Merged:What Saban thinks of Feeley/Signals from Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:What Saban thinks of Feeley/Signals from Saban

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
What Saban thinks of Feeley

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...lug=cnnsi-changesinminne&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

New Dolphins head coach Nick Saban is a no-nonsense, all-business kind of guy, but he did provide our favorite moment of the week at the NFL's annual meeting with a rather telling slip of the tongue.

Asked if he was committed to A.J. Feeley as his starting quarterback in light of signing veteran backup Gus Frerotte, Saban launched into a less than impassioned defense of Feeley.

"Well, we don't really have a depth chart right now," Saban said. "We've never coached these guys. We've never been on the field. Everybody wants to know who the starting this is and the starting that is. I mean, basically we're going to give Jay Fielder every opportunity to be our quarterback. That's all I ever said about that. And we want to work very hard to develop him."

Which is going to be difficult, given that Fiedler, the Dolphins starter for most of the past five seasons, signed as a backup with the Jets earlier this month.

Uh oh, either Saban's turning into Wanny or he thinks Feeley is Fiedler. Both bad. :D

Saban also said that Feeley "needs to be responsible for his own self-determination" in the QB competition with Frerotte. That signals to me that Saban may believe that Feeley isn't real high in the intangibles associated with the QB position, and that he may be targeting Alex Smith in the draft.

He also started chasing down Ricky REAL hard after Smith's workout, so he may be trying to improve the RB position with Ricky so we don't have to draft Ronnie Brown.

In other words, he may not feel real good about Feeley....

Signals from Saban

Everybody's speculating about the draft. Here are the signals I'm reading from Saban:

1) The signing of Gus Frerotte -- this says he isn't totally sold on Feeley.

2) The re-signing of Sage Rosenfels -- says the same thing.

3) Saban's quote that Feeley "needs to be responsible for his own self-determination" in the QB competition with Frerotte. Says to me that Saban may believe Feeley is low in the intangibles associated with the QB position, which has been speculated here before.

4) Saban being more "public" (uncharacteristic for Saban) in his hunt for Ricky Williams just after attending Alex Smith's workout -- says to me that he may be trying to secure the RB position with Ricky so we don't have to draft a RB #1.

All in all I think these things say he was very impressed by Alex Smith. So impressed that I think he's doing what he has to do to be able to draft him. If Ricky isn't interested in playing, don't be surprised to see a trade for Travis Henry soon.

I wouldnt say signing Sage points to him eyeing a QB. Obviously the signing doesnt mean he won't take one, but I think signing Sage was just a precautionary thing just in case he decides not to take a QB in the draft or the right one isn't there.

We dont know Saban well enough to read him yet.Hes given off so many different signals it`d take a mindreader to even come close to what hes thinking.

why is sage still on this team?

he doesnt have it...

draft a new clipboard holder

:roflmao: :D Hilarious

I think he was angry and frustrated that everyone kept asking him the same questions over and over and just blew a little steam off :fire:

he kind of impressed me with his touch passes in the game he played this year just dropping the ball right into the bread basket, looked like he had a better touch than feeley. im just not sure he would survive a season twith our o-line

Feeley is not our guy.Panic in the pocket.Dont tell me the O-line.Look at David Carr he never painics in the pocket in his rookie year.Carr got sacked the most ever by a QB. Now look at him he is a star .When Feeley gets sack he panics.Not a good thing.

Dolfan2788 said:
:roflmao: :D Hilarious

I think he was angry and frustrated that everyone kept asking him the same questions over and over and just blew a little steam off :fire:
Yup

Slappy8800 said:
sage knows the system and is cheap

how can he still know the system ? forgot ? new OC, New Coach, New Regime, the only guy who knows the system is frerotte

shouright said:
Everybody's speculating about the draft. Here are the signals I'm reading from Saban:

1) The signing of Gus Frerotte -- this says he isn't totally sold on Feeley.

2) The re-signing of Sage Rosenfels -- says the same thing.

3) Saban's quote that Feeley "needs to be responsible for his own self-determination" in the QB competition with Frerotte. Says to me that Saban may believe Feeley is low in the intangibles associated with the QB position, which has been speculated here before.

4) Saban being more "public" (uncharacteristic for Saban) in his hunt for Ricky Williams just after attending Alex Smith's workout -- says to me that he may be trying to secure the RB position with Ricky so we don't have to draft a RB #1.

All in all I think these things say he was very impressed by Alex Smith. So impressed that I think he's doing what he has to do to be able to draft him. If Ricky isn't interested in playing, don't be surprised to see a trade for Travis Henry soon.

this may be true.....but it could also be that nick is holding a two and a seven offsuit and is bluffing cleveland and other teams into thinking hes going to put all his chips in the middle of the table and take a qb when he isn't....nick is just waiting to see what the flop is going to be before he decides how much to bet!!!!:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom