Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread

I'd be shocked if the Fins gave up a 1st n 3rd for Austin but to say there's no way Parcells would do that isnt accurate. After wasting a 2nd rounder on a 3rd string QB last draft there's nothing that's impossible with this regime.

Thank you... Noone wants to think that this regime can screw up because they either ignore or choose to forget the Pat White fiasco... Don't get me wrong, I love BP and what his crew is doing but clearly they are capable of bone head moves.

Combine Rumor: Boldin will finally be delt

Combine rumor: Boldin will finally get dealt

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 25, 2010 7:11 PM ET
It's always been a career goal of mine to pass along some nebulous "buzz" or "word on the street" that a respectable journalist would be too responsible to write.

My time has come.

The chatter at the Scouting Combine from a few places is that Anquan Boldin will finally get traded this offseason.

The notion isn't much different from what I wrote on the topic Wednesday, but now it's coming from people who know what they are talking about.

The Cardinals held out for a big trade package for Boldin last offseason and never came close to dealing him.

The feeling now is that they will accept less for him for a variety of reasons. Boldin has only one year left on his deal, his body takes the punishment of a running back, and Steve Breaston has proven to be a reliable starter.

While Boldin's health is a question mark, he's only 29 years old and is known as a great locker room leader. Baltimore tops the list of teams that will be interested and Miami also makes sense.

The Cardinals wanted a first and a third-round pick last year. With his trade value down, perhaps a second-round pick and change could seal the deal.

Expect to hear a lot more about Boldin in the build up to April's draft. This time, it should pay off in a trade.

Boldin or Bryant would IMO solve Miami's WR problem. Yea we still need that young stud WR, but next year's WR crop is amazing, and we will use our 1st then on a WR (unless Ginn FINALLY shows up consistently . . one more year.).

I wouldn't do Boldin for more than a 3rd, dude is injury prone in recent years, and u can't risk a 2nd rounder on it.

It might be unrealistic to get both players.

But if I had a choice between Antonio Bryant for zero draft picks, and Anquan Boldin for a second round pick, I take Antonio Bryant.

no way for a 2nd. I want Boldin to be a Fin pretty badly, but not for that cost.
A 3rd and you got yourself a deal!

That's a tough one if Henne develops a little more, the ground attack keeps going, adding Boldin could make this a top offense but this defense is such a mess. Can't they just take a 3rd and a lower pick? How about Bess and a 3rd:lol: How about Bess and a 3rd and a 5th?

where do these beat writers around the country pull these draft consideration estimates from? Boldin for a 2nd? Try hell no....as in not even close....for any suitor. Nobody was willing to give a first for him last year. He was injured again this year and is a year older. There are questions about his ability to stay healthy and be a true #1. Next, compare the number of WR in history who have fetched high draft picks and it is slim. Boldin is worth a mid-low 3rd. Maybe even 4th. Absolutely no more.

Agree with most of the sentiment stated here already.

No chance we are in a position to give up our 2nd round pick for Boldin.

If someone like the Ravens wants to, then fine, we aren't getting him.

If it's a 3rd plus a late round pick then maybe we can get involved.

But we just have too many holes to deal our 2nd rounder for an older player.

i would trade the second for boldin and here's why, a lot of teams would like to trade up to our spot, were outside of the top 10, but high enough for someone to wanna jump up and ensure they get that one player, whoever it may be...

id be willing to trade down in the first and pick up another second, so long as were in the top 15 of the second again. in my opinion, with the late first round pick we just acquired, we draft cam thomas. yup. reach for the nose tackle. in the second round, take whoever the best friggin linebacker is. i think sean weatherspoon would be awesome if he drops. brandon spikes could fall. jerry hughes should be in the 2nd round but how far idk. micah johnson, kion wilson, A.J Edds. maybe im way off but this seems like a smart way to not only grab boldin, and solidify the nose tackle with a good player even though we reach, but we also still have the 2nd rounder, and there should be enough depth at LB for to get 1 of the top 5 ILBs or OLBs with the amount of DE's who can also play 3-4 olb. im sure well get a few good ones even in the 2nd/3rd/4th rounds

i would trade the second for boldin and here's why, a lot of teams would like to trade up to our spot, were outside of the top 10, but high enough for someone to wanna jump up and ensure they get that one player, whoever it may be...

id be willing to trade down in the first and pick up another second, so long as were in the top 15 of the second again. in my opinion, with the late first round pick we just acquired, we draft cam thomas. yup. reach for the nose tackle. in the second round, take whoever the best friggin linebacker is. i think sean weatherspoon would be awesome if he drops. brandon spikes could fall. jerry hughes should be in the 2nd round but how far idk. micah johnson, kion wilson, A.J Edds. maybe im way off but this seems like a smart way to not only grab boldin, and solidify the nose tackle with a good player even though we reach, but we also still have the 2nd rounder, and there should be enough depth at LB for to get 1 of the top 5 ILBs or OLBs with the amount of DE's who can also play 3-4 olb. im sure well get a few good ones even in the 2nd/3rd/4th rounds

Well, there are a couple issues with that.

First of all, trading down is all fine and good, but it's not a gurantee you can find someone to trade with.

And, the number of teams that pick late in the first but also in the Top 15 of the second is pretty limited (what, 2 or 3 teams MAX?)

And then, with all that, you want to reach for Cam Thomas in the late first? When there is a very good chance he is a reach in the mid second? I can't get behind that either. Why not take the linebacker in the late first when you have a shot at someone like a Brandon Graham, and then just take the DT in the second?

Anyways, I just think trading the second for Boldin doesn't make a whole lot of sense for us.

It might be unrealistic to get both players.

But if I had a choice between Antonio Bryant for zero draft picks, and Anquan Boldin for a second round pick, I take Antonio Bryant.
This. Boldin certainly isn't worth a 2nd, and not a 3rd either. I'll take Bryant for 0 draft picks anyday. They're almost the same player with Bryant a better deep threat...

i think you're right trading down and getting a high 2nd is like impossible didnt really think that one through. i was also kind of assuming that mcclain and graham were gone but and i like cam thomas, as do a lot of people on finheaven, they say hes on the rise and will go in the early 2nd now

Back
Top Bottom