Merged X 1 Million: Draft Day 1 thread/Continuing Discussion Bring it here | Page 88 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X 1 Million: Draft Day 1 thread/Continuing Discussion Bring it here

IMHO - BP and crew are having a very solid draft. Good job fellas.

I am disappointed and slightly disgusted that 1) we didnt take a corner and 2) we didnt TAKE A WR!! Grrrrr....why does no one see that we could have taken our pick of ANY WR and we instead took another DE that no one knows. I am sorry but as a fin fan i am extremely disappointed that we didnt put some fire into the offense. Chad Henne will be a work in progress and we sat on our hands instead of going out and getting a good trade (at least a 2nd rd) for a 34 YEAR OLD JT.
Seriously Bill Parcells wth is wrong with you getting rid of an exciting looking prospect (Lorenzo Booker) who we took in the 3rd and getting a 4th round pick with it come on...

Relax Tommy, not everyone hates the picks we've made. I think they've been very smart picks. A LOT of value at the picks we got them at. I think some are initially upset because either 1) they really like Beck and feel Henne is slap in his face; and/or 2) they just didn't like Henne or the hype around him. I think most will come around in time and realize that we got a LOT of value in our picks.
:hi5:

Exactly. I'm SOOO glad BP and company are running our draft. Some of these teams reach so much for players that it makes me wanna laugh. But BP is not only not reaching, but getting great value for his picks. Merling was a mid-1st rounder, and slipped to us. There is NO way Flacco deserved to go 30+ places ahead of Henne, so another pick that fell into our laps. Yeah, there are a lot of positions that need to be addressed. For example, we need to address CB...but King is still there! Interior O-line help is readily available in the later rounds, as is a 3rd down back to replace Booker, and a slot receiver to complement Ginn and Wilford. I'm not sure why all of you are complaining. Everything is turning out better than I expected so far.

Hey J Tes, you may still be right about Godfrey, just a pick later. You've got to think we are going to get at least one CB in this draft and Godfrey is about the best left. But with Connor sitting right there for us, it would be tough to pass him up. IF we keep to quality talent slipping to the pick, you'd have to think Connor would be the pick. I think we'll get some more OL later in the draft but BPA says Connor or Godfrey. Otherwise, we trade back and get some picks.

Very happy with our draft so far. Jake Long is a stud, we got a steal in Merling, and Chad Henne was our QB from the beginning and we got him way later than we could have dreamed.

If you give me Early Doucet tomorrow you have officially sold me on this draft (and the trade yesterday) turning around this team quicker than expected.

Oh, and this just in from Yahoo!'s report card on today (in the section calling the Ravens winners):

The caveat here is how good is Flacco? Is he just the reincarnation of Kyle Boller? A number of player personnel directors who didn’t need a quarterback think Michigan’s Chad Henne was the best non-Matt Ryan option out there.

Back
Top Bottom