[MERGED] What does Zack's release mean to JT | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] What does Zack's release mean to JT

We should look to trade Jason, we're a rebuilding team and need all of the draft picks that we can get. But I can say one thing, JT won't be happy about this and I'm sure if he makes a big deal about it he might be the next out the door.

I'm pretty sure JT knew of this, and Parcells, Thomas and Taylor were talking of everything. they all are respected men in the NFL. i doubt, this was something that came out of the blue. Taylor still has it going!!! hopefully he stays.

Could Taylor Be Next To Go ?

No on knows for sure what the 2008 team will be like. Most likely this team is not going to win a championship in '08 with JT on the roster. Trading him now would be best and ideal. He is going to be 33 this coming sept i believe. If you can get a 2nd rd pick for Chris Chambers u certainly can get a 2nd rd pick for Taylor. As sad as it was to see Zach go the time is right ro gut this team and move on. With a new regime here its time to start fresh. If you move taylor that would be more money under the cap for sure and you could add on another draft pick. The ideal here is to get as many picks as u can so u can build this team up thru the draft and i believe that is what tuna and co. are trying to do.

No on knows for sure what the 2008 team will be like. Most likely this team is not going to win a championship in '08 with JT on the roster. Trading him now would be best and ideal. He is going to be 33 this coming sept i believe. If you can get a 2nd rd pick for Chris Chambers u certainly can get a 2nd rd pick for Taylor. As sad as it was to see Zach go the time is right ro gut this team and move on. With a new regime here its time to start fresh. If you move taylor that would be more money under the cap for sure and you could add on another draft pick. The ideal here is to get as many picks as u can so u can build this team up thru the draft and i believe that is what tuna and co. are trying to do.
You might be right but I hope your wrong. If we could get a early 2nd round pick for JT I would have to say BP would take it. I love JT but, ZT is gone... enough said.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again... JT isn't going anywhere.

hopefully he doesnt go anywhere...but u never know with the tuna, he may want more draft picks

I hope he doesn't leave,but with Zach now gone,who knows....and if he does get cut or even traded,i believe we can get a 2nd rd pick for him.

After cutting Zach, whether we keep JT or not doesnt really matter. If this is the kind of organization we're going to be then we might as well get what we can for him and ship him out.

No. Taylor is going no where. BP has already stated that he planned on keeping/building the team around JT when he first took the job.

Jason Taylor might want to leave, but why make the team worse than last year? I shocked that they didn't trade zach, for a sixth round pick, I guessed they thought that zach would be upset about being released.

We should look to trade Jason, we're a rebuilding team and need all of the draft picks that we can get. But I can say one thing, JT won't be happy about this and I'm sure if he makes a big deal about it he might be the next out the door.

Thats crazy man,,,They let ZT go cuzzz of his health.What since would it make to risk ZT for the rest of his life when we all know he may have only a handful of games in him.

BTW~ Did you see Jason play last year at all??? Daunte Culpeper could beat him in a race hands down.Other teams are not going to give up much for a OLB/DE that can't run down old beat up QB's anymore.

And why on earth do you think JT would after all this time start to be a punk, lol..........crazy

Let's not forget the contract situations. Zach is not Parland's prototypical tall, fast, athletic player, so there was no reason to keep him around. His salary meant nobody was going to trade for him either. The cap number and concusion history were good PR reasons to offload him, so that was an easy move for Parland to make, and honestly, it was made before they filled out the staff it was so easy. Now if he was going to work for a tiny salary, they may have let him hang on another year, but no more.

JT's exactly the type of OLB Parland wants in their 3-4. (Don't believe the disinformation campaign by the Dolphins, we'll be rebuilding in a 3-4 not a 4-3). But, unfortunately, JT is going to be expensive and well past his prime when we're a good team again, so if they can get a 2nd rounder for him, I'm fairly confident they'll jump at that opportunity.

On the flip side, not a lot of contender teams can afford to fit JT's salary under their caps, and a non-contender wouldn't even be interested, so we're highly doubtful to get a late 1st rounder for him. And, fans don't like rebuilding, especially after this past disappointing season. So, the front office may keep JT to prevent taking a huge hit in attendance for the next 2 seasons. It's not going to stop the atrition, but it would certainly slow it down until we can achieve respectability.

I think Parland is sincere when they say they want JT on the team, because they cannot fix every position in one season, and he's a great player. But, if they get a good offer, I'd expect them to pull the trigger on a trade.

Channing Crowder isn't likely to stay with the Dolphins much longer either ... he makes no impact plays--no fumbles forced, no interceptions, no sacks/hurries, etc. So I think our 3-4 is going to be looking for 2 new starting ILB's, as well as an OLB. Expect us to draft 1 or 2 LB's and probably add 2 new LB's in free agency.

-Digital

JT may have ask to be traded. He probably wants a chance to win now and has even said as much. JT did all but ask for a trade last year with some of his remarks and his dropoff in play IMO.

i want him to stay for sure - even if it is because of his leadership for the younger players we will have in abundance pretty soon. but i would not at all be surprised to see him ask for a trade now that zach is gone to go to an immediate contender. as i said before, these decisions should be left up to the players that have carried this franchise for so long. keeping them would not at all hurt us - these are fine players to rebuild around even if they don't play many more seasons. our cap is fine. eh.

Back
Top Bottom