Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | Page 72 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

What's the point of boasting about how much better Sanchez is than Henne? :ponder:

Isn't that like debating which MLB team is better, the Pirates or the Orioles? Then again Sanchize is clearly not in the same league as Brady or Fitzpatrick. :D

Are u putting Brady and Fitzpatrick in the same league? At least for a change, Bills are a little more competitive. Didn't we beat up on you guys twice last year? Including once against ur All World QB?

Im happy that u guys beat the Patriots though. Congrats!

Are u putting Brady and Fitzpatrick in the same league? At least for a change, Bills are a little more competitive. Didn't we beat up on you guys twice last year? Including once against ur All World QB?

Last year, Amy Winehouse was smoking crack. How's she doing this year? Things change son.

And thanks for the classy responses. It was an awful and pathetic losing streak. So close so many times and we couldn't just get over that hump. It's be great to see the Pats fall back in the pack for once.

Last year, Amy Winehouse was smoking crack. How's she doing this year? Things change son.

And thanks for the classy responses. It was an awful and pathetic losing streak. So close so many times and we couldn't just get over that hump. It's be great to see the Pats fall back in the pack for once.
ya, that streak to the pats should have ended 4 games earlier when leodis mckelvin decided to take the ball out of the endzone and fumble it.

No. Brady is in a class by himself. Maybe Peyton's there with him, but nobody else. That said, it's pretty clear that Fitz is next best in the AFCE, leaving Sanchez and Henne fight over the scraps. That's not what you want your supposed franchise QB to be doing.

Ever hear the Springsteen song, Glory Days? Well, that's what a lot of Jets fans sound like this season: they're living on memories. It's like Fin fans basking in their perfect season or Bills fans bringing up their 4 Super Bowl appearances or even Pats fans boasting about their Super Bowl wins. None of those accomplishments are relevant to this season. Supposedly, the Jets were going to trample Oakland because they whooped 'em in 2009 by 35 points. WRONG.

It is literally adorable seeing Bills fans bantering again. However, after the inevitable collapse, the Bills will be, once again, looking up at the Jets and the Patriots in the division by years end. It was a great win, and it couldn't have happened to a better team. But, let's be realistic. The Bills are still 1 or 2 years away from being a solid contender for the division. They are on the right path though. Gailey is killing it.

As for Henne and Sanchez, I thought this was put to bed forever ago. Neither one is or will be a great QB. Sanchez is a good leader and a decent cluth player. He will be a serviceable quarterback for a long long time, but to say he will be great one day, stranger things have happened, and if he wins enough, it could be considered great, but I wouldn't count on it. As far as Henne goes, he is a very very good backup. He can play backup to any QB in the league, but he is not starter material. He has proved it in so many ways.

No. Brady is in a class by himself. Maybe Peyton's there with him, but nobody else. That said, it's pretty clear that Fitz is next best in the AFCE, leaving Sanchez and Henne fight over the scraps. That's not what you want your supposed franchise QB to be doing.

Ever hear the Springsteen song, Glory Days? Well, that's what a lot of Jets fans sound like this season: they're living on memories. It's like Fin fans basking in their perfect season or Bills fans bringing up their 4 Super Bowl appearances or even Pats fans boasting about their Super Bowl wins. None of those accomplishments are relevant to this season. Supposedly, the Jets were going to trample Oakland because they whooped 'em in 2009 by 35 points. WRONG.

I think it is clear throuhg 3 games but 3 games doesn't make a season or a career. I want to wait to see Fitz a)face a touhg D and B) play in a true big game. if he can keep this up and lead the Bills into january I'll move him ahead of Mark.

Glory days? We are talking the most recent history here, we aren't talking about 20-30-40 years ago. 3-0 starts are great but it's a long season, we'll see where you are in Nov/dec.

How is it pretty clear? Cuz Buffalo went 3-0? How many times are u guys going to pick off Brady 4 times in one game? How many times will ur offense score a TD on every possession after the half? How many times do u get to face KC defense? So far, Fitz has faced two below average Ds, and one avg D, just like the Jets. One common opponent is Oakland, and both QBs scored 3 TDs and one pick each. Difference in that game was that Fitz had a great second half while Sanchez' OL couldn't protect him in 2nd half. He still made plays running out of the pocket, but 9 sacks against 1 sack is pretty obvious. I wouldn't be too quick to anoint him the "pretty clear" winner just yet. Fitz does have the edge, but we are barely done with wk 3.

So, I dont see any recent updates from the Jest trolls here?

As I stated, Snatcho is a VERY mediocre QB that was put in an ideal situation, surrounded by an incredible Front line, a running game and a great defense. Put the game on him, and his true mediocracy shows up. He is NOT a better QB than Henne, nor is he worse. They are both in the bottom 10 of QB's I would chose to win a title.

Sanchez is terrible

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

at no point did we have an incredible front line, our Ol has been very good but far from incredible. mark has had one bad game(as awful as it was), his 3 other games were decent. He and the Jets O will be fine.

I heard all offseason how Miami had talent comparable to the Jets, how come Henne can't win? I heard this about Miami the last 2 years as well, how come you couldn't compete for a playoff spot? don't compare our QB having a terrible game w/ the terrible career Henne is having.

at no point did we have an incredible front line, our Ol has been very good but far from incredible. mark has had one bad game(as awful as it was), his 3 other games were decent. He and the Jets O will be fine.

