Merged:What Saban thinks of Feeley/Signals from Saban | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:What Saban thinks of Feeley/Signals from Saban

The interesting twist to all of this is that Nick and the scouts are working out other draftable quarterbacks as well....quarterbacks that will be drafted on the first day. He's certainly sending out signals that he is very interested in quarterbacks right now. What he's doing is covering all his bases. He's going to take into account what he has seen in Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith, and he's going to compare that to what he has seen in Charlie Frye, Jason Campbell, and David Greene. I think you will probably see Miami work out Kyle Orton, Andrew Walter, and probably Dan Orlovsky as well before the draft. After the comparisons, if Nick thinks that there isn't much of a drop off from Rodgers/Smith to Campbell/Frye/Greene, then he may not go with a quarterback at that second pick. If he feels there is a big drop off, then it is very likely that he will go with the quarterback at that second pick.

The Dolphins have also shown interest in several runners as well though. They will have Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown in this week for a private team workout. They had scouts at Cedric Benson's workout, and I believe you will see them bring Benson in to Miami for a workout as well. They watched with a close eye as Ciatrick Fason and Vernand Morency worked out. Rick Spielman scouted Kay Jay Harris in person several times during the season.

Finlandia said:
My thoughts exactly. You know he has been looking at the
film and taking plenty of Tylenol watching Feelme.
The Fiedler slip was an accident but indicative that Saban
thinks they both suck equally in their own special ways.

What exactly has he said that was any diff than the beginning? He said on Tuesday at the meetings that AJ will be given every chance to hold his job, get that HOLD HIS JOB. That doesnt mean he is teh starter next season or that he doesnt have to play well to keep it, it means Saban acknowledges that Feeley was teh starter. He said that they will work very hard to develop AJ and be behind him all the way, but AJ had to take it upon himself to take teh job. I didnt read anything in any of Sabans comments that said anything diff. WHat is clear, is that Saban NEVER said AJ was guarenteed to start.

BlueFin said:
Please do explain how the rest of the team wasn't as good when Ricky led the league in rushing (and no playoffs) as it was when Lamar took us to the playoffs two straight years. Seems to me we more or less had the same personnel?

I think the point is, you can rely too heavily on a marquee back and ignore your passing game to much, I think thats what happened with Ricky here.

New England did just as well with Antwoin Smith as they did with Corey Dillion.

QB and O-line or more important than the runner.

I think the level of competition in the NFL and the Ray Lucas thing really hurt us in 02. I find it hard to beleive the 2000 or 2001 Dolphins were better than the 2002 team. Fielder, although not a really good QB, was really important to the team that year. He wasn't the same after thumb surgery.

KB21 said:
The interesting twist to all of this is that Nick and the scouts are working out other draftable quarterbacks as well....quarterbacks that will be drafted on the first day. He's certainly sending out signals that he is very interested in quarterbacks right now. What he's doing is covering all his bases. He's going to take into account what he has seen in Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith, and he's going to compare that to what he has seen in Charlie Frye, Jason Campbell, and David Greene. I think you will probably see Miami work out Kyle Orton, Andrew Walter, and probably Dan Orlovsky as well before the draft. After the comparisons, if Nick thinks that there isn't much of a drop off from Rodgers/Smith to Campbell/Frye/Greene, then he may not go with a quarterback at that second pick. If he feels there is a big drop off, then it is very likely that he will go with the quarterback at that second pick.

The Dolphins have also shown interest in several runners as well though. They will have Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown in this week for a private team workout. They had scouts at Cedric Benson's workout, and I believe you will see them bring Benson in to Miami for a workout as well. They watched with a close eye as Ciatrick Fason and Vernand Morency worked out. Rick Spielman scouted Kay Jay Harris in person several times during the season.

You forgot Lefors Keith....you keep doing that....wouldn't want you to miss out on the best little QB in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom