Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | Page 73 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

Some of this is accurate, except, Snatcho was NOT an "Excellent Rookie".

The major media outlets all have a MAJOR hard-on for Dirty Snatcho and portray him as something he's NOT.

His rookie season, when all he really had to do was hand-off and make very rudimentary reads and throws, he had exactly 12 TD's against 21 INT's.

As I noticed on a Jest board, Snatcho doesnt have that IT factor, but he does indeed have the INT factor.

I probably should have said "excellent for a rookie". The press drooled over Edwards almost as much as they did over Sanchez -- and much like they did over Sam Bradford last season and are drooling over Cam Newton this season. What's good for a rookie isn't all that great for a guy who's made 30+ starts. What's forgivable in a rookie or second year QB isn't when he's in his third year as a starter.

I think Sanchez, if you count postseason, has started more games that Ryan Fitzpatrick since Fitz spent 2005-2007 on the bench, finally got some starts in 2008 in Cinci, maybe 8-10 in Buffalo in 2009, and then got the starter's job during the 2010 season and started 13 games. 2011 was the first year he got first team reps in TC.

Sanchez not only got first team reps in 3 TCs, but he's started about 36 games. It's time for him to fish or cut bait.

I probably should have said "excellent for a rookie". The press drooled over Edwards almost as much as they did over Sanchez -- and much like they did over Sam Bradford last season and are drooling over Cam Newton this season. What's good for a rookie isn't all that great for a guy who's made 30+ starts. What's forgivable in a rookie or second year QB isn't when he's in his third year as a starter.

I think Sanchez, if you count postseason, has started more games that Ryan Fitzpatrick since Fitz spent 2005-2007 on the bench, finally got some starts in 2008 in Cinci, maybe 8-10 in Buffalo in 2009, and then got the starter's job during the 2010 season and started 13 games. 2011 was the first year he got first team reps in TC.

Sanchez not only got first team reps in 3 TCs, but he's started about 36 games. It's time for him to fish or cut bait.

Well, that's the bitter sweet you see.

The NY biased media LOVES to drool over Snatcho, even though he really isn't that good.
The fans will live by what drool is published and believe in somebody that really isn't that good.

Sam Bradford IS a very good QB. Very very good. He, almost single handedly, did turn a very bad club very good in his rookie year. Far from what Dirty Snatcho did.

I hate to admit it, but Newton is doing the same thing so far in Carolina. I think he will come back down to earth once coordinators figure him out.

Fitz has NOT gotten the same media bias that Snatcho has, and in my opinion, he is a much better QB. He does all the little things right, where as, Snatcho doesn't even do the little things right. Fitz is finally in a good system for him, and he has tons of opportunity, without all the media over-hype biting at his ankles. Actually, quite the opposite.

Is Sanchez better than Henne? I don't know. Neither one is that great, and I haven't seen much of the Dolphins in the regular season. However, from what I've seen of Sanchez, he bears a striking resemblance to Trent Edwards, except that he's not afraid to throw downfield and he doesn't hold on to the ball quite as long. Even Sanchez' career path seems to follow Edwards': he started out as an excellent rookie; looked to be progressing as a second year pro but didn't do as well as expected; and then just sucked as a third year player. Maybe that's because NFL DCs built up a "book" on both of them so they know how to defense them -- and they aren't good enough to do anything about it.

Miraculously, when Gailey benched Edwards for Fitzpatrick, not only did the Bills OL "improve" but the entire offense did. Same guys, but a whole lot more production with Fitz under center.

Sorry, but Sanchez doesn't get a pass because of his allegedly poor OL. His own poor play is contributing to it.

I love Bills fans getting ****y b/c they wona couple of games.

sanchez like Trent Edwards:lol: Name me a single big game Edwards ever won?

Sanchez has had one bad game! you guys make your judgements on one game, it's beyond ridiculous.

Buf's Ol did not play as poorly as our OL played the other night, the great fitz led you to 4 wins a year ago.

You are MAXED on your salary, which is why you have some bum playing center right now.

You gave up your entire draft for Snatcho and Greene. That is NOT a good draft.
D-brick is a pretty good pick, not anywhere in Jake Long's league, but pretty good.
Mangold is gold. No doubt about that.
Love that Vernon Ghoulston pick.
Nugent?
Hell the only real legit pick you've had not named Revis or Mangold, got axed just prior to this season.

maxed out? how are we maxed out w. $8.5 mil in cap room?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/04/updated-cap-numbers-as-of-monday/

We have up a 2nd rd pick for sanchez, it wa an absolute heist.

brick not in Long's league:lol:

You don't follow football, do you?

I love Bills fans getting ****y b/c they wona couple of games.

sanchez like Trent Edwards:lol: Name me a single big game Edwards ever won?

Sanchez has had one bad game! you guys make your judgements on one game, it's beyond ridiculous.

Buf's Ol did not play as poorly as our OL played the other night, the great fitz led you to 4 wins a year ago.

maxed out? how are we maxed out w. $8.5 mil in cap room?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/04/updated-cap-numbers-as-of-monday/

We have up a 2nd rd pick for sanchez, it wa an absolute heist.

brick not in Long's league:lol:

You don't follow football, do you?

I've been following football probably longer than you have been alive.... I just have the luxery of NOT living under the media shroud that clouds your eyes and judgement.

1 bad game? Really?

He has had 2 good games and you make him out to be the next coming of Joe Namath...which, to date, he's probably better, cause Namath only had 1 good game.

