Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami.. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x4: mcnair and law to Miami..

Its amazing, one player in hawaii spits out something out of nowhere and suddenly, Ty law knows what Nick Saban is going to do. And then everyone in creation runs with it.........amazing!

jaxdolfan said:
One good thing about all this pre-FA speculation is that I have trust that Saban will do the right thing.

Something I did not have with JJ or Wanny.

:yeahthat:

I just love how some people get so upset about other peoples opinions. Saying things like whats wrong with you people and saying that their opinion is the only one that matters. Put your faith in Saban and go with whatever the team decides. Thats what real fans do.

marino2duper73 said:
I'm simply pointing out that DW wasn't even a serviceable quarterback, he was good becasue his cast around him made him good. Gus isn't as bad as everyone thiinks. I agree he isn't our next Dan Marino, no one will ever be...But I don't remember anyone complaining about Gus when he was having success. Only when he had failure. I say give Gus a break, bring in a vet to COMPETE for the starting job, and draft a future QB. If a QB is all we need to get to a Super Bowl, we would have made the playoffs last year without one. think about it.

Then you didn't read all the posts...the guy was horribly inaccurate the majority of the year. IF....Saban upgrades the #3 WR and shores up the OL, he might be enough to get us another win or two, but he is also susceptible to having strings of bad games (like games 4-10 this year, among others). That has been his MO and that's what we'll get....SuperBowl talk with Gus is so far from reality, based on his play, it's just a pipe dream to think that way...

t2thejz said:
IDK if I'm sold on Mcnair being able to play a full season again, Id' still rather sign Kitna to a 2 year deal

KITNA!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude you dont watch much footabll do you:sidelol: :sidelol:

DBoston80 said:
KITNA!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude you dont watch much footabll do you:sidelol: :sidelol:

DBoston, how do you get the smilies on your posts? Ever since they did come changes on the site last week, I haven't been able to click on them.

I have to admit....I wouldn't be crazy about todays Steve McNair (although it would have been awesome to have him 4 years ago).

BUT, I don't want someone like Brett Favre anywhere near this team so if McNair is the best option...then I'll take him. I'm also not opposed to keeping Frerotte for another year. I think he did a pretty good job for the most part.

I realistically see the team like this:

QB - Frerotte, Jacobs (or a different rookie), Lemon
RB - Brown, Williams, Minor
FB - Barnes, Morris
WR - Chambers, Booker, Bloom, Welker, Gilmore
TE - McMichael, Diamond, Holmes
RT - Carey
RG - Hadnot
C - Bentley
LG - James
LT - Alabi

DE - Taylor, Bowens
DT - Adams, Vickerson
DT - Wright, Zgonina, Holliday
DE - Carter, Roth
OLB - Crowder, Pope
MLB - Thomas, Glenn
OLB - Greenway, Spragan
CB - Poole, Mitchell
CB - Daniels, Townsend
SS - Tillman, Bullocks
FS - Schulters, Bell

K - Mare
P - Jones
KR/PR - Welker/Bloom

in this case we draft:

1st - Greenway
2nd - Jacobs
3rd - Bullocks
4th - Bloom

and pick-up:
Sam Adams
LeCharles Bentley
DeShea Townsend

we only get a couple of big free agents which is likely to happen (last year we got Schulters, Carter, Holliday, and Frerotte)

Firemedic18 said:
:yeahthat:

I just love how some people get so upset about other peoples opinions. Saying things like whats wrong with you people and saying that their opinion is the only one that matters. Put your faith in Saban and go with whatever the team decides. Thats what real fans do.

I agree.

nick1 said:
in this case we draft:

1st - Greenway
2nd - Jacobs
3rd - Bullocks
4th - Bloom

and pick-up:
Sam Adams
LeCharles Bentley
DeShea Townsend

we only get a couple of big free agents which is likely to happen (last year we got Schulters, Carter, Holliday, and Frerotte)

Jacobs has taken alot of criticism this offseason...so much that he may slip to the fourth round. FYI.

KuchaMucha said:
Jacobs has taken alot of criticism this offseason...so much that he may slip to the fourth round. FYI.
than we take Croyle in the 2nd, I think either way we take a QB in the 2nd and BPA in the 1st

LarryFinFan said:
Then you didn't read all the posts...the guy was horribly inaccurate the majority of the year. IF....Saban upgrades the #3 WR and shores up the OL, he might be enough to get us another win or two, but he is also susceptible to having strings of bad games (like games 4-10 this year, among others). That has been his MO and that's what we'll get....SuperBowl talk with Gus is so far from reality, based on his play, it's just a pipe dream to think that way...

Pass that pipe.....i do not think that we cant reach the SB bc of Gus...

I believe that continuity will be better this year, which was part of the problem last year.

TrueDolFan said:
Are YOU kidding? He's an old, injury prone, halfway decent QB. He is NOT the saviour of the Miami Dolphins!
Now stop this McNair nonsense!

yes daddy:shakeno:

Yea, It seems like it's all Laws opinion on what Miami is capable. Do any of you think that we area superbowl team (not a playoff team a SUPERBOWL TEAM) with the aquisition of Ty Law and Steve McNair? I dont doubt it makes us legit especially if you add owens into the mix but I still think the SB is a stretch. Another thing is lets say thats the quick fix and we get to the playoffs/superbowl next season, how long would we be good for? 1 year maybe 2? Our team is not getting any younger and I thought we were in the process of building a DYNASTY!!!!

Yeah Mcnair looked great in the probowl especially since the D can't blitz. I would make him the highest paid qb for the next 6 years and cut Sam , Zach and not resign anyone or worry about any FA's as long as the great Mcnair can lead us like he did the AFC. Man the way Steve has played the last 20 years I would even trade Ricky and Ronnie to make sure no body takes the ball from his hands.

Back
Top Bottom