Merged:What Saban thinks of Feeley/Signals from Saban | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:What Saban thinks of Feeley/Signals from Saban

Best post in this thread..................

SkapePhin said:
People, Saban is UNREADABLE.. Everyone just applies what they WANT to hear to every statement he makes.. In reality, Not a single one of us knows what the heck he is thinking or what his true intentions are.. One could just as easily look at those statements and see that he is adding competition to make Feeley the best that he can be.. This is a fair competition mind you, not the farce that went on last offseason.

Celtkin said:
If Gus beats out Feeley in TC and we haven't drafted a QB this year, that decision may very well come back to bite us in the rump.

This is my great fear. That Saban builds a good team that never quite gets there b/c the QB position continues to be a series of misses. While we watch the QB we passed on (Smith and/or Rodgers) become elite QBs.

rafael said:
This is my great fear. That Saban builds a good team that never quite gets there b/c the QB position continues to be a series of misses. While we watch the QB we passed on (Smith and/or Rodgers) become elite QBs.

That's my biggest fear. We pass on Smith or Rodgers and they come back and slaughter us and put up big numbers throughout their careers.

rafael said:

Exactly, it would be harder for me to bear watching these two QB's succeed elsewhere than it would be to draft one to Miami and have him flop, at least we would be trying to find the right guy.

I'm just tired of the team trying to make chicken salad out of chicken @#$% at the QB position.

I personally like the chances of both of these QB's.

I love this debate, everyone has THEE answer yet everybodys opinion is different. Noone and I mean NOONE addresses valid points made by others, just restate their opinion as if that solves it.

Smith starting, doubt it, but could if he shows the maturity. I am not sold, yes reports say his workout was great but Kb posted an reference that a couple NFC scouts didnt like his outs after they went back and reviewed teh tapes. This is what scares me about him, if his outs have float defenses will pick him apart no matter how smart he is.

The thing that gets me hot and bothered is this notion that the "hugger" read what they want into Saban comments yet the "haters" are factually interpreting what Saban said. You use comments but not the circumstances for which they were made. Like the "self determination" comment. Saban didnt offer it up, he was asked a question and he responded. With Marino there was never a question as to him starting, he never "competed for teh job, so stupid comparison. I repeat Saban was asked if it was unfair to have an equal competition since Frerrotte was familiar with the offense, Saban said it was up to AJ to learn it. Saban has said teh best qb will play, so if AJ cannot get up to speed, how can he be the best? Saban has said numerous times this week that they will work very hard to develop AJ to be behind him, to do what ity takes, but Aj has to take it upon himslef to do what it takes, noone can do it for him.

I admit I may have read too much into Saban earlier comments before Frerrotte was signed. I still have reservations about whether it is a true open competition, but it is my feeling not based on fact but how I PERSONNALLY read what Saban has said. So there is an equal chance I am wrong. So be it. I am not against teh competition. I am not against getting a qb at #2, even Smith even tho I have reservations. I just love how everyone KNOWS AJ cant succeed, yet know Smith and Rogers WILL succeed.

Please stop with the "I am objective you are blinded" attitude, that isnt the case any more than the supporters are completely objective. Opinions by nature are subjective.

BlueFin said:
Exactly, it would be harder for me to bear watching these two QB's succeed elsewhere than it would be to draft one to Miami and have him flop, at least we would be trying to find the right guy.

I'm just tired of the team trying to make chicken salad out of chicken @#$% at the QB position.

rogers I agree. Smith no. Did you read teh link that KB posted a couple days after the workout? I noticed you didnt post in it. The link referenced NFC personnel didnt like Smiths dep outs and his mechanics on teh 5 and 7 step drops. This is my concern all along. I AM NOT saying he cant succeed, but those are bigger concerns than learning touch passes or level of competition. Smith has not SHOWN the ability in a pro style offense and to me, that is a risk that is too great at #2, if Saban feels diff than so be it. But too many people are acting like it is a slam dunk that smith is the next Montana.

You can't "factually interpret" anything. The mere act of interpretation makes it subjective and not factual.

BlueFin said:
Exactly -- and we're finally in a position in the draft where we can stop doing that. Finally in a place where we can get a QB who makes PLAYS. Remember that?

shouright said:
You can't "factually interpret" anything. The mere act of interpretation makes it subjective and not factual.

Yeah? That is what I said. That is my contention with your post, you act as if it is fact. I apologize if I read too much into it.

The link referenced NFC personnel didnt like Smiths deep outs and his mechanics on the 5 and 7 step drops. This is my concern all along. I AM NOT saying he cant succeed, but those are bigger concerns than learning touch passes or level of competition.

Are we now to the point where QBs set up and throw deep outs differently in the NFC than we do in the AFC? This is not Baseball, guys. Why would NFC scouts say something like that and AFC scouts not be talking about it? I mean, it is all the NFL, right? ONE league... This kind of talk is really ridiculous.

And they didn't actually even notice it until after they looked at film. That is just ludicrous.

BlueFin said:

The comment about chicken salad....agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dolphingator said:
Are we now to the point where QBs set up and throw deep outs differently in the NFC than we do in the AFC? This is not Baseball, guys. Why would NFC scouts say something like that and AFC scouts not be talking about it? I mean, it is all the NFL, right? ONE league... This kind of talk is really ridiculous.

And they didn't actually even notice it until after they looked at film. That is just ludicrous.

Yeah because you dont like it it aint true? Guess what it came from a reputable source, so tough sh*t you dont like it.

Yes it is all one league it just so happened that the personnel men were form the NFC, and yes it is normal for them to go back anbd review tapes. Yes people can notice things of teh tape thast they missed live, as it happens fast, people can distract you. You see it once and its done live. Sorry if you disagree, I didnt make it up. But just because you dont like it, doesnt make it untrue. Now go back to your tantrum.

Ludicrous? Your ability to discern opinions from statements of fact.

Basically the deal here is that Saban started his tenure with the team talking like Feeley would be handed the keys to the car. Ever since then (and with him watching more and more game film I'm sure), he's backed off of his public support of Feeley little by little. Heck, the damn "Jay Fiedler" reference says it all -- he must not have the name "AJ FEELEY" swirling around in his head too much.

My thoughts exactly. You know he has been looking at the
film and taking plenty of Tylenol watching Feelme.
The Fiedler slip was an accident but indicative that Saban
thinks they both suck equally in their own special ways.

Back
Top Bottom