Merged X3: The Official Julius Peppers Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X3: The Official Julius Peppers Thread

SSMITH24

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Julius peppers to miami?

JULIUS PEPPERS TO DOLPHINS?: Defensive end Julius Peppers, unlikely to be re-signed by Carolina, reportedly is coveted or at least being considered by the Browns, Falcons, Redskins, Chiefs, Bears and Packers, with speculation about a Patriots-Jets bidding war also out there. Why not Miami? The timing seems right. Peppers, five-time Pro Bowl'er, just turned 30 (has some prime left), is coming off a 10.5-sack season and wants to play in a 3-4 defense, which the Dolphins use. Also, with Joey Porter griping to get out of town and Jason Taylor in his career's winter, Miami could use a sacks infusion right now.

This was a blog written by Greg Cote..... Never no it could happen....

Doubt it. If we're gonna shell out for a "star" LB it's going to be Dansby.

Won't happen IMO because he will cost a Ton of money to sign. I really do think Wake is going to be a sack machine for Miami and I'm sure they'll sign or draft some other guys at OLB.

Ya i dont think it will happen but it would be pretty exciting....

Even though he wants to play in a 3-4 he never has. At age 30 it wont be so easy to adjust. Yeah Jason Taylor made the adjustment but was never as good as he was before.

To me and of course this is only my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. Miami better address ILB first because the play at that position has to be upgraded if they want to run a 3-4, second is free safety and then nose.

OLB/DE can wait a year IMO.

If the jets or pats land him im gonna be heated....

Doubt it. If we're gonna shell out for a "star" LB it's going to be Dansby.

Exactly, and Peppers is going to be extremely expensive, with a pretty long contract, which will kill the team that signs him once there is a salary cap again.

Dansby would be a much better choice, even though it would also be a dream that would be tough to happen.

No. Paying a huge contract to try and convert a 30 year old DE into an OLB would be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of. Please, let him go to the Jets or the Patriots. Let them learn the hard way.

Won't happen. Guys like Peppers and Dansby are going to get of our price range pretty quickly. Especially in an uncapped year.

I dont no this is are 3rd year under the tuna i have a feeling were gonna make a splash...

Relatively speaking, Wake is better than Ayodele/Crowder. Therefore Dansby is the better fit than Peppers.

Not down for Peppers...he has NEVER played in the 3-4 and hes pretty old and is known for taking plays off..

JULIUS PEPPERS TO DOLPHINS?: Defensive end Julius Peppers, unlikely to be re-signed by Carolina, reportedly is coveted or at least being considered by the Browns, Falcons, Redskins, Chiefs, Bears and Packers, with speculation about a Patriots-Jets bidding war also out there. Why not Miami? The timing seems right. Peppers, five-time Pro Bowl'er, just turned 30 (has some prime left), is coming off a 10.5-sack season and wants to play in a 3-4 defense, which the Dolphins use. Also, with Joey Porter griping to get out of town and Jason Taylor in his career's winter, Miami could use a sacks infusion right now.

This was a blog written by Greg Cote..... Never no it could happen....
Peppers is exactly like the Porter signing 3 years ago....to little,to late.....the timing couldnt be more screwed up.....

Back
Top Bottom