merged: what can we give Washington/Sean Taylor? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged: what can we give Washington/Sean Taylor?

canesfins13 said:
Punk attitude???? You guys make me laugh, his attitude is much better than the public wife beater McMichael. Taylor might develop into one of the best safeties to play the game.

Thanks for saying so, I've saying the same about many players that finfans have been down upon, like Ricky...My thoughts are, if Saban can deal with this McMichael IDIOT who got into a fight with his PREGNANT wife - I could care less about the circumstances - then he can put up with Ricky, and many other characters that fill the ranks of the NFL. That is, this guys transgression is far greater then Ricky's from moral point of view and yet we hardly hear a peep about this clown yet fans are ready to stone Ricky to death.

And finfans jumped me when I said as much - making such ludicrous excuses like McMichael had to call the cops cuz his wife was hitting him. I believe that is what happened, and I still do not care. This guy made a HUGE public mess by having a house that was not too stable. That's enough for me.

Its just that the clear bias of fin fans around here is laughable. They want to stone a guy who has a DUI and has changed agents, and was told that his sub market (even as a rookie) contract would be re worked, yet god Saban signs and drafts players with wrap sheets and its ok, because god Saban can fix it. Beating a pregnant wife according to some fans is ok because she hit first, as long as the player plays for the fins its ok. All I ask for is a little objectivity from our fans.

PH2005032604422-1.jpg

What We've Got Here Is A Failure to Communicate

By Tony Kornheiser

Monday, May 23, 2005; Page D01

I wonder what Joe Gibbs is thinking when he can't get Sean Taylor to return his calls. I wonder if Gibbs is thinking, "Is this what I came back for?"

I wonder what Sean Taylor is thinking when he doesn't return Gibbs's calls. Maybe the message got garbled. Maybe Taylor thinks it's not really Joe Gibbs. Maybe he thinks it's "MTV Cribs." Or maybe he thinks it's Tony Roma's: Famous for Ribs. Or maybe Taylor never picks up his phone messages. Or maybe Taylor is just a dope.

I wonder what Gibbs is thinking when he hears Taylor's personal spokesman, Mr. Clinton Portis, say something like: "Sean has had the spotlight on him all year. Sean just needs to chill."

So Sean can't return phone calls from a Hall Of Fame coach?

Chilling means no calls?

"I'm sorry. Mr. Taylor is chilling now. Why don't you try back in the fall?"

I wonder how long I would last at this newspaper if I didn't return calls from Len Downie, the executive editor? Whaddya think, five minutes?

How well would it go over if I had Wilbon explain, "Everybody wants something from Tony right now, and he just needs to chill."?

I wonder if Gibbs ever thinks to himself, "Do I really need these Miami guys?"

The last time I looked, if the guy's your boss, you return his call.

You don't blow him off like a telemarketer. Personally, I don't know about this "spotlight" on Sean Taylor thing. I'm not that familiar with what Sean Taylor looks like, because most of the time I see him he's wearing a football helmet. I don't think Sean Taylor has anywhere near the "spotlight factor" in Washington as, say, Ted Kennedy. Me, I couldn't tell Sean Taylor from Elizabeth Taylor, especially if both of them had on white diamond earrings. I think it's possible Sean Taylor overrates his importance to our lives.

But I wonder about the University of Miami players -- the guys from the place they proudly call "the U." They don't seem to be happy where they are. Portis was terribly unhappy with Gibbs's offense last season. Taylor is unhappy here now. Edgerrin James is threatening not to report to the Colts. Jeremy Shockey wasn't happy working out in New York with the Giants, the team that pays him. So he left and went back to Miami to work out with "the U" guys. Look at Kellen Winslow Jr., a U guy who so famously said he'd make the Redskins regret not drafting him. Winslow's contract specifically forbids him from riding a motorcycle. But he rode one anyway, wrecked it, and now he's out for the whole season.

The U guys are an island unto themselves. They appear to value each other more than they value the teams they play for. They play very well on Sundays. But they don't appear to be particularly responsive to their teams on other days. It's almost like U guys enjoy getting into scrapes with management. It's almost like a contest to see if they can force the teams into subservience and publicly punk them. I wonder how long it'll take Santana Moss to find something wrong here.