Whatever. It has been welled documented that, especially the last 2 seasons, you had one of the top 3 O-lines in the league. Last night you saw what happens when Snatcho doesnt have that in front of him.
The fact that your FO has spent everything for win it right now dictates that you have ZERO depth anywhere on the field, and last night you saw what that means, plugging UDFA into very important spots.....get used to it.
You're FO has spent future draft picks and maxed out the salary cap to bring in big name, controversial players and now its time to pay the piper. You have played exactly 2 formidable defenses so far this year, and the first one was let down by incredibly bad turn of events. You should be 1-3.

I heard all offseason how Miami had talent comparable to the Jets, how come Henne can't win? I heard this about Miami the last 2 years as well, how come you couldn't compete for a playoff spot? don't compare our QB having a terrible game w/ the terrible career Henne is having.

You didnt hear from me that Miami would compete. Not this year.

My point is, Snatcho is no better than Henne. There are 25 QB's in the league that could surplant either, and I suggest that in Snatcho's place, 20 that might win you a title......

Whatever. It has been welled documented that, especially the last 2 seasons, you had one of the top 3 O-lines in the league. Last night you saw what happens when Snatcho doesnt have that in front of him.
The fact that your FO has spent everything for win it right now dictates that you have ZERO depth anywhere on the field, and last night you saw what that means, plugging UDFA into very important spots.....get used to it.
You're FO has spent future draft picks and maxed out the salary cap to bring in big name, controversial players and now its time to pay the piper. You have played exactly 2 formidable defenses so far this year, and the first one was let down by incredibly bad turn of events. You should be 1-3.

You didnt hear from me that Miami would compete. Not this year.

My point is, Snatcho is no better than Henne. There are 25 QB's in the league that could surplant either, and I suggest that in Snatcho's place, 20 that might win you a title......

There's a huge difference btw top 3 and an Ol as bad as we saw last night. No QB could have survived playing behind that OL.

We are comfortably under the cap and have drafted well for years outside of a pick here and there.

You can't have depth everywhere, we have lost some key guys to injury the last couple of years and had guys step up but it's hard to replace a Nick Mangold.

We should be 2-2, we could be 1-3 or 3-1.

sanchez is much better than henne evn though they both are struggling this year.

Is Sanchez better than Henne? I don't know. Neither one is that great, and I haven't seen much of the Dolphins in the regular season. However, from what I've seen of Sanchez, he bears a striking resemblance to Trent Edwards, except that he's not afraid to throw downfield and he doesn't hold on to the ball quite as long. Even Sanchez' career path seems to follow Edwards': he started out as an excellent rookie; looked to be progressing as a second year pro but didn't do as well as expected; and then just sucked as a third year player. Maybe that's because NFL DCs built up a "book" on both of them so they know how to defense them -- and they aren't good enough to do anything about it.

Miraculously, when Gailey benched Edwards for Fitzpatrick, not only did the Bills OL "improve" but the entire offense did. Same guys, but a whole lot more production with Fitz under center.

Sorry, but Sanchez doesn't get a pass because of his allegedly poor OL. His own poor play is contributing to it.

Is Sanchez better than Henne? I don't know. Neither one is that great, and I haven't seen much of the Dolphins in the regular season. However, from what I've seen of Sanchez, he bears a striking resemblance to Trent Edwards, except that he's not afraid to throw downfield and he doesn't hold on to the ball quite as long. Even Sanchez' career path seems to follow Edwards': he started out as an excellent rookie; looked to be progressing as a second year pro but didn't do as well as expected; and then just sucked as a third year player. Maybe that's because NFL DCs built up a "book" on both of them so they know how to defense them -- and they aren't good enough to do anything about it.

Miraculously, when Gailey benched Edwards for Fitzpatrick, not only did the Bills OL "improve" but the entire offense did. Same guys, but a whole lot more production with Fitz under center.

Sorry, but Sanchez doesn't get a pass because of his allegedly poor OL. His own poor play is contributing to it.

Some of this is accurate, except, Snatcho was NOT an "Excellent Rookie".

The major media outlets all have a MAJOR hard-on for Dirty Snatcho and portray him as something he's NOT.

His rookie season, when all he really had to do was hand-off and make very rudimentary reads and throws, he had exactly 12 TD's against 21 INT's.

As I noticed on a Jest board, Snatcho doesnt have that IT factor, but he does indeed have the INT factor.

There's a huge difference btw top 3 and an Ol as bad as we saw last night. No QB could have survived playing behind that OL.

We are comfortably under the cap and have drafted well for years outside of a pick here and there.

You can't have depth everywhere, we have lost some key guys to injury the last couple of years and had guys step up but it's hard to replace a Nick Mangold.

We should be 2-2, we could be 1-3 or 3-1.

sanchez is much better than henne evn though they both are struggling this year.

You are MAXED on your salary, which is why you have some bum playing center right now.

You gave up your entire draft for Snatcho and Greene. That is NOT a good draft.
D-brick is a pretty good pick, not anywhere in Jake Long's league, but pretty good.
Mangold is gold. No doubt about that.
Love that Vernon Ghoulston pick.
Nugent?
Hell the only real legit pick you've had not named Revis or Mangold, got axed just prior to this season.

Back
Top Bottom