Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X12: Ongoing Henne vs. Sanchez Debate...

16phinsrfast

Art Damage
Reaction score
Check out the comments, these kids/adults are friggin ridiculious. All Sanchez over there. One comment said henne would struggle Alot and another said Sanchez can take the Jets 11-5....where has football logic gone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Be happy we are in a discussion. The jets get more press, and I doubt most talking knew Henne was on the Dolphins or even a QB for that matter. You are looking for logic on a podcast? Relax...

Personally, I'm happy the Miami / Jet rivalry is coming back in a big way.

Relax? First off its a general question not an overall outlloOk I was searching. Also in a debate over two rival quarterbacks a logical comparison is always nice to read aside from "henne sucks" "jets d number 1" "sanchez has this/that" just say'n

You won't find many, if any, people who would say the Dolphins had a better recieving corp than the Jets did last year. On top of that the Jets had the #1 defense and a better running game and yet with all that Henne completed a higher percentage of passes, had as many TDs in less games, threw for more yards and had less interceptions but Sun-chez is somehow the second coming. Whatever....

Hey. It's not really fair because Henne sat a year and learned behind one of the smartest QB's of all time in Chad Pennington. Mark Sanchez came in as a rookie and started. A year (or more) on the bench has does good for a lot of payers (Tom Brady, Steve Young, Brett Favre, etc). Not comparing Henne with those players, but just again pointing out the positives of sitting & learning.

Edit: So who do you think would perform better, rookie Henne or second year Henne? If you guys started rookie Henne in 2008 would you have gone 11-5? I very much doubt it.

With the same wr's as sanchez, he would of done better his rookie year. A quarterback is only as good as his line and his wr let him be.

Is Sanchez even the third best in the division? I think not.

Just wait till they miss Jones and Washington and Faneca. We are loaded for the future and they got older.

Is Sanchez even the third best in the division? I think not.

Sanchez was the only rookie to play in the AFC east at QB last season. No slack being cut for that I guess? A second year QB who sat on the bench and learned behind a QB who was damn near a Rhodes Scholar, should be better than a rookie QB. By this logic Henne should be better than Sanchez. The fact that this is even a discussion is a loss for Henne.

If the comparisons are for the 2010 season than I feel that both quarterbacks have good weapons surroUnding them for strong offensive showings. The Q's for the Jets are the loss of jones/washington/faneca. The Q! For miami is Henne. All the pieces are there and if he fullfills than Henne has more of a chance for success years too come. Sanchez has a reciever whos as inconsistant as ted ginn in edwards. A running back who has shown hes lost alot and a huge part of the oline that can create a kink in their chain. Ill give the nod to the michagin kid whos even keel. Chad "Touchpass" henne?? Haha well find out come TC.

Sanchez got every first team snap in the preseason, Henne was thrown into his first game with no first-teram practice. No slack being cut for that?

Clearly Pennington is better than Sanchez, and I think he's still better than Henne. I don't have a problem at all with Henne starting though.

Eifmp..... Jets have a d which in turn helps the offense. Numbers wise henne was the better QB. Miamis d making him play catch up and a senile OC didnt help Hennes cause either.

Check out the comments, these kids/adults are friggin ridiculious. All Sanchez over there. One comment said henne would struggle Alot and another said Sanchez can take the Jets 11-5....where has football logic gone?

Comments aside, i loved the flip flopping Tim Graham did.

Graham jumped on there, talking about how Sanchez is the better QB because he has more success and more experience and how he liked how he played in the championship game....though to be fair he then commented that neither Henne nor Sanchez are really anything special, just solid but never elite.

The host Jay Soderberg came out swinging, saying Henne was clearly the better quarterback with bigger upside, tougher, a better thrower and will be a top 10 QB in the league, multiple pro-bowler, and its not really debatable.

Graham quickly speaks up saying "oh, i agree, its how you phrase the question". When the guy writing the articles is so quick to jump sides, it might just be the people in the comments that are more logical.

Back
Top Bottom