Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami.. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami..

Phinz4Life said:
If Law's goal is an another SB, why so much money?
Exactly! Don't you love these guys that say they are all about the love of the game and winning championships, but then say they are looking to get PAID! Ty, either you want to win or get paid. You might be able to do both, but don't say it's only about winning and ask for a $10 mill Signing Bonus ...

fishfan34 said:
Exactly! Don't you love these guys that say they are all about the love of the game and winning championships, but then say they are looking to get PAID! Ty, either you want to win or get paid. You might be able to do both, but don't say it's only about winning and ask for a $10 mill Signing Bonus ...

In the NFL with the salary cap players are going to have to take pay cuts or ask for less money if they are in it to win a SB its plain and simple. How in the heck is Miami going to afford McNair and Ty how can they afford just Ty? He is just running his mouth he wants to come to Miami for a big fat pay check and be at home that is all it is. :shakeno:

We can spend less money on good CB's in this league about as good as Law. I would take McNair for a season if he gets hurt we still would have Gus and draft a young QB so he would be ready in 07.

McNair.... yes, Law yes if Saban feels he can't get a pretty good corner in this years draft. Law wouldn't be bad with a 2 year deal... I'm for it.

madmic21 said:
Man all this speculation is getting old. I just wonder why we would waste money and other resources to sign Mcnair. I could possibly get hurt miss the season and leave us with another year where we get nothing done at the qb position. I really don't think that he will get us any closer to a Ring. He hasn't really got the Titans anywhere.

mcnair is old and fragile......... but he was on a HORRIBLE titans team.... couple years ago when they had talent and a decent line they/he were good.... if he gets a good squad a la dolphins he may be able to stay healthier and get the job done due to better talent surrounding him..... im not saying he is the answer, but you cant pit the titans lack of success on his shoulders....

Excuse me but are we building for the future here or what? McNair is a has been.

Now I'm the biggest Brock Marion fan that still admits it, but i also admit we let him go when he he only had 1/16th left in the tank. Mcnair = 1/16th in the tank. NO FRIGGIN WAY NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Law is saying this crap to screw us up into the future.

I'd be willing to let ricky and terrrell on the team befor him, uhh well only one of those came true so far

I'm not so sure aboyt Steve but I'd like for us to have Law but 10 million bonus?...I'd rather give that kind of money to Bentley or Huchinson....sorry if anyonew posted this cos I didn't read the whole thread.

Ozzy rules!!

dkenned1 said:
Excuse me but are we building for the future here or what? McNair is a has been.

Now I'm the biggest Brock Marion fan that still admits it, but i also admit we let him go when he he only had 1/16th left in the tank. Mcnair = 1/16th in the tank. NO FRIGGIN WAY NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Law is saying this crap to screw us up into the future.

I'd be willing to let ricky and terrrell on the team befor him, uhh well only one of those came true so far

You know people coming on to say McNair is a has been without offering a shred of support for that position is way out of hand.

It's easy to say anything, "Dan Marino was always overrated" "Jamar Fletcher is the best draft choice the Dolphins ever made." "The 1972 Dolphins lost three games".

See? Easy. Supporting such opinions? Harder.

Air McNair they dont give him that name for no reason but can he not get injured .... He is a gamble but i will take it abecause he has good numbers with a crappy offense He made the probowl with just throwing to tight ends the whole year.... He has alot of experience especially in the playoffs.... Great leader...... O and I love the hand jesture he does when he scores a TD the air mcnair ears...LOL.. CHAMBERS, GIVENS, BooKER , AND MCmichael we are SB BOUND 2007

Ty Law IMO will not be in a Phins uniform next year unless he really is wanting another ring and not a --> 10 Million Dollar Bonus <--
Law is 32, how many year deal ya think he will sign to get that kinda bonus? 5 years maybe... Think he will be playing well enough at 37? Doubt it.
I think Law is still a top corner and would contribute well to the team (For one or 2 years). I don't think we will sign him to a large contract. Soooo Law is just wishful thinking.

McNair is more accurate then Gus, Younger by bout 1.5 years, and more mobile.

McNair has started at least 14 games every year but 2 ('99,'04) since '97
Gus started 13 games in '97, then basically a back-up till '05 for us and started 15.

Neither are locks to have an injury free season.

Gus has one advantage I can think of over McNair and that is he has played one year in Miami and can build on that chemistry. But Gus will be 35 when the season starts, will he physically be able to build on what he did last year?

McNair is really the only 30something QB out there that I think can be a servicable QB in Miami(Talent and Availiablity). Football is a business though. So before I talk ya into wanting to pick up McNair(if the opprotunity arrises), what is the price gonna be? That is the more viable question here.

I think McNair would be a nice upgrade if we are looking to nab a 30something vet in FA this year at a decent price for 2-4 years.

We have more holes to fill then CB and QB and they all cost cash =)

just my 2 cents.

Go Phins !!!

One good thing about all this pre-FA speculation is that I have trust that Saban will do the right thing.

Something I did not have with JJ or Wanny.

TrueDolFan said:
This is just silly. McNair is just about done. He can't stay healthy, and he's in the twilight of his career! Hell no to McNair.
Law is as good as they come at the CB position, but he's only got a few years left, too. And unless he is willing to take a big pay cut to play here, I don't see it happening.

I agree he is about done, but he is better than Gus. And Law is better than Madison, and if we release Madison we will need a vet corner. Why not one of the best in the league ?

flip said:
Please tell me we are not gonna bring Mcnugget here. Hey isnt Mcnair a womens hair remover. Isnt he like 90. Gus just won 6 straight games not to mention he beat the Broncos and the Panthers and if Ronnie didnt fumble that 1st game against Buffalo we would have won that to. We just made real good progress with Gus i would hate to go backwards with hot air Mcnair.

S. McNair 61.3 3161 6.64 16 3.4 11 2.3 82.4 Age 32

G. Frerotte 52.0 2996 6.07 18 3.6 13 2.6 71.9 Age 34

First of all McNair is younger than Gus. Secondly, please let's not pretend that Gus won us games. I admit that he is the best QB we have had since Marino, but that is really not saying much. Now I expect that we draft a young QB this year, that plays in two, so we only need a QB for one, maybe two years. So who is better for that, McNair or Gus ? Well I know who is more respected in this league, McNair. You don't hear Law saying, well they got Gus there so they are a Super Bowl competitor. Come on now. McNair is better than Gus period. We are fools if we think Gus will build on this year, and be better next year. He is a backup QB !

Steve McNair is still an EXCELLENT QB. The Titans had 2 rookies and Tyrone Calico at WR last year. Calico has been injury plagued so far in his career and McNair had to then deal with 2 rookie WR's as starters. McNair has always been excellent at utilizing his TE's when Wycheck was there and last year with Troupe and Kinney. McNair maximizes the talent around him to play at his level. He does not eye ball only 1 WR, he scans the entire field and throws the ball to the best matchup.

With McNair, McMichael will have a career year which in turn opens up opportunities for everyone else.

If McNair is available, I don't see how Saban could pass up on this leader. This is a QB that I had as the BEST QB in the NFL about 3-4 years ago. A couple of injuries and decayed talent around him has made him a forgotten man. This guy still has alot left in the tank.

I did not forget about McNair.

Back
Top Bottom