Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

Ugh, I only have to go back to the Bills game. He was in total control. He was in total control of the Pats game. He had a good handle on the fins game. He's been in control of every game they've won. Being in control doesn't mean you throw for huge yardage, it mean you and your offense are controlling the pace, the game. He's done it.

Just as he brought the Jets back from a deficit before. The Jets were trailing in the 2nd half against the Chargers in SD, in the playoffs. He led the team to 14 points in the second half to win the game.

Again, everyone, everywhere rates Sanchez over Henne now. And Henne is the more experienced of the 2, he should be the better QB right now. Hell, your teams FO has issues with Henne, his starting status has had to be talked about by the fins after preseason and after their 4th game. Never, ever hear boo about Sanchez in regards to sitting him.

You don't judge the 2 by stats alone, you judge them by wins, loses, and how they played. With your eyes. It's easy to have mediocre numbers vs a top D, but to win the game shows more than losing to a scrub team and putting up better numbers.

Ugh, I only have to go back to the Bills game. He was in total control. He was in total control of the Pats game. He had a good handle on the fins game. He's been in control of every game they've won. Being in control doesn't mean you throw for huge yardage, it mean you and your offense are controlling the pace, the game. He's done it.

Just as he brought the Jets back from a deficit before. The Jets were trailing in the 2nd half against the Chargers in SD, in the playoffs. He led the team to 14 points in the second half to win the game.

Again, everyone, everywhere rates Sanchez over Henne now. And Henne is the more experienced of the 2, he should be the better QB right now. Hell, your teams FO has issues with Henne, his starting status has had to be talked about by the fins after preseason and after their 4th game. Never, ever hear boo about Sanchez in regards to sitting him.

You don't judge the 2 by stats alone, you judge them by wins, loses, and how they played. With your eyes. It's easy to have mediocre numbers vs a top D, but to win the game shows more than losing to a scrub team and putting up better numbers.
wat pressure did he face in those games? when i say control, i mean im looking for the game where he has no defense, has no run game, is down by 3 or more on his last drive, do or die, and he is able to lead his team to a game tying score or gw score. that's Wat i mean. i want to see if he can handle the pressure of having to carry the team on his shoulders the whole game.

ill give u that he played real well vs the pats though, but the buff game he didnt need to do ****, that game was a joke from the start, and the miami game, although he did throw for 3 tds, he wasn't exactly incredible, but he did play ok.

Such an easy article to write. Sanchez has indeed played well, he's also backed by a superb defense and running game...has an up and coming security blanket in Keller, and even before getting Holmes, had solid playmaking WRs in Edwards and Cotchery. Both QBs have excellent o-lines, so I wont compare.

Its an easy article to write because its easy to look at the 4-1 record, the 0 picks, and write this article without offering any real insight or rationale behind the obvious...and right now, its pretty easy to bang on Henne. Vintage ESPN.

wat pressure did he face in those games? when i say control, i mean im looking for the game where he has no defense, has no run game, is down by 3 or more on his last drive, do or die, and he is able to lead his team to a game tying score or gw score. that's Wat i mean. i want to see if he can handle the pressure of having to carry the team on his shoulders the whole game.

ill give u that he played real well vs the pats though, but the buff game he didnt need to do ****, that game was a joke from the start, and the miami game, although he did throw for 3 tds, he wasn't exactly incredible, but he did play ok.

Cool, we'll penalize Sanchez for playing on a better team. He gets no credit for putting up big number on the scoreboard in Buffalo. He gets no credit for 3 TDs in Miami and outscoring Henne head to head. He gets no credit for the job he did in a tsunami vs the Vikes, gets no credit for putting the Jets into the red zone 5 times before the Vikes score, but gets all the blame for only getting 3 each time. The same Vike team that in perfect weather Henne managed what 7?

But hey, you give him credit for the NE game, another game where the direct Henne to Sanchez comparison against NE is a loser for Henne.

This isn't which game did Sanchez look like Peyton, it's just which games did he look better than Henne. That would be Bills, Vikes, Pats and head to head with the fish.

It's one thing to hate all things Jets, it's another to be realistic. Right now Sanchez has passed Henne and is the better QB.

Well at this point in the season I'd bet that most anyone who isn't a Fins fan would take Nacho over Henne. I do find the Sanchez has a better team around him argument quite amusing though. All offseason all we heard about from you guys was how the Fins were as good if not better than the Jets at pretty much every position. Now that we're 5 games into the season and Sanchez is having a better season - it's because he's surrounded by a better team. Go figure.

Well at this point in the season I'd bet that most anyone who isn't a Fins fan would take Nacho over Henne. I do find the Sanchez has a better team around him argument quite amusing though. All offseason all we heard about from you guys was how the Fins were as good if not better than the Jets at pretty much every position. Now that we're 5 games into the season and Sanchez is having a better season - it's because he's surrounded by a better team. Go figure.

+1

The turnaround is rather amusing.

Cool, we'll penalize Sanchez for playing on a better team. He gets no credit for putting up big number on the scoreboard in Buffalo. He gets no credit for 3 TDs in Miami and outscoring Henne head to head. He gets no credit for the job he did in a tsunami vs the Vikes, gets no credit for putting the Jets into the red zone 5 times before the Vikes score, but gets all the blame for only getting 3 each time. The same Vike team that in perfect weather Henne managed what 7?

But hey, you give him credit for the NE game, another game where the direct Henne to Sanchez comparison against NE is a loser for Henne.

