Merged: what is the first day of training camp??? / Camp OPEN to public | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: what is the first day of training camp??? / Camp OPEN to public

finfromthenorth

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
what is the first day of training camp???

What day does training camp officially open. I am going to Florida on July 4-11 and was wondering if anyone has any info for me. Can you go watch camp or are they having any inter team games?? Thanks for the help.

Not open to the public. At first I thought, "what kind crap is that?" But if you think about it, that's a great idea. If no one hardly knows what we're doing in practice, other teams will really have no idea what kind of plays we're gonna throw out at them in the games. Hopefully we can snatch up a few wins early just purely on the fact that teams don't know what to expect.

I think that will be a normal Saban routine and I'm not sure how many NFL came to watch the fins practice so they could pick up something, so I don't think it will translate to wins directly related to teams naivety because they were barred from TC.

July 24th is the first day of camp...and YES it is open to the public.

7/24 but im not to sure about it being open to the public, but i dont think that saban would want it open to the public.

albyfinfan said:
7/24 but im not to sure about it being open to the public, but i dont think that saban would want it open to the public.
It is open to the public. name a team that would close TC to the public. It would p1ss fans off, and also shuts down a source of income for them and surrounding businesses (refreshments, parking, merchandise, etc.).

Schleprock said:
It is open to the public. name a team that would close TC to the public. It would p1ss fans off, and also shuts down a source of income for them and surrounding businesses (refreshments, parking, merchandise, etc.).
I really think it's closed to the public, some people made a big deal about mini-camp a few weeks ago being the only chance to see the dolphins play.

bigmiamifan said:
I think that will be a normal Saban routine and I'm not sure how many NFL came to watch the fins practice so they could pick up something, so I don't think it will translate to wins directly related to teams naivety because they were barred from TC.

I don't think NFL teams send spies to other camps, but the less you can see and read about in papers or tv, will provide everyone with less info on what you will most likely do come kickoff time.

Schleprock said:

IT ALREADY HAPPENED! SABAN ANNONCED THAT AS ASOON AS HE GOT IN HERE.

Also, there will not be any scrimmages with other teams.

Saban is running this place like Area 51.

So are you telling me that TC will be closed to public every day? Or is it just the first day?

BringBackShula said:
I don't think NFL teams send spies to other camps, but the less you can see and read about in papers or tv, will provide everyone with less info on what you will most likely do come kickoff time.

That just happened either last year or the year before at Cowboys camp.

PhinDude88 said:
So are you telling me that TC will be closed to public every day? Or is it just the first day?

Yes. Supposedly there will be NO training camps open to the public. At all. Maybe they'll have just one weekend for the fans. WHo knows. But for now, there is NO training camp open to public.

BringBackShula said:
Yes. Supposedly there will be NO training camps open to the public. At all. Maybe they'll have just one weekend for the fans. WHo knows. But for now, there is NO training camp open to public.

Man that sucks. I do hope that Saban will let it be open for a few weeks.

entertainment wise for us fans, it kinda sucks. But I'll be okay with no training camps if it helps Saban and company run a more efficient practice out there. THe main reason is to get work done and perfect the game and get better, not to please us jerkies who can't get enough Fins. It sucks, but it's the way it should be done. TIghten it up, coach.

Back
Top Bottom