[MERGED] Who will be our starting QB in the opener? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED] Who will be our starting QB in the opener?

I'm also gonna say Beck,or i hope it's Beck. i'd really like to see what he can do in a hopefully improved team and situation.

Probably a FA QB, a vet, my guess Collins, Grossman, Volek or Pennington, dark horse is Gray IMO. If Chad gets cut then I would say without a doubt Pennington is the starter.

If not Pennington then my guess would be Grossman or Volek in that order. Why I would say not Collins or Gray is because I can't see how they would bring in an "unproven" QB when they already have Beck. My assumption is that Grossman has the most experience of the bunch and would be first choice, however I know Tuna has questioned his talent before. Volek would be an interesting choice, I think he would either boom or bust, at least with Grossman you know what you are getting and can prepare Beck to step in.

i actually like anderson, i liked him since i saw him play the ravens on nfl network in 06
but in no way would i want to trade the first pick in the draft for him, but there has to be a package the phins could do to bring him in if the phins want him

if not i would want beck

Im hoping to see a depth chart of Pennington/Ryan/Beck. If Pennington cant be had, we will need to get another veteran but, Im just not sure any of them are good enough to get the job done. None of them are really worth signing.

Ryan could possibly beat out Pennington or another vet we might sign, but if it isnt Pennington/Ryan im almost hoping we get Derek Anderson even though Im not sold on him, just because we need a QB so badly.

Bob Griese, after all the talk about perfection he said during an interview with The Miami Herald that he still has something in the tank and want to return the glory days to Miami.

Stringer...you couldn't cause enough controversy in your other anti-Beck threads...we all know you don't like Beck...that's fine and I respect your opinion, but starting multiple threads on one basic subject gets old quickly...

But here is the only absolutely, positively, write-it-down correct answer you'll see:

NO ONE ON THIS BOARD OR IN THE FRONT OFFICE OR ON THE PRACTICE FIELD OF THE FINS ORGANIZATION KNOWs YET WHO WILL BE THE STARTING QB FOR US COME GAME 1 OF THE 2008 CAMPAIGN.

There, I've let the cat out of the bag...

Seriously, I'm just having a little fun with this...but all we know right now is that Beck hasn't proven he can be the guy (whether that be because he hasn't had the chance to do so (as I believe) or that he just doesn't have it), Lemon is an UFA and has pretty much proven he's nothing special and Matt Baker is also unknown at this point. So, you tell us...If I had to make a decision, right now, based on what we have, hands down Beck is the man...so does that make you happy ?? If you want to incite ire about Beck, just start another thread called "Tell me why Beck is worthless" and you and WV and others can all have at it...

as of right now i say cleo lemon..the more this guy hangs around the more people tend to like him. i won't be happy till he signs with another team/the guys luggage is on the bus or until the dolphins make it official. i know he is a uf at the moment but anything could happen.

as of right now i say cleo lemon..the more this guy hangs around the more people tend to like him. i won't be happy till he signs with another team/the guys luggage is on the bus or until the dolphins make it official. i know he is a uf at the moment but anything could happen.

there was already a report yesterday saying he wont be resigned. I would be hardpressed to think the vast majority of the finfans here want him back..

Hes one of the, if not the, most worthless person to ever wear a dolphins uniform

there was already a report yesterday saying he wont be resigned. I would be hardpressed to think the vast majority of the finfans here want him back..

Hes one of the, if not the, most worthless person to ever wear a dolphins uniform
i beg to differ sir..need i remind you of a guy named lucas.? atleast cleo won a game. by the way i am in no way saying i want the guy around but stranger things have happenend.

i beg to differ sir..need i remind you of a guy named lucas.? atleast cleo won a game. by the way i am in no way saying i want the guy around but stranger things have happenend.

I said ONE OF, Lucas is also a ONE OF. :D So we are actually in agreement :up:

Back
Top Bottom