I've been following football probably longer than you have been alive.... I just have the luxery of NOT living under the media shroud that clouds your eyes and judgement.

1 bad game? Really?

He has had 2 good games and you make him out to be the next coming of Joe Namath...which, to date, he's probably better, cause Namath only had 1 good game.

Following and understanding are two different things.

I amn not influenced by the media, I make my own judgements while watching.

Show me the post where I said Sanchez was great or where I made him out to be something he's not?

Following and understanding are two different things.

I amn not influenced by the media, I make my own judgements while watching.

Show me the post where I said Sanchez was great or where I made him out to be something he's not?

Cmon Junky, you and I have been down this road in the past. Its been a few years, but I promise you we have.
You haven't said that verbatim in this particular thread, but are you REALLY going to hold me to task in combing over your 19,000 posts?

Tell me, in your un-media, ever knowing understanding of the position, what exactly makes a QB a good QB?

His QB rating?
His TD-INT ratio?
His winning percentage?
Yardage?

You are obviously the one that understands football, I only follow it....

Cmon Junky, you and I have been down this road in the past. Its been a few years, but I promise you we have.
You haven't said that verbatim in this particular thread, but are you REALLY going to hold me to task in combing over your 19,000 posts?

Tell me, in your un-media, ever knowing understanding of the position, what exactly makes a QB a good QB?

His QB rating?
His TD-INT ratio?
His winning percentage?
Yardage?

You are obviously the one that understands football, I only follow it....

You can look up all my posts and you will never find one where I called him great or even said that he would be great b/c it's something I have never said or written ever.

What makes a good QB? There are a million factors, #s tell part of the story but for me I look at how guys perform when their teams need them most, how they perform in pressure situations, how they perfrom in pressure games- in the biggest games. I'll take a guy like sanchez '10 w/ lesser #s who plays his best in big spots over a #s guy who melts under the bright lights. if a guy is putting up #s in garbage time that doesn't impress me, if a guy is constantly playing and beating bad teams but struggles against top teams that doesn't impress me. It impresses the average fan who just looks at fantasy #s but how did that QB accumulate those #s? what situations? That means more to me than anything else. Sanchez played much better than his #s a year ago and through the first 3 weeks this year he played much worse than his #s.

Which is obviously why they have been losing. Sanchez is not a QB you can rely on to win you games. You're only proving our point, Skippy.

We are 2-2 losing 2 road games to quality teams., we aren't "losing". This team will be fine, no QB could have had success w/ our OL the other night.

I always thought that Sanchez would be the guy to get hurt long term first(between Henne and Sanchez)..

I know Henne's line is awful but hey

another check mark for Sanchez

Durability

Which is obviously why they have been losing. Sanchez is not a QB you can rely on to win you games. You're only proving our point, Skippy.

Six 4th quarter comebacks last year ... But Sanchez is NOT a QB we can rely on to win games. He could have had SEVEN 4th quarter comebacks.

Six 4th quarter comebacks last year ... But Sanchez is NOT a QB we can rely on to win games. He could have had SEVEN 4th quarter comebacks.

You SERIOUSLY need to review those games. He had more to do with almost blowing them than winning them.

I love the numbers myself. He didnt rank higher than 15th in ANY meaningful stat since entering the league, and has been very steadily ranked 28th currently this year, 27th last year and 28th in 2009 for QB rating.

Now I know those of you that prefer to constantly spell out your teams name, or throw urine bombs would pooh-pooh that number, but when you go and really study the list, and see who is at the top, especially the top 10 each and every year, it's very apparent that there is at least some logic there....not that I would expect you to look for it....or find it........or even understand it.

Truth is, the system that is barricaded around Snatcho, and the position he has been set in to not fail, he still is...and I find it VERY entertaining

You SERIOUSLY need to review those games. He had more to do with almost blowing them than winning them.

I love the numbers myself. He didnt rank higher than 15th in ANY meaningful stat since entering the league, and has been very steadily ranked 28th currently this year, 27th last year and 28th in 2009 for QB rating.

Now I know those of you that prefer to constantly spell out your teams name, or throw urine bombs would pooh-pooh that number, but when you go and really study the list, and see who is at the top, especially the top 10 each and every year, it's very apparent that there is at least some logic there....not that I would expect you to look for it....or find it........or even understand it.

Truth is, the system that is barricaded around Snatcho, and the position he has been set in to not fail, he still is...and I find it VERY entertaining

Please give the examples of how he was more responsible for almost blowing those games rather than pulling them out?

I've said before, Sanchez (at least up until this season) has been better than Henne (in a way that scurvy has been better than shingles). Aw hell, realisitically probably still is if you plug the realization that Sanchez would likely be the backup on 18-24 teams NFL teams at last count.. while Henne likely even more than that. Still while a 2nd degree burn might feel better than a 3rd, it's still gonna sting like an SOB

I don't think the argument is sanchez vs henne anymore really. I think sanchez is marginally better than henne. who gives a rip. NFL network analyst said it best tonight. something along the lines of, sanchez won't/can't win games by himself. this year the jets defense is less than dominant, and they are losing games. because they don't have a qb who can take over. they have an average qb, and without the help of a top defense, they are under .500....

lets face it, it doesn't really mean much to be better than henne. If you take off the home glasses, you can probably realize they are basically interchangeable. both wont take over a game, both can and will LOSE a game, and both need everything to go right for an entire game to win. I don't think it's a stretch to say that the records of the two teams would be any different if they swapped qbs.

Back
Top Bottom