Merged X5: The Official Antonio Bryant Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Antonio Bryant Thread

If we were to overspend.....Wlfork, Dansby, or Hampton would be my choice....even Merriman if released.

Personally, I'd rather get Antonio Bryant, that way we'd possibly still have a shot at McClain or some other defensive stud, and still have a very good receiver on our team, instead of getting Bryant and settling for defense in the 2nd round

Personally, I'd rather get Antonio Bryant, that way we'd possibly still have a shot at McClain or some other defensive stud, and still have a very good receiver on our team, instead of getting Bryant and settling for defense in the 2nd round
CJ Spiller is also worthy @ 12...
If Suh, McCoy, Berry, McClain, and JPP are off the board...we cant ignore Bryant or Spiller as BPAs...

did he and Big Tuna got into in Dallas? i don't think he be fin's list. keep and eye on the Jets and New England they both have issue ( Jet don't have to many draft pick and the Pat have salary cap issues, so we are in pretty good spot) ? do you think the Pat or going to sit tight with all those draft pics?

I agree, not to mention no one is really sure how quickly Dez Bryant will catch on to the NFL game.

Boldin is in no way overrated he is a very good WR but he is Injury Prone boldin when healthy is a very good WR and would easly be a #1 WR on a lot of teams. and bryant has been talked about a lot here

I know you like Boldin and I do too but he is " injury prone" because he stays in bounds and takes the hit. You want another Ted Ginn?

Your logic sucks. How about a guy who stays in bounds and doesn't get injured?

I know you like Boldin and I do too but he is " injury prone" because he stays in bounds and takes the hit. You want another Ted Ginn?
i said Boldin was injury prone and i am a huge fan of boldin i dont want to trade anything more then a third for him but if we could get him for a third i would pull the tirgger right away

Comparing Boldin to Antonio Bryant is like comparing a hammer to a feather pillow!

Boldin has been in the league 7 years, he has 7520 yards and 40tds.

Antonio Bryant has been in the league 8 years, 5685 yards, 30tds and THE BIGGEST STAT 4 TEAMS! FYI Parcells shipped him of to Cleveland as a punishment for being a head case!

Antonio Bryant is junk he turned 5 good games in 2008 into being franchised in 2009 and a payday. I live in Tampa and I can promise you since he was tagged he has been a CANCER! Pulls all the T.O antics without thee numbers!

Last if you are worried about age Boldin (10/80) is only 5 months older then Bryant(3/81). Both have had injuries throughout their career. Boldins was tough and played through a lot hurting himself worse. Bryant was a Diva about his.

Comparing Boldin to Antonio Bryant is like comparing a hammer to a feather pillow!

Boldin has been in the league 7 years, he has 7520 yards and 40tds.

Antonio Bryant has been in the league 8 years, 5685 yards, 30tds and THE BIGGEST STAT 4 TEAMS! FYI Parcells shipped him of to Cleveland as a punishment for being a head case!

Antonio Bryant is junk he turned 5 good games in 2008 into being franchised in 2009 and a payday. I live in Tampa and I can promise you since he was tagged he has been a CANCER! Pulls all the T.O antics without thee numbers!

Last if you are worried about age Boldin (10/80) is only 5 months older then Bryant(3/81). Both have had injuries throughout their career. Boldins was tough and played through a lot hurting himself worse. Bryant was a Diva about his.
I agree with all this but you have to trade for Boldin, Bryant is a free agent.

I agree with all this but you have to trade for Boldin, Bryant is a free agent.

Well let's see what the market demands for him, AZ didn't get the 2nd on draft day last year they would have settled for. As far as pay they are both going to want the same type of money. I would gladly part with a 3rd possibly a 2nd for Boldin, over just sign Bryant. Sorry, but Bryant has been a major head case at all 4 teams. Dal head case locker room problems traded to Cleveland, in Cle major head case that the lack of talent Browns didn't resign him, then off to the league worst 49ers for just 1 year because his attitude. Finally the Bucs and I know first hand here in Tampa he has been a JERK!

If we don't want to trade for Boldin, I would much rather see what vet WR a team parts with in a uncapped year then sign A. Brant. One thing about our receiver corps, even though they are average at best. They have great chemistry and there is no cancer, Bryant will ruin that.

Well let's see what the market demands for him, AZ didn't get the 2nd on draft day last year they would have settled for. As far as pay they are both going to want the same type of money. I would gladly part with a 3rd possibly a 2nd for Boldin, over just sign Bryant. Sorry, but Bryant has been a major head case at all 4 teams. Dal head case locker room problems traded to Cleveland, in Cle major head case that the lack of talent Browns didn't resign him, then off to the league worst 49ers for just 1 year because his attitude. Finally the Bucs and I know first hand here in Tampa he has been a JERK!

If we don't want to trade for Boldin, I would much rather see what vet WR a team parts with in a uncapped year then sign A. Brant. One thing about our receiver corps, even though they are average at best. They have great chemistry and there is no cancer, Bryant will ruin that.
Sparano and Henning have talked about how highly they value chemistry when talking about their WRs. I think they will be very careful not to ruin what they have.
one thing for sure, both Parcells and Nolan have first-hand experience with Bryant and know him very well. if they do sign him, I'll have to believe it's the right move.

Sparano and Henning have talked about how highly they value chemistry when talking about their WRs. I think they will be very careful not to ruin what they have.
one thing for sure, both Parcells and Nolan have first-hand experience with Bryant and know him very well. if they do sign him, I'll have to believe it's the right move.

My only worry is Parcell's has shown to go for the cheap move over the right move.

1. Low balling Jason Brown, he signs with the Rams. Then we give often injured Grove about the same guarantee's, and Grove lived up to his durability he avg 4.5 games a year on the sideline injured and for us he spent 5 and a few different qt's here and there.

2. Going cheap on Eric Green, only to watch Bodden sign with NEw England for just a little more money. I know we have good young talent at DB, but if we hadn't wasted space on Green and signed Bodden we win 2-4 more games with a better secondary.

3. Ernest Wilford, ENOUGH SAID!

4. Gerbil Wilson, 25 mil and then playing him out of position.

So sometimes Parcell's goes against his own belief's to save a dime!

Back
Top Bottom