Merged: WOW another possible blockbuster trade/Portis to Skins for Bailey? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: WOW another possible blockbuster trade/Portis to Skins for Bailey?

Crzynick25

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
WOW another possible blockbuster trade

On espn.com, there is rumor that Champ Bailey to Denver, and Clinton Portis to Washington, Champ Bailey is great, but why would you give up a guy like Clinton Portis, i think Washington definitly wins if this happens

No.. Denver wins in that situation.. Denver craps out good rbs like a taco bell customer!

True I think CP is a very good rb and is still very young...I doubt this happens but no matter what rb you put in the Broncos system...they are all very successful...that rb QG who played in the Colts game when CP was out...looked really good!!!

Don't forget, rumors had Portis threatening a hold out for cash. So, send him to the cash whore in Washington. Washington is looking better already.

Yeah, adam Sheftner reported this in Sundays Edition of the Denver post and i post it here but everyone said this was joke. and adam Sheftner is a crappy reporter. First off everyone knows in Denver that Adam Sheftner Gets first shot to report or write any breaking news out of the Broncos Organazation. Hes been doing it for a while now. Denvers getting a great deal IMO.

This is good for us b/c Denver wants a 2nd rounder with Bailey. It would mean the skins need picks and may part with ramsey. We could then persue him or a rookie (rookie more available with someone taking ramsey). Given the two year gaur contract with feeley he would be grooming our next qb. If feeley is great trade the rookie for picks. If Ramsey is in then whomever looses the competition is out in a few years. I like this.

By the way, Portis has every right to hold out, since he has completely outperformed his contract. If a player underperforms his contract, he is either asked to take a pay cut or is released outright.
The NFL can't have it both ways.

Originally posted by KillerDolphins
Yeah, adam Sheftner reported this in Sundays Edition of the Denver post and i post it here but everyone said this was joke. and adam Sheftner is a crappy reporter. First off everyone knows in Denver that Adam Sheftner Gets first shot to report or write any breaking news out of the Broncos Organazation. Hes been doing it for a while now. Denvers getting a great deal IMO.

You're right and wrong. Shefter is a must read for any Bronco fan for the reasons you stated. But you're wrong that he's still not an idiot. He created the whole Portis hold out story just to have something to write. He's been in Denver long enough to know that guys who are under contracts don't get taken care of until April. Until then Shanahan focuses on our own UFAs and the first month of free agency. Shefter knew full well what he was doing by writing that story. He also by himself created the Bledsoe to Denver rumors two years ago by taking a quote from Shanahan entirely out of context, and he knew he was doing it too.

Denver is making a huge mistake, Portis is a great RB

He is, but I'm holding off until the draft before I make a decision on the trade. Champ's contract will be a wash with what Portis was going to get, and Denver has the ability for at least one decent to big FA signing this year that most assumed would be a corner. I want to see who that player is now to go with the pick.
In essence for Denver the deal works out to be:
Champ
Decent to Big FA
early 2nd in deep draft
for
Portis

Denver shouldn't do this trade. Portis is the most explosive back in the league.

Plus I don't want to buy a Deadskin Portis jersey ;)

Back
Top Bottom