Merged X5: The Official Antonio Bryant Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Antonio Bryant Thread

Grab bryant in FA and try to trade for Marshall. Our WR core goes from a negative to a huge positive in one offseason.

Kudos to OP.

Keep clamoring for Marshall and Boldin, people. Its not the way Parcells operates. He doesnt give away picks, and certainly not for injury cases and headcases. Antonio makes sense. a good veteran pickup that would significantly upgrade our wr corps. This reminds me of his Keyshawn and Terry Glenn pickups in Dallas. Productive guys that wont break the bank.

Those who are calling Bryant old, think about this: Bryant is younger that Boldin, Casey Hampton, and is 8 months older than Vince Wilfork, who people around are bending over backwards to try to get.

Final note about Bryant, LOL at the qbs(and overall offenses) he's played with. Solid, solid pickup.

Ya, I remember he and Parcells had problems back in the day.

But I think its funny some of you guys would not want a 900yard - 1000 yard receiver.

Even Ted Ginn beat Revis on a deep ball, you don't think a legitimate receiver who has consistently produced in this league could?

Of course ideally it'd be nice to get a top5 talent but at what cost?

I don't want to give up draft picks that could be used for one of our OTHER MANY HOLES.

And stop playing cheap ball? Am I missing something here? Do we have unused cap space? I was under the impression our payroll was in the top 1/2 of the league.

Get a grip, this is real life, not Madden 2010

You did see what happened with Moss, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Colston, Roddy White, Chad Ocho (twice) when Revis covered these guys. We are talking about the best of the best here. Antonio Bryant does not hold a candle the the WR's above so no, I don't believe he would produce against Revis. Oh wait, the Jets played Tampa this year. What did Bryant do? 2 catches for 22 yards. Blah.

With regards to Ginn beating Revis, I see that as luck. Revis had ZERO safety help (even though a Safety was back there with Revis, the Safety was in terrible position), and Ginn put on the afterburners. It was also a perfect ball from Henne.

he also had a run-in with Mike Nolan in SF but I don't know if that makes a difference

If you think being cheap wins championships think again...We will be waiting for years

If you think being cheap wins championships think again...We will be waiting for years

Because the Redskins and Jets are piling up Lombardi trophies.

The Steelers, Pats, and Colts are notorious for finding VALUE in their players, and making tough decisions to let high priced guys(even in their prime) hit free agency. Those teams win, dont they?

NO! Absolutely not! I live in Tampa and he packed it in early last year when the team wasn't doing well. He's exactly what our receivers don't need.

Because the Redskins and Jets are piling up Lombardi trophies.

The Steelers, Pats, and Colts are notorious for finding VALUE in their players, and making tough decisions to let high priced guys(even in their prime) hit free agency. Those teams win, dont they?

finding value is one thing, not coming out of pocket for a position we desperately need talent in is another...I guess the whole value talks went out the door when it comes to our o line... high priced and above average..but they dont play like over priced linemens so wheres the value in that? The players who know what they are worth play like that. I'd pass on Bryant..go for marshall...drafting a first round wr would be good but a huge risk ...bring someone in that is established and brings in instant threat.

finding value is one thing, not coming out of pocket for a position we desperately need talent in is another...I guess the whole value talks went out the door when it comes to our o line... high priced and above average..but they dont play like over priced linemens so wheres the value in that? The players who know what they worth play like that.
I'll give you the o-line. But the regime clearly erred(imo) in picking up guys like Grove and Smiley who had history of injury even before signing with us. However, when the line is healthy and playing together, theyre as good as any.

As far as players playing like what theyre worth, the league is littered with high priced, underperforming players who tend to come up big in contract years, then get fat.

So we should go after a player who will leave after 1-2 years and be slightly disappointing?

That pretty much describes six of his seven years in the NFL.

I'll give you the o-line. But the regime clearly erred(imo) in picking up guys like Grove and Smiley who had history of injury even before signing with us. However, when the line is healthy and playing together, theyre as good as any.

As far as players playing like what theyre worth, the league is littered with high priced, underperforming players who tend to come up big in contract years, then get fat.

I agree man, so what would you rather them do? There isnt any good/great recievers out there that is going to come here at a low ball price.. WR and line backers are at the top of the list. I dont think they will draft one early if any at all have you seen how many wr's we have right now coming into camp? It is very crowded. I agree dont pay a guy what he wants but find a way to get the deal done. Every pick in the draft is a risk every player is a risk...you have the money spend it...

I agree man, so what would you rather them do? There isnt any good/great recievers out there that is going to come here at a low ball price.. WR and line backers are at the top of the list. I dont think they will draft one early if any at all have you seen how many wr's we have right now coming into camp? It is very crowded. I agree dont pay a guy what he wants but find a way to get the deal done. Every pick in the draft is a risk every player is a risk...you have the money spend it...
Thats the problem. Good/great WRs never hit the market unless there are issues. In Boldin's case, he's injury prone. Marshall is major problem, because not only is McDaniels desperate to unload his superstar, but so was Shanahan before him(per Mort and others). You dont get rid of stars like that unless there's something behind the scenes that even we dont know about.

Ideally, if a guy like Dez B falls to us, take him(comparisons to Fitzgerald, drool), but I'd be surprised if they took him given Parcell's draft history. So you pick up a servicable WR in FA, and hope a 2nd or 3rd rounder pans out...keeping in mind, neither Boldin nor Marshall were selected in the 1st round of their drafts, as well as many other star WRs-Austin, Desean Jax, Vincent Jax, 85, Welker, Colstin, Steve Smith, etc.

I wouldnt mind dez bryant at all..will he be available at our picking or do they see defense as a greater need? If it isnt dez bryant then just go after a a FA..atleast you know if you get FA you can bring him in as a starter..bring in a rookie wr he might not start immediately..anyone else tired of waiting?

Back
Top Bottom