[MERGED] What does Zack's release mean to JT | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] What does Zack's release mean to JT

I think he will be here he is a great Player if we play the 4-3 he can play DE if we Play the 3-4 he can Play Outside LB the only way i see him going is if he wants to just because Zach is gone

I think it absolutely means that he's gone...the FO has shown that for better or worse, they have zero sentiment for any given player's history with the team. And if you're not going to keep JT because he's JT, then why keep him? By the time we're contending we're in a position where he's overpaid for his age and we have to release him. Might as well get what you can for him. I agree with whoever said that they liked Zach better because I did, too. And if they can give him the boot, (not saying it was the wrong decision) then they might as well say goodbye to JT, too. And if that happens, sign me up for the draft Chris Long bandwagon...it'd be great if we could trade down a couple slots to do it, though.

It could be a number of players...including C. Campbell who has the height and weight Parcells loves.

You are correct, I believe depending on his combine numbers C. Campbell will be the 2nd-4th DE/OLB off the board.

Maybe mid 1st thru early 2nd...

What does Zack's release mean to JT

So what do you think gang?

Does this mean they would be looking at dumping JT as well?

No, this just means he won't be playing next to his brother-in-law anymore and things won't be running in their family. Basically, it's not a family affair anymore.

Parcells is not the Head Coach or the Defenisive Coord. So it is not Parcells's 3-4. The COACHES have already stated that they are undecided about running a 3-4 or 4-3. When will not more after ***ency and the Draft.

BELIEVE ME IF WE HAD ANY SHOT AT PLAYING A 4-3 THEN ZACH WOULD STILL BE ON THIS TEAM.
If they where undecided before then the decision has been made.
We are a 3-4 defense.

And I know Parcells is not the HC he is the HC boss and trust me when I say his Parcells will oull the stings at the end of the day. His rep is on the line.

As many have come to understand... our offseason (draft and FA) is not about one player. To me, this mentality will probably follow us into our drafting stategy.

I have to believe our top priority in the draft is trading away the #1. If we can parlay that into 2 or 3 top round picks, we would be better served.

Trading away JT only to replace him with the #1 is making ZERO progress. You're putting all your eggs into one basket. You have to 'hit' on the pick else you have added another year to your rebuild. Not too mention, that pick becomes the 'grade' for your entire draft. Regardless how well you do in other rounds, your draft is forever tarnished with the failure of finding JT's replacement. It will be the defining pick of the new regime.

Remember the Ted Ginn, Jr. pick?

Parcells is not the kind of man to put all of his eggs into one basket and hitch the franchise to one pick. The thing with Parcells' draft strategy is he rarely covets making the "elite" pick. And while it's not "exciting" for the fans to watch... and while we'll rarely see that "BIG" tantalizing pick or move up... what you will see is that Parcells hits more than he misses. And, down the line, you suddenly see a wealth of talent stock piled in his ranks.

He doesn't make glamour picks. He makes picks that choose "football" guys. We may not know most of the names, but some day they'll be good/great players in their own way. Each contributors.

Many Dolphin fans (like others) cling to the glamor of the #1 pick and think of all the great names we could draft...

Frankly, I see a team with $50M under the cap, the #1 pick, an additional 2nd pick, trade bait with JT, no definitive franchise QB, 2 lines depleted and void of major talent and a boss who simplies signs the checks.

We will build from the ground up and do it relatively cheaply. There'll be no prolific names on this roster with the exception of Brown and Williams (for the past and the good/bad press). But, even they'll be expected to simply bring the lunch bucket and ignore the reporters.

If you think about it, with (after JT's trade) over $50M to work with, I can see us coming out of draft day minus JT, 10 - 11 draft picks (4 or 5 in the first 2 rounds) and a possibly carryover pick into next year. With JT and the #1 as trading pieces and a plethora of talent to choose from with (nearly) unlimited cap space to work with...

Parcells' is about to do the dirty work we've needed done for over a decade. BUILD from the ground up.

Now, we've just got to find a trading partner.

