[MERGED] What does Zack's release mean to JT | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] What does Zack's release mean to JT

I think JT will get traded, and in all honesty trading him to lions a team who wants a premier defensive player for there number 1 reciever would not be a bad idea.....

Now it looks like a JT trade is more believeable. Looks like the FO wants to rebuild from ground up, so they'll be listening to all offers. If they get a good deal, then I can see JT gone.

I think we'll be big players in the Briggs or Dansby bidding war. If and only if we get one of them will we let JT go through a trade. If that happens you can write off Chris Long. Chris Long becomes a serious option only if we trade JT and are unsuccessful in getting Briggs or Dansby
Dansby will be tagged, if he hasn't been already. Briggs might be the product of the Chicago defense and playing along side Urlacher. I wouldn't get into a bidding war for him.

I think Chris Long is as close to a "lock" as you can get at this point. He is the one player at the very top of the draft that fits our system like a glove IMO.

Jason Taylor for Roy Williams? hmm? Joey Porter would then move over to ROLB to fill JT's shoes as it was the position that Porter flourished in when he won the SB with PITT. Hmm?

I'm just going to miss Zach Thomas. He was always an on-field leader and played for the love of the game. Good luck ZT.

Trade JT to a top team that isn't the Patriots. He can get a chance to win, and we can get a decent pick. Trade that pick to the Lions for Roy Williams.

We'll draft Long to replace the DE, Porter can play JT's position, and we'll have one of the better WR corps in the league. All without getting rid of any of the picks we have right now. I'm all for something like that.

With Suggs and Allen getting franchised and/or re-signed, JT will be the top DE available

And that's exactly why we need to trade him while we can get top dollar. It's not like we're headed to the playoffs in the near future. Although he would fit very well as an OLB in our new system...

I would hope that you'd have to be drunk to think that Cameron was doing such a good job that a revolt wasn't in order. :shakeno::shakeno::shakeno:

Uh, a rveolt, in any capacity, is never in order. We're talking about a team supposedly deep with veteran leadership that started ripping our front office and head coach before we even took the football field. They knew they were going to be steps taken last year that would point towads rebuilding, and they opposed it not only with their comments in the media, but giving the fans 1-15 football to watch. Regardless of Cameron as a HC, or Mueller as a GM, they were coordinating on moves to benefit the Dolphins future, not to bow down to a bunch of players that have accomplished absolutely zero since their time here, but feel entitled to run the roost, anyway.

If JT also leaves, I think the Dolphins would have to take Chris Long, DE, Virginia with the first overall pick....JT and Long's salaries would pretty much be a wash. I think if this is the case then we should try to call around and see if we can get a nice pick for JT....I don't think we could get a first for JT but I think we could definitely get a 2nd. It's time to reload guys. We can go from a very old team to a young team, and if we can stockpile picks we can rebuild quickly. :woot:

I agree, I think Chris Long will be the pick if JT is gone. JT still has a few good years left, which will drive up our asking price, but in my opinion he doesnt have enough good years left to justify keeping him around when we can get some value for him now. We wont be good for 3 or 4 years anyway, and he probably doesnt have that many years left of high quality production.

I agree, I think Chris Long will be the pick if JT is gone. JT still has a few good years left, which will drive up our asking price, but in my opinion he doesnt have enough good years left to justify keeping him around when we can get some value for him now. We wont be good for 3 or 4 years anyway, and he probably doesnt have that many years left of high quality production.

It could be a number of players...including C. Campbell who has the height and weight Parcells loves.

so let the trades begin.we can all see what is going down ,next u will prob see a jt trade or perhaps a draft pick trade and i say lets get the show on the road.one things for sure we will not be a team that will sit back during free agency.its our turn in the sun

I think Tunaland feels they can put a warm body in their D and saving the money by releasing ZT now, gives them even more ammo for FA, but JT is another story. At this point in time, with this D, you can't just plug in a warm body in his spot and expect any good results. Crowder may even end up in Zach's role. Zach, as we all know is not a Parcells type MLB and he has the concussion history (see Trent Green) and age. Taylor is arguably playing at a higher level at OE than ZT is at MLB for us right now... The one thing that could change things would be when/if they pick up a FA DE that could serve as that 'warm body' to replace Taylor...

To be honest, while Zach Thomas is gone...I think its for the better for him. I think that he really needs to take a long hard look at his problem with concussions and other head injuries. The guy could be a pretty good linebacker coach someday if he doesn't keep scrambling his brains. If the guy was 24 and had some concussions, sure keep on playing but he is getting close to the end of his career anyway(he'd have several more years if he didn't have issues with his melon). I don't think getting rid of JT for something cheap would be a good move. Maybe shop him but that would just add a big hole to the defense. You can't always rely on a draft pick to step right in.

We should look to trade Jason, we're a rebuilding team and need all of the draft picks that we can get. But I can say one thing, JT won't be happy about this and I'm sure if he makes a big deal about it he might be the next out the door.

He is known for speaking his mind.
ANd im glad to see that im not the only one who thinks that we should trade him.
I liek zach more than JT...really.

Back
Top Bottom