MERGED: Why is Hawthorne Slipping So Far? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Why is Hawthorne Slipping So Far?

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Antaj Hawthorne

THis guy was a first round pick two months ago. We need insurance behind Chaster and Bowens at DT.

IF he's still there at 147 I grab him.

IF not, take your choice between Adrian McPhereson or Ben Wilkerson.

Why is Hawthorne Slipping So Far?

I know this guy tested positive for marijuana but why is he dropping? I would think this would virtually be a none issue considering that Luis Castillo went in the first and he took STEROIDS. Just because it was to heal an injury doesnt make it any better. Steroids are far worse than marijuana who half of the NBA has tested positive for.

Probably cuz he admitted smoking a bit of weed/ I agree that it's not that big of a deal. Not every guy that smoke pot is gonna quit football and run of to india.

Inconsistency, takes plays off, doesn't go full on every down.

he doesn't like football
took plays off, lack of intensity, add that to the marijuana, and the fact they thought he should have done more playing with erasmus james.

just a lot of issues, character, mental, physical.... that being said, i would have liked to take a shot on him since we are old and beat up at DT, but i trust our new regime.

pigskinguy said:
Probably cuz he admitted smoking a bit of weed/ I agree that it's not that big of a deal. Not every guy that smoke pot is gonna quit football and run of to india.

That's only part of it. He knew they'd test him at the Combine. They all do. He knew the consequences. And yet he smoked anyway.

For a guy with 1st/2nd round talent (and subsequently a considerable amount of money on the line), it certifies him as a moron in my book.

Muck, you hit the nail on the head. He basically stamped "idiot" on his forehead by testing positive at the combine.

On a side note.. I really don't have a problem with gambling as long as it's not on your own team. I just don't view it as that culpable. The NFL disagrees with me, but I'm not going to label a teammate as "untrustable" because he put $50 on the Ravens.

Muck said:
That's only part of it. He knew they'd test him at the Combine. They all do. He knew the consequences. And yet he smoked anyway.

For a guy with 1st/2nd round talent (and subsequently a considerable amount of money on the line), it certifies him as a moron in my book.

Point taken. :wink:

Muck said:

However Clarret (RB ohio state) went in the 3rd round with 4.8 to 4.9 40 yard dash that he spent 2 years preparing for.

Oh, almost forgot he quit the combine too. At least Hawthorne has the measurables to play in the NFL.

Mr Fan said:
However Clarret (RB ohio state) went in the 3rd round with 4.8 to 4.9 40 yard dash that he spent 2 years preparing for.

Oh, almost forgot he quit the combine too. At least Hawthorne has the measurables to play in the NFL.

I think Clarett's a moron too. And Denver took him too high IMO. Regardless, he'll rush for 1000 yards there. :rolleyes:

There aren't many questions about Clarett's on-field desire, however. And that's something Hawthorne is dealing with.

Back
Top Bottom