Anyone know Jerry Jones' number?

hmmmm scenario, maybe ZT wants to play near home? Maybe he goes to Houston then maybe JT requests to be traded to Houston. We get the texans #2 or #3 for JT not bad.

But I also think ZT could land in Denver same scenario JT could request a trade and Denver could use both. JT would have a career year in Houston though IMO

we probably get something like a 3'rd straight up, or a 4'th and a 5'th if anyone wants to pick up his contract.

with his age and his contract, it is not likely we get very much in return for him. he's still a great great defensive end though so you never know, could get lucky and get a 2'nd.

It means that when another team trades enough compensation according to Parcells for JT he's gone (He'll probably get the OK from JT first). Porter I am sure is in the same boat but his contract will prevent him from being traded.

As many have come to understand... our offseason (draft and FA) is not about one player. To me, this mentality will probably follow us into our drafting stategy.

I have to believe our top priority in the draft is trading away the #1. If we can parlay that into 2 or 3 top round picks, we would be better served.

Trading away JT only to replace him with the #1 is making ZERO progress. You're putting all your eggs into one basket. You have to 'hit' on the pick else you have added another year to your rebuild. Not too mention, that pick becomes the 'grade' for your entire draft. Regardless how well you do in other rounds, your draft is forever tarnished with the failure of finding JT's replacement. It will be the defining pick of the new regime.

Remember the Ted Ginn, Jr. pick?

Parcells is not the kind of man to put all of his eggs into one basket and hitch the franchise to one pick. The thing with Parcells' draft strategy is he rarely covets making the "elite" pick. And while it's not "exciting" for the fans to watch... and while we'll rarely see that "BIG" tantalizing pick or move up... what you will see is that Parcells hits more than he misses. And, down the line, you suddenly see a wealth of talent stock piled in his ranks.

He doesn't make glamour picks. He makes picks that choose "football" guys. We may not know most of the names, but some day they'll be good/great players in their own way. Each contributors.

Many Dolphin fans (like others) cling to the glamor of the #1 pick and think of all the great names we could draft...

Frankly, I see a team with $50M under the cap, the #1 pick, an additional 2nd pick, trade bait with JT, no definitive franchise QB, 2 lines depleted and void of major talent and a boss who simplies signs the checks.

We will build from the ground up and do it relatively cheaply. There'll be no prolific names on this roster with the exception of Brown and Williams (for the past and the good/bad press). But, even they'll be expected to simply bring the lunch bucket and ignore the reporters.

If you think about it, with (after JT's trade) over $50M to work with, I can see us coming out of draft day minus JT, 10 - 11 draft picks (4 or 5 in the first 2 rounds) and a possibly carryover pick into next year. With JT and the #1 as trading pieces and a plethora of talent to choose from with (nearly) unlimited cap space to work with...

Parcells' is about to do the dirty work we've needed done for over a decade. BUILD from the ground up.

Now, we've just got to find a trading partner.

Anyone know Jerry Jones' number?

If you want to get nasty, take dallas 2 top picks and barber for our #1 and a late pick if need be. Then ship off brown for a #2 and late pick since brown will be aged by the time we make a run. Then we have 2 firsts 3 seconds and a third. Huge rebuilding day for Miami actually if they get a 2 or 3 for JT that would be 7 first day picks and we would have the money to sign them.

Jason Taylor will retire as a Dolphin.

Mark my words.

Jason isn't going anywhere. He is the face of the Dolphins. He is our ONE franchise player.

There is no doubt in my mind that anarchy would come alive in the streets of Miami if JT were to go somewhere else.

Make no mistake about it... I'm sure they informed JT before the ZT move... Anything that happens from this point forward will be JT's decision. He has value in a trade but I think this regime would be happy to sit on him as well... I don't think Parcell's and company is concerned either way. it is win-win for them, so it will be up to JT to decide if he wants to stick it out.

This sucks. I know we need to make changes after what has been happening the last few years but I just can't stand to see us dump what few talented players we have on the team. I'm worried that even with a boat load of cash for FA signings they may not want to play for a team that just went 1-15. It's not always about the money.

Back
Top Bottom