Merged:Wow Miami Leading the league in...D stats | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Wow Miami Leading the league in...D stats

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Wow Miami Leading the league in...

Wow Miami is Leading the league on both sides of the ball
in the Red Zone plus short yardage as well. Impressive!

----
Red zone workout

The Patriots spent yesterday working on red zone offense and defense, no mean task considering that the Dolphins are leading the league in that area both offensively and defensively.

``It's a little bit unusual to be on top of the league on both sides of the ball on that,'' said Pats coach Bill Belichick. ``They're also leading the league in short yardage offense and defense, so those are areas they've done very well in - keeping people out of the end zone, getting the ball into the end zone, and converting on those third-and-shorts. We'll have a little extra preparation in those areas this week, as well as third down and two minute, those special situations.

``(The Dolphins) do a good job on a lot of things, but the red area has really been good for them,'' said the coach. ``It seems like every week it has helped them win one of these last four games, keeping people out of there and missed field goals and all of that and they're getting it in themselves.

``That's what happened to us down there last year, too (the Pats lost, 26-13). They got down to the red area and they got touchdowns out of all of their opportunities. That led to a lot of points.''

Vinatieri ready to kick the turf
By George Kimball/Patriots Notebook
Friday, October 17, 2003

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/patriots.bg?articleid=82

Re: Wow Miami Leading the league in...

Originally posted by CpuFan
Wow Miami is Leading the league on both sides of the ball
in the Red Zone plus short yardage as well. Impressive!

----
Red zone workout

The Patriots spent yesterday working on red zone offense and defense, no mean task considering that the Dolphins are leading the league in that area both offensively and defensively.

``It's a little bit unusual to be on top of the league on both sides of the ball on that,'' said Pats coach Bill Belichick. ``They're also leading the league in short yardage offense and defense, so those are areas they've done very well in - keeping people out of the end zone, getting the ball into the end zone, and converting on those third-and-shorts. We'll have a little extra preparation in those areas this week, as well as third down and two minute, those special situations.

``(The Dolphins) do a good job on a lot of things, but the red area has really been good for them,'' said the coach. ``It seems like every week it has helped them win one of these last four games, keeping people out of there and missed field goals and all of that and they're getting it in themselves.

``That's what happened to us down there last year, too (the Pats lost, 26-13). They got down to the red area and they got touchdowns out of all of their opportunities. That led to a lot of points.''

Vinatieri ready to kick the turf
By George Kimball/Patriots Notebook
Friday, October 17, 2003

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/patriots.bg?articleid=82

It would be nicer if the D didn't let them into the red zone to begin with tho !!! ;)

Re: Re: Wow Miami Leading the league in...

Originally posted by DeDolfan

It would be nicer if the D didn't let them into the red zone to begin with tho !!! ;)

We had a lot of red zone attemps because of the bad punting of Royals but we got rid of him.

Buffalo had their shares of red zone opportunities but we picked them a couple of time.
:cool:

Re: Re: Wow Miami Leading the league in...

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Sometimes it's not the D that lets them in there. I don't want to mention the obvious, cuz this might get moved to another forum. :D

any stats the D is ranmked highly in are a testament to the last 3 games. the first game was not a stellar defensive effort, and recovering statistically by now when a bye week is included is an accomplishment.

Re: Re: Re: Wow Miami Leading the league in...

Originally posted by 1972

Sometimes it's not the D that lets them in there. I don't want to mention the obvious, cuz this might get moved to another forum. :D

LMAO !!!!! :D :D :D :D

1972, are you suggesting that it could be something, or someone, on our offense? :lol:

What are the Fins Defensive Rankings?

Currently, what is the Fins overall defensive ranking?...In pts. allowed, in rushing defense, and passing defense???

Sorry, too lazy to look this up...and I know that at least one FinFan on this site knows the answers...well, what the heck...how about our rankings on offense too.

Go Fins!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
"They lead the NFL in red zone defense, as their opponents have scored just two touchdowns in 15 trips inside-the-20 (13.3%). "

That is just phenomenal.

Oh well, the D always has this kind of praise this time of the season, I want to see them have this kind of effort in the last 4 games of the season, that's what I'm waiting for..can we go though Nov-Dec. with the same results as Sept- Oct.? Then I'll give this D props..I've seen this episode before. I want get caught up with the D bandwagon until Dec if they deserve it.

True, but last year the D didn't have this kind of praise for their performance on the road. That provides hope that things have improved from last season.

And last year the D was nowhere near this good in the Red Zone..But the O was number one too until Jay got hurt..

Back
Top Bottom