Merged X10,001^2: Raiders to waive DeAngelo Hall/Signs with Redskins | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X10,001^2: Raiders to waive DeAngelo Hall/Signs with Redskins

With 15 teams involved, we definitely may be one of them, but there is no way we are top bidder.

So what D Hall cleared waivers, if we are lucky he will also stay clear of us too!!! OVERRATED!!!!

He's one of the worst DBs in the league:

-http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-hall&prov=ap&type=lgns

He guesses waaaaaaaaaaay to much and doesn't recover well. He gets his picks because he tries to jump every route. Unfortunately teams know this and run a lot of double moves on him. They'll run an actual single move route to keep him honest and that's where he makes his money. Give a DB a contract that focuses on picks and he'll get his picks, but he'll also give up TDs.

He makes a lot of tackles because he watches the WR catch the ball and then tackles him. The more tackles you make the more you are likely to force fumbles. Statistically speaking he's a very good DB. However, when you put those statistics into perspective he's awful.

Exactly....for every INT he has....he gets burned for 2 TD's....

He's nothing by hype from his name.....awful cornerback...

I'd rather have Bryant McFadden..

Yes very overrated corner. If the Raiders think you're too much of a headcase to be on their team then that's pretty bad. Parcells, and Ireland don't want this loser, and i'm glad we're not gonna sign him.

Why in the world would we want a guy who couldn't hang with the lowly Raiders?

He obviously SUCKS!

I hope the Pats sign him hehehe!

Although I don't think we will sign him.....

Something tells me that IF we did, he would immediately transform into the best cover corner in the league. (At least in the eyes of the forum rats :p) And people would be singing the praises of genius and mastermind regarding Parcells and Ireland.

On the other hand, if he signs with the Pats or Bills, he would suck immeasureably, with people crying sucker and washed up fool about BB and Jaron.

Aint happening anymore than Roy Williams was happening. People see a big name and they salivate at the mouth, but the fact of the matter is he's just not worth getting into a bidding war over.
sorry man no way. roy williams couldnt happen because it took the better half of a draft to get him. all hall takes in money, something we happen to have. as well as a clear need a cb. Im not holding my breath and i understand Hall gets beat off and on, but he is a playmaker. GO FINS!

Anyone else think Hall might be a better CB simply by coming to Miami(if he did)??? As much as goodman has sucked the last couple of years he has actually looked great the last couple weeks as has the rest of the secondary. IDK if we just have a great secondary coach, or it's Sporano, or just the environment is making these guys step up but this mediocre bunch has really stepped it up. IDK maybe it's just me but I could see someone like Hall who has a TON of talent becoming a top CB in Miami.

Anyone else think Hall might be a better CB simply by coming to Miami(if he did)??? As much as goodman has sucked the last couple of years he has actually looked great the last couple weeks as has the rest of the secondary. IDK if we just have a great secondary coach, or it's Sporano, or just the environment is making these guys step up but this mediocre bunch has really stepped it up. IDK maybe it's just me but I could see someone like Hall who has a TON of talent becoming a top CB in Miami.

I agree with this post. It seems that our coaches get the most out of our players and don't let any type of cancer affect the locker room, they keep that sort of stuff from happening. With that being said, I think the coaches can keep a player like Hall under control and can definitely revive his career here in Miami.

I'm kind of surprised the Cowboys aren't. Their secondary is horrible, and they haven't exactly shied away from players with on and off the field troubles recently.

Maybe because the objective is to try to improve a horrible secondary

Well, after they announced, they spent 10 minutes on why they thought the Cowboys would go after him. It was typical ESPN, we have evidence of one thing but lets talk about another the whole time.

Maybe because the objective is to try to improve a horrible secondary

True.....

I personally do not think Deangelo Hall is even close to as good as he was in his first couple of seasons in the league coming out of VT. His attitude is terrible, he's had some injuries that hindered his play. But surely he's better than what Dallas has right now? With several of their DB's hurt.

DeAngelo Hall has signed with the Washington Redskins, per Adam Schefter on NFL.com

Redskins get D. Hall per ESPN

Just heard on sportscenter, that should cool the D.HALL TO MIAMI rumblings.

Back
Top Bottom