You can't talk about players from the U without mentioning Drew Rosenhaus, who's the agent for many of them (and famous wannabe holdout Terrell Owens). Rosenhaus seems to believe that no contract signed before he got there has any validity -- and that any contract signed with him can be renegotiated upward at any time, like, say, this afternoon at 4.

It's not just U guys, of course. There's a lot of runaway egomaniacal posing and flexing going on in all sports by lots of players. Look at Barry Bonds, unassailably one of the greatest players in the history of baseball. Nobody should question Bonds's right to his own doctor. (Though one might question the results so far of these operations with Dr. Ting.) But I've heard that Bonds has so little communication with the San Francisco Giants that they, too, like reporters, have to learn of Bonds's condition by reading his Web site. It makes you wonder how awful Bonds's life must have been before the Internet, when he actually had to talk to someone.

I wonder when it became unfashionable to be like Grant Hill, and just play the game and not call attention to yourself after every basket by pointing upwards. (I'm never sure if they're acknowledging a supreme being or their agent in a luxury suite.) I wonder if we'll ever see a Reggie Miller again, a great player with loyalty to the franchise and the city that treated him well? Other than great quarterbacks, it's now rare when someone stays with one team for his whole career. Maybe Allen Iverson will with the Sixers. Maybe Derek Jeter will with the Yankees.

there's a little more at; http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/22/AR2005052200928.html?sub=AR

sean taylor is a stud and i would love to see him in a dolphins uniform and put right next to louis in my sig

canesfins13 said:
Its just that the clear bias of fin fans around here is laughable. They want to stone a guy who has a DUI and has changed agents, and was told that his sub market (even as a rookie) contract would be re worked, yet god Saban signs and drafts players with wrap sheets and its ok, because god Saban can fix it. Beating a pregnant wife according to some fans is ok because she hit first, as long as the player plays for the fins its ok. All I ask for is a little objectivity from our fans.

I guess we know who Mr.Negativity is. :rolleyes:

PhinDude88 said:
I guess we know who Mr.Negativity is. :rolleyes:

No, just Mr. objectivity who has the view that Saban is not god and has a lot to prove before I can consider him one of the best in the game.

taylor is a cool dude...if you all knew him you would think he's just like the rest

kingfin said:
Ricky for Taylor could of worked.Any thoughts guys.

If Ricky comes back, we'd be lucky to get a 5th round pick for him. No team is going to give up much for a guy who is failed drug test away from a year's suspension, and is already going to miss 1/4 of this season.

canesfins13 said:

Biasness? You're defending Taylor, I'm sure that has a lot to do with being a Cane fan. Beating his wife? Yeah, let's exaggerate why don't we. He pushed her away because she was the one beating him. What's he suppose to do, take the beating? Get real.

Back to the topic. I'd love to have Taylor but it isn't going to happen.

byroan said:
Biasness? You're the one saying S.Taylor has a great attitude. Beating his wife? Yeah, let's exaggerate why don't we. He pushed her away because she was the one beating him. What's he suppose to do, take the beating? Get real.

How about walk away. There is no excuse for pushing or hitting a pregnant woman, none. Maybe you need an attitude adjustment if you think it is ok.

And nowhere did I say that Taylor is a golden boy, I just think that critisizing him for really doing nothing "morally" incorrect, and for his minor transgressions is inappropriate, especially when there is much worse examples on our own team.

canesfins13 said:
How about walk away. There is no excuse for pushing or hitting a pregnant woman, none. Maybe you need an attitude adjustment if you think it is ok.

Easy to say walk away when you weren't there. Attitude adjustment? What does that have to do with anything? He wasn't even charged with anything so your arguement is weak.

I'll give them any player that they want except for Chris Chambers, Ronnie Brown, Anthony Alabi, and Channing Crowder.

Shawn Taylor.

Man o man.

As long as Greg Jones isn't cracking him, he's gonna make the league forget about Ed Reed.

Back
Top Bottom