Merged X 34: Hey look - a Randy Moss thread! | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X 34: Hey look - a Randy Moss thread!

Do you want Moss on the Phins?

• Yes, via waivers or FA

Votes: 208 62.3%
  • Yes, only via waivers

Votes: 61 18.3%
  • Yes, only via FA

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • No

Votes: 58 17.4%

• Total voters
Michael Lombardi, Joe Theismann and Boomer Esiason all saying they think Moss clears waivers and I see their point. Teams are inherently a little conservative and what team is going to want to gamble with $3.4 million that he doesn't want to be a member of your team? If he doesn't want to be there he does more bad than good. If you let him go to free agency and he WANTS to be a member of your club, talk to him about where you see him fitting in, gauge his thoughts, then you don't even really have to pay him much because he's still double dipping from his Vikings "pension".

The more time teams have to think about it the more they have to realize that some team is going to get lucky but if you try and force it, it'll blow up in your face. Either way the courtship itself is going to have to be really important...and a courtship isn't possible if you claim him off waivers.

If we don't get him. I'll be so pissed when the Jets do. Please pay the man and welcome him to Miami!!

He has hands you can’t teach. Henne could heave the rock if we had a target. This piece would make us a serious contender, with our defense, right now. We do not have a down field threat at all right now. No brainer. I personally think Bellicheat gets him back and trades him for another GD high draft pick.

Michael Lombardi, Joe Theismann and Boomer Esiason all saying they think Moss clears waivers and I see their point. Teams are inherently a little conservative and what team is going to want to gamble with $3.4 million that he doesn't want to be a member of your team? If he doesn't want to be there he does more bad than good. If you let him go to free agency and he WANTS to be a member of your club, talk to him about where you see him fitting in, gauge his thoughts, then you don't even really have to pay him much because he's still double dipping from his Vikings "pension".

The more time teams have to think about it the more they have to realize that some team is going to get lucky but if you try and force it, it'll blow up in your face. Either way the courtship itself is going to have to be really important...and a courtship isn't possible if you claim him off waivers.
if you're miami, and you're having trouble scoring TDs, and you don't want Randy back with the pats, you take him on waivers, even if he doesn't want to play for you, you're keeping him away from a division rival.

I say claim him if he is available, he would be our deep threat and help Marshall draw some single coverage or vise versa and Moss would have single coverage which could mean easy touchdowns baby!

Moss might not be the same receiver he was 3 or 4 years ago, but the man is a beast when he is motivated to play or has something to prove...which he has now since he was traded by the Pats and release by the Vikes...he has a major chip on his shoulder right now...so look out!

Pipe Dream everybody....PIPE DREAM!!!

Do you guys really think we'd do something like that? Be on the hook for 6 million for a guy that's about to be on his 3rd team of the season? There's a reason why he got cut!!!! Get real!

Didn't everyone say he had a chip on his shoulder when traded by the patriots and he was going to go on a tear in minny?

Back
Top Bottom