Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

Discussion in 'Beasts of the AFC East' started by 16phinsrfast, May 6, 2010.

1. Kinzua

Kinzua Banned Hammered

I probably should have said "excellent for a rookie". The press drooled over Edwards almost as much as they did over Sanchez -- and much like they did over Sam Bradford last season and are drooling over Cam Newton this season. What's good for a rookie isn't all that great for a guy who's made 30+ starts. What's forgivable in a rookie or second year QB isn't when he's in his third year as a starter.

I think Sanchez, if you count postseason, has started more games that Ryan Fitzpatrick since Fitz spent 2005-2007 on the bench, finally got some starts in 2008 in Cinci, maybe 8-10 in Buffalo in 2009, and then got the starter's job during the 2010 season and started 13 games. 2011 was the first year he got first team reps in TC.

Sanchez not only got first team reps in 3 TCs, but he's started about 36 games. It's time for him to fish or cut bait.

2. The Confessor

The Confessor Doesnt play well with others

Well, that's the bitter sweet you see.

The NY biased media LOVES to drool over Snatcho, even though he really isn't that good.
    The fans will live by what drool is published and believe in somebody that really isn't that good.

Sam Bradford IS a very good QB. Very very good. He, almost single handedly, did turn a very bad club very good in his rookie year. Far from what Dirty Snatcho did.

I hate to admit it, but Newton is doing the same thing so far in Carolina. I think he will come back down to earth once coordinators figure him out.

Fitz has NOT gotten the same media bias that Snatcho has, and in my opinion, he is a much better QB. He does all the little things right, where as, Snatcho doesn't even do the little things right. Fitz is finally in a good system for him, and he has tons of opportunity, without all the media over-hype biting at his ankles. Actually, quite the opposite.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

I love Bills fans getting ****y b/c they wona couple of games.

sanchez like Trent Edwards:lol: Name me a single big game Edwards ever won?

Sanchez has had one bad game! you guys make your judgements on one game, it's beyond ridiculous.

Buf's Ol did not play as poorly as our OL played the other night, the great fitz led you to 4 wins a year ago.

maxed out? how are we maxed out w. $8.5 mil in cap room?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/04/updated-cap-numbers-as-of-monday/

We have up a 2nd rd pick for sanchez, it wa an absolute heist.

brick not in Long's league:lol:

You don't follow football, do you?

4. The Confessor

I've been following football probably longer than you have been alive.... I just have the luxery of NOT living under the media shroud that clouds your eyes and judgement.

1 bad game? Really?

He has had 2 good games and you make him out to be the next coming of Joe Namath...which, to date, he's probably better, cause Namath only had 1 good game.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Following and understanding are two different things.

I amn not influenced by the media, I make my own judgements while watching.

Show me the post where I said Sanchez was great or where I made him out to be something he's not?

6. The Confessor

Cmon Junky, you and I have been down this road in the past. Its been a few years, but I promise you we have.
    You haven't said that verbatim in this particular thread, but are you REALLY going to hold me to task in combing over your 19,000 posts?

Tell me, in your un-media, ever knowing understanding of the position, what exactly makes a QB a good QB?

His QB rating?
    His TD-INT ratio?
    His winning percentage?
    Yardage?

You are obviously the one that understands football, I only follow it....

7. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

You can look up all my posts and you will never find one where I called him great or even said that he would be great b/c it's something I have never said or written ever.

What makes a good QB? There are a million factors, #s tell part of the story but for me I look at how guys perform when their teams need them most, how they perform in pressure situations, how they perfrom in pressure games- in the biggest games. I'll take a guy like sanchez '10 w/ lesser #s who plays his best in big spots over a #s guy who melts under the bright lights. if a guy is putting up #s in garbage time that doesn't impress me, if a guy is constantly playing and beating bad teams but struggles against top teams that doesn't impress me. It impresses the average fan who just looks at fantasy #s but how did that QB accumulate those #s? what situations? That means more to me than anything else. Sanchez played much better than his #s a year ago and through the first 3 weeks this year he played much worse than his #s.