This isn't which game did Sanchez look like Peyton, it's just which games did he look better than Henne. That would be Bills, Vikes, Pats and head to head with the fish.

It's one thing to hate all things Jets, it's another to be realistic. Right now Sanchez has passed Henne and is the better QB.
first of all, wat tsunami did he play in? it was raining cats and dogs at the time that kickoff was supposed to start, but they delayed the game till 915. when kickoff begun, it was barely raining. the only time during actual game time again where it was actually a big downpour was at the end of the 2nd half. lets not make it seem he played the whole game in a massive rainstorm. the weather was fine during game time aside for the last few min of the 2nd half. that was a downpour.

again, lets see where they both stand after 10 games, not after miami has played 4 and the jets 5.

first of all, wat tsunami did he play in? it was raining cats and dogs at the time that kickoff was supposed to start, but they delayed the game till 915. when kickoff begun, it was barely raining. the only time during actual game time again where it was actually a big downpour was at the end of the 2nd half. lets not make it seem he played the whole game in a massive rainstorm. the weather was fine during game time aside for the last few min of the 2nd half. that was a downpour.

again, lets see where they both stand after 10 games, not after miami has played 4 and the jets 5.

Dude, did you even watch the game? It was delayed for lightning, not rain. It rained like crazy end of the first half, influenced the dropped TD to Keller, and rained on and off the entire 2nd half. I was there, it rained as badly as any game I have ever gone to.

RainGang.jpgFocusvsMinn.jpg

So you want more time to hopefully benefit your guy, I get it. Because no matter how you slice it Marc outplayed Chad in the head to head game, Minny (rain or no rain), Pats and Bills games.

But you still don't believe your eyes because you heart is turquoise and orange. Kind of like what I went through when I saw Marino light it up early in his career. Difference is I wasn't so homeristic to ignore the obvious.

I think they both have huge upside. I have to admit, at first I thought Sanchez was a huge gamble and the fact that he had such little playing experience, made me think he'd suck. But I've watched him play a bit and make some impressive throws. No doubt he's got skills, but I think henne will turn out to be real good. he's gotta learn his progressions though. He's still struggling a bit w that and locking on. Can all be corrected w time. To early to say which qb will turn out the best!

I think they both have huge upside. I have to admit, at first I thought Sanchez was a huge gamble and the fact that he had such little playing experience, made me think he'd suck. But I've watched him play a bit and make some impressive throws. No doubt he's got skills, but I think henne will turn out to be real good. he's gotta learn his progressions though. He's still struggling a bit w that and locking on. Can all be corrected w time. To early to say which qb will turn out the best!

Fair enough. But the question was who is better right now. Not sure what will happen down the road, but right now it's clear.

Sanchez got off to a hot start last year too. When the weather worsens and those lucky almost INTs turn into actual INTs, Sanchez will come back to Earth. He's improved tremendously since last season, but his performance has been greatly overrated. He's near the bottom of the league in both yards per attempt and completion percentage. I'll say that he's no longer outright a bad QB like he was last year, but he's no more than average at this point. But that's really all the Jets need, so who knows? Maybe it'll work for them.

You mean the way Henne played better down the stretch last season. Or the way Sanchez played in the cold the last 5 weeks to get the Jets into the playoffs?

That imaginary difference is what you're looking to see happen again with the weather change? Seems to me once the weather changed last year the fins went into the tank and the Jets passed them on their way to the playoffs. Henne lost his last 3 with 5 picks. Sanchez went on a roll winning 5 of last 6 to get his team into the playoffs, playing well with only 2 or 3 picks, yet the cold weather is his enemy. The first playoff win in Cincy was cold and blustery on top of that. Odd? Can't only be blind homerism, can it?

What a stupid post. He goes 10-21 74 yards and you want us to tell you why he played bad. You can't at least concede that he played poorly that game. Give me a frickin break.

Perhaps you should try a little reading comprehension... I never said he didn't play poorly. however he did not cost the Jets that game. which is what i was replying to.

Sanchez has played very well...8 TDs 0 INTs, but I have seen some of the worst passes of all time dropped by DBs vs him. He could EASILY have 4 INTs at this point and 2 of em were in the Minny game alone. The completion percentage is garbage too. 55% isn't gonna cut it for the whole season I'll tell you that. I still like Henne over Sanchez...I dont care what the stats say.

And Sanchez could easily have 12 TDs at this point if not for dropped passes. See how easy that was?

Dude, did you even watch the game? It was delayed for lightning, not rain. It rained like crazy end of the first half, influenced the dropped TD to Keller, and rained on and off the entire 2nd half. I was there, it rained as badly as any game I have ever gone to.

View attachment 6959View attachment 6960

i dont care if it was raining in the 2nd half off and on, it wasnt raining as hard though, not hard enough to effect someones game. favre was great in the 2nd half from late 3rd qtr on until that pick in the end. weather didn't seem to effect him their.

weather also is a lame excuse man. i mean, i don't know if u recall this game, but remember last year the pats put up 59 ****in points in a ****in blizzard in foxboro? well that is a lot harder to play through than a ****in rain event for just the end of the 2nd half.

now i know ur not saying that Sanchez is Brady and that hes gonna put up similar numbers, but my point is weather is a lame excuse. throughout football , teams have played in inclement weather. it happens and will happen again. don't make excuses for his performance based on that.

Say what you will about the weather, but don't pretend like it didn't effect Favre. The easiest thing to look at is the two fumbles he had. I'm sure I could go back and point out other things, but I wouldn't waste my time.

Back
Top Bottom