how involved he is. He may be right there alongside Weidmeier and Bailey in making the coach decision. We may be planning to keep him on for all any of us know.

It's been said Wayne is doing these interviews because an owner needs to be present to make them official. I think he's doing the round one thing. Getting a vibe for all of the candidates and making his own list. Then, they'll go back and re-interview those on that list and maybe Mueller would be involved.

I see this as more of Wayne gauging interest and making a master list of 2-3 guys for the next round from which they pick the HC.

'If you want me to do all the cooking at least let me buy the groceries"

I wholeheartedly agree. I understand the reasoning behind getting a good GM and letting that GM make the decisions on personnel, but how can a coach get the players he wants in order to fit his philosophies/scheme if there is a GM picking the players? I will not sit here and presume to know what goes on behind the scenes, but if the GM picks the players, issues arise. This happens. Who really has the authority?

I like that Wayne is taking the non-traditional route. There must be a good relationship between GM and coach, but the coach should ultimately have final say on players. This is difficult to achieve, but IMO, the best way to go....

i personally like mueller and would like him to have alot of control over personnel decisions.....get me a HC that can coach and aint scared

You could have a masterming HC but a terrible cap and personnel guy all in one.Why are we leading the carriage ahead of the horse unless you are giving complete control to Mueller over personnel and cap which he is proven he can do but have they solidified he will have that control without us knowing it? In todays cap era you cannot have a inexperienced HC run it all or it will go in the ground and so will he.I think Cam Cameron with a good GM would be fantastic for us so why does Wayne insist on giving the keys to the kingdom to every HC he hires?On the other hand we are the second best job out there right now next to Pittsburgh so I think anyone would want this job but Im very concerned with the front office structure that will lead to implosion.

2nd best job? To Pittsburgh? Number one: Pittsburgh's owner won't spend like Huizenga, Number 2: better weather and lifestyle Number 3: No state income taxes.

great...but look quick...the kitchen's ON FIRE!!!
good point,i believe you need an equal relationship,sombody to help the coach,like pioli and belicek.untraditional,it all depends on who were talking about,if we could get pioli then i would say he's our gm,or bill polian but these people do not grow on trees,then you take the other perspective,if you can get a great coach then you let him make the decisions,i don't believe cohwer had a traditional gm,
Its like saying your a republican or a democrat withoot knowing the issue at hand

Back
Top Bottom