Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Anquan Boldin Thread

i think you're right trading down and getting a high 2nd is like impossible didnt really think that one through. i was also kind of assuming that mcclain and graham were gone but and i like cam thomas, as do a lot of people on finheaven, they say hes on the rise and will go in the early 2nd now

I'm with you on Cam Thomas in the 2nd. I could get behind that. I'm a fan of his myself. But I'm also thinking he will still be there for us in the 2nd. No need to reach into the first for him.

It might be unrealistic to get both players.

But if I had a choice between Antonio Bryant for zero draft picks, and Anquan Boldin for a second round pick, I take Antonio Bryant.

Yeah, I agree, not for a 2nd round pick. But for a 3rd? I'd rather have Boldin. It just feels funny how TB is just letting Bryant walk away without even attempting to make an offer. Does this also point to you that TB is targeting Dez at #3? Sure smells like it to me.

I'm pretty sure Baltimore will outbid us by offering their 2nd and a player. We won't go any higher than our 3rd and maybe a player.

And D. Bryant will be gone by #12. For sure.

Like him or not, it's looking more and more like A. Bryant will be as good as we can get, in all reality.

Maybe a trade down with the Cardinals and Boldin as compensation would work. We could wind up with Boldin and maybe Brandon Graham, Dan Williams or Jermain Gresham. That would work for me.

Maybe a trade down with the Cardinals and Boldin as compensation would work. We could wind up with Boldin and maybe Brandon Graham, Dan Williams or Jermain Gresham. That would work for me.

Don't sleep on signing Ben Watson, passing on Antonio Bryant, trying but "if" failing to obtain Boldin (which I think BAL will wait for D Thomas in the first round and we will end up with Boldin for our 3rd rounder)...and us trading down a few slots in the 1st round, obtaining an extra 3rd round pick and drafting Demayrius Thomas in the mid first round.

Now I think we will end up with Boldin. But the team that poses the most threat is BAL. So if they end up trading there 2nd rounder for him, we can end up trading down in the first with a team who like Spiller or something and grab Demayrius Thomas, just saying...

This. Boldin certainly isn't worth a 2nd, and not a 3rd either. I'll take Bryant for 0 draft picks anyday. They're almost the same player with Bryant a better deep threat...

This is comical. Anquan Boldin is on his way to the HOF, whereas Bryant (incosistent AND a bad attitude) has only had one good season. Anquan Boldin has the highest yards per game average of ALL TIME. Ahead of Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, Jerry Rice, TO, etc. He is definitley worth the 3rd.

This is comical. Anquan Boldin is on his way to the HOF, whereas Bryant (incosistent AND a bad attitude) has only had one good season. Anquan Boldin has the highest yards per game average of ALL TIME. Ahead of Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, Jerry Rice, TO, etc. He is definitley worth the 3rd.
:lol: at Boldin on his way to the HOF. You don't really believe that right? You do realize that Boldin can not stay healthy right? His style of play won't allow it. And Boldin has a bad attitude as well. I've seen him yelling at the coach many a time. Like I said, they are both practically the same type of player. Physical, pick up YAC. I'll easily take Bryant for no picks over Boldin for a high pick. We don't need Boldin to occupy the sidelines with Ronnie.

:lol: at Boldin on his way to the HOF. You don't really believe that right? You do realize that Boldin can not stay healthy right? His style of play won't allow it. And Boldin has a bad attitude as well. I've seen him yelling at the coach many a time. Like I said, they are both practically the same type of player. Physical, pick up YAC. I'll easily take Bryant for no picks over Boldin for a high pick. We don't need Boldin to occupy the sidelines with Ronnie.

a fricking 3rd round pick isnt that valuable, Boldin is worth it.

who has Miami drafted in the 3rd round in the last 5 years thats done good?

a fricking 3rd round pick isnt that valuable, Boldin is worth it.

who has Miami drafted in the 3rd round in the last 5 years thats done good?
Right. 5 years is irrelevent since this is a whole new FO. But this FO drafted Kendall Langford who's turned into a very good DE. A 3rd round pick isn't valuable :lol:. Right, no need for a high draft pick whatsoever. We have enough injury prone players on offense, say no to Boldin.

Boldin averages 13 games per season and only missed 1 game last season. Just because they showed Boldin yelling at his coach once on ESPN does not count as "many a time" either. Plus, why do you think Bryant gets jettisoned out of every town he's been to sans Cleveland? Dallas, SF, and now Tampa Bay doesn't want any part of him. Tampa Bay, the team with Michael Clayton and Maurice Stovall as their best WR's! And remember, Bryant is currently having knee problems and didn't even look fully recovered this past season. Two 1,000 yard seasons over his entire career, which is Chris Chambers-like. Boldin has five 1,000 yard seasons out of seven seasons played. Not to mention Bryant has a career high of 7 TD's in one season. Again, Chambers had better production than that. Boldin is regularly regarded as a Top 10 WR, Bryant is lucky if he sniffs the top 20. Bryant is not on Boldin's level and never will be.

Kendall Langford. Channing Crowder was a 3rd round pick as well.

he said... thats done GOOD.

thats like saying you would rather have channing or kendall than Q.

boldin is quite a bit better than bryant IMO... outside of one year, I dont' see anything about antonio to get jacked up about.

I wouldnt say HOF.....Boldin is an elite player,and has been since his rookie season,but theres a lot of elite players that dont get into the HOF.I'd put that WR from Jacksonvillie that retired like 4-5 years ago in before I'd put Boldin in...however,I dont recall the name....

Anyone who doesnt see Anquan Boldin as an elite player needs to watch more of his film.
Obviously the guy has injury concerns, but honestly i'll take his 13 games a year over A.Bryant and his questionable knee. Not to mention A.Bryants inconsistent producton.

Anquan Boldin has the highest yards per game average of ALL TIME.

This is a GREAT stat and one thing I actually did not even realize about Boldin.

I wouldnt say HOF.....Boldin is an elite player,and has been since his rookie season,but theres a lot of elite players that dont get into the HOF.I'd put that WR from Jacksonvillie that retired like 4-5 years ago in before I'd put Boldin in...however,I dont recall the name....

Jimmy Smith (Smits)..

Back
Top Bottom