8. COMEBACKRICKY

COMEBACKRICKY Superbowl MVP

Which is obviously why they have been losing. Sanchez is not a QB you can rely on to win you games. You're only proving our point, Skippy.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

We are 2-2 losing 2 road games to quality teams., we aren't "losing". This team will be fine, no QB could have had success w/ our OL the other night.

10. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

I always thought that Sanchez would be the guy to get hurt long term first(between Henne and Sanchez)..

I know Henne's line is awful but hey

another check mark for Sanchez

Durability

11. JETSJETSJETS

JETSJETSJETS Well-Known Member

Six 4th quarter comebacks last year ... But Sanchez is NOT a QB we can rely on to win games. He could have had SEVEN 4th quarter comebacks.

12. The Confessor

You SERIOUSLY need to review those games. He had more to do with almost blowing them than winning them.

I love the numbers myself. He didnt rank higher than 15th in ANY meaningful stat since entering the league, and has been very steadily ranked 28th currently this year, 27th last year and 28th in 2009 for QB rating.

Now I know those of you that prefer to constantly spell out your teams name, or throw urine bombs would pooh-pooh that number, but when you go and really study the list, and see who is at the top, especially the top 10 each and every year, it's very apparent that there is at least some logic there....not that I would expect you to look for it....or find it........or even understand it.

Truth is, the system that is barricaded around Snatcho, and the position he has been set in to not fail, he still is...and I find it VERY entertaining

13. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Please give the examples of how he was more responsible for almost blowing those games rather than pulling them out?

14. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

I've said before, Sanchez (at least up until this season) has been better than Henne (in a way that scurvy has been better than shingles). Aw hell, realisitically probably still is if you plug the realization that Sanchez would likely be the backup on 18-24 teams NFL teams at last count.. while Henne likely even more than that. Still while a 2nd degree burn might feel better than a 3rd, it's still gonna sting like an SOB

15. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

I don't think the argument is sanchez vs henne anymore really. I think sanchez is marginally better than henne. who gives a rip. NFL network analyst said it best tonight. something along the lines of, sanchez won't/can't win games by himself. this year the jets defense is less than dominant, and they are losing games. because they don't have a qb who can take over. they have an average qb, and without the help of a top defense, they are under .500....

lets face it, it doesn't really mean much to be better than henne. If you take off the home glasses, you can probably realize they are basically interchangeable. both wont take over a game, both can and will LOSE a game, and both need everything to go right for an entire game to win. I don't think it's a stretch to say that the records of the two teams would be any different if they swapped qbs.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

No one can win games by themselves but mark and the pass O carried us to many late wins a year ago. he's struggled this year but we lost 2 close games and 3 games on an impossible 3 game road swing. Peopl are acting like we lost to Miami 3 straight weeks.

17. Tunaphish429

Mark looked pretty good last night.. Finding the open guy, escaping pressure.

He was not super accurate but he made plays when he needed to.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

He looked bad early, he was wild most of that 1st half but on that last drive he began to get his confidence back. I could see as that drive progressed and he was a different guy after that drive. Hopefully this gets him out of his funk, the OL is playing better, we are starting to see some signs of life from the run game and now we need mark to play like he is capable of.

19. mrodriguez4096

mrodriguez4096 Surprise Everyone Fins!!!

A month ago you typed this garbage about Sanchise. After this Broncos game it's obvious that this "funk" he is in isn't a "funk" anymore. THIS IS Sanchez. A terrible QB.

20. Frankie324

Frankie324 Active Member

TerRible? Lol. Ok, go back to Sucking for Luck. I'm going to laugh my *** off when the Dolphins **** up another draft class. Maybe draft another offensive lineman.

21. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer Tape Guys vs Analytics Guys Finheaven VIP Donator

He is terrible. Tonight, he was worse than Tim Tebow, and Tim Tebow was awful for 55 minutes.

He blows, and I love that you defend him like a puppy dog. I hope The Jets front office shares your sentiments.

22. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

u guys also need a qb, so quit worrying about our qb situation and worry about your own.

23. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

He was terrible last night but he's still a good QB and I'm still happy we have him, he'll be ok. He and the team have been through this before.

24. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

never get tired of seeing "sanchize" throw a pick six, than pout and trot his way off the field..... NEVER

25. Vaark

Moore or Henne couldn't have done any worse last night with their hands up Mangold's backside.. and even more likely good enough to win the game.

26. Tunaphish429

Sanchez looked great last night.....Lol

I have a feeling that Chad Henne may end up in NY next year.

27. Vaark

[​IMG]

NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning and GM Mike Tannenbaum should trade young quarterback away

Link:Teammates rip franchise QB, say he's 'lazy' and 'content'

I've said all along that Moore, on the basis of a post concussive poor restricted sampling for the worst team in the league, has had the pressure of coming onto a winless, demoralized team as maybe the last chance to salvage a career where through HS and college and then over a short NFL run the season previously, he was a stud.

...compared to the pressure-free Sanchez who was enabled by Rex to continue to crap the bed knowing no matter how much he stunk (and now obviously how little time and commitment he put into his craft), he would not be pulled for an AARP-card carrying QB who hasn't started a game since Methusalah reached puberty.

Sorry, but when his own team doesn't respect him and wants him gone - it's pretty damn hard to spin Sanchez as anything but a disappointment no matter how masterfully you try!

I know this is an endless Henne vs Sanchez thread, not Moore who would obviously beat both of them out, but who here would bet against the latest version of Chad if he signed with the Jets and was allowed to compete for the starting position in a legitimate competition?

28. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

anonymous sources from a team that stunk, what ground breaking news! who could these guys have been? maybe the guys that didn't play well this year looking to pass the blame? I don't value gutless anonymous quotes.

29. AphexPhin

AphexPhin A True Fan

Well all you have to do is look at how the Dirty has played down the stretch of this season. He ****in sucked. Looks like some of his teammates are starting to realize that as well lol

30. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

He did stink down the stretch as did many of his teammates, I'm not ready to throw any of them out. This team will regroup.

31. Funky Fin

Funky Fin Banned Hammered

Dirty sucks.

32. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

amazing how this debate seems so yesterday

33. MartinTheSNAKE

MartinTheSNAKE Seasoned Veteran Donator

Henne may not be a good QB.... But he has never turned the ball over at the rate Sanchez did and never rammed into another mans *** with a football.

Advantage... Henne

34. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

he's never won a big game either- HUGE edge Mark.

35. MartinTheSNAKE

MartinTheSNAKE Seasoned Veteran Donator

Hes also never been on a team where said team could carry him.

36. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Miami was just as talented as we were in those years. You act like we had some great team around the QB, remember that a year earlier w/ similar talent, a much weaker sched , no Brady to deal and a HOF QB under C we couldn't even make the playoffs let alone win 2 road playoff games.

37. The Banshee

The Banshee Member

buttfumble

38. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

As of last week they are now both backups. Only chance to play now is an unfortunate injury to someone above them on the depth chart.

Since this is last we may see of them let us compare the numbers.

Starting Record-advantage Sanchez
    Mark has Chad beat 33-29 to 18-35, Mark is also 4-2 in playoffs to none for Chad.

Passing-advantage Henne
    Chad 59%, 12931 yards, 58 TD's, 63 Ints, 6.6 YPA, QBR 75.5
    Mark 55%, 12092 yards, 68 TD's, 69 Ints, 6.5 YPA, QBR 71.7

Rushing-advantage Sanchez
    Mark has 342 yards and 12 TD's to Henne's 362 yards and 3 TD's

Very similar stats at this points of their careers.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  39. teemu7

teemu7 A True Fan

Back in the game and what do you know he throws 2 ints

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
  40. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Mark was and is much better than Henne, stats tell part of the story.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

nice edit. One of the INTs was a perfect pass that bounced out of the hands of his receiver. he played a great game.