Merged X5: The Official Antonio Bryant Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Antonio Bryant Thread

IMissGadsden

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The right Bryant

Article on Pro Football Talk says Bryant most likely gone from Bucs. (Can't post--not enough posts yet)

As I know you've all discussed, Dez Bryant is a very 'sexy' pick at the #12 position. And yes, I know we're all concerned about drafting a WR high, as is Parcells, thanks to Mr. Ted Ginn.

Enter Antonio Bryant. Instant credibility to our WR staff. Forget Marshall. We don't need his attitude. Yes, a great WR, but I don't want problems in the locker room.

Forget Boldin. Overrated and excelled in a very pass-happy offense in Arizona. He's not worth the high picks.

Go for safety, sign Antonio Bryant, an established WR in this league, and a well-respected one. He will help Ginn (assuming he sticks around) in his quest to become respectable, as well.

Boldin is in no way overrated he is a very good WR but he is Injury Prone boldin when healthy is a very good WR and would easly be a #1 WR on a lot of teams. and bryant has been talked about a lot here

Ya, a few of us have been saying Antonio Bryant all along. Not because he is better than Boldin or Marshall, but because the pick up would make sense and the most in-line with the way our front office works. A lot of unreasonable people clamoring for the big name guys, but anyone with a little sense can tell you its unlikely.

Antonio Bryant probably won't ever go to the Pro Bowl but he would be a solid player who can net a consistent 900 yards any given season.

We wouldn't have to give up picks to get him (Marshall, Boldin), and we wouldn't have to wait for him to develop (Dez Bryant).

He wouldn't be cheap but he would be cheaper than the TOP TIER guys and he doesn't have the baggage Marshall does.

Signing Antonio Bryant would be a no-brainer. Let's hope we can get it done.

Ya, a few of us have been saying Antonio Bryant all along. Not because he is better than Boldin or Marshall, but because the pick up would make sense and the most in-line with the way our front office works. A lot of unreasonable people clamoring for the big name guys, but anyone with a little sense can tell you its unlikely.

Antonio Bryant probably won't ever go to the Pro Bowl but he would be a solid player who can net a consistent 900 yards any given season.

We wouldn't have to give up picks to get him (Marshall, Boldin), and we wouldn't have to wait for him to develop (Dez Bryant).

He wouldn't be cheap but he would be cheaper than the TOP TIER guys and he doesn't have the baggage Marshall does.

Signing Antonio Bryant would be a no-brainer. Let's hope we can get it done.

so we still want to be average nothing more nothing less? imo until we quit playing cheap ball and get out there and do like the REST OF THE TOP TIER TEAMS in the nfl thats all we will ever be we need a special player at the WR spot somebody that can take on the likes of darell revis we all know bryant isnt that man a decent wr but nothing more nothing less.WE have a chance to go out and get a wr thats head and shoulders above the rest im talking top 5 wr in this league. one question do you WANT TO WIN A SUPERBOWEL ? or do you just want to compete because if we dont do something more than playing average football thats all we going to be i dont care what it takes to get a superbowel ring if its to sign the president of the united states than bring him in because im tired of playing and paying average football and im sure im not talking only for myself because there are plenty of fans out there thats tired of average. after 26 years (marino)thats what we have been doing playing average so yes im ready for a change. gambel a little bit on a player we know is worth the money and get him signed even if its with incentivesBUT get it done im rady for a superbowel not just makin the playoffs SOO COME ON BILL GET-R-DONE. :thanks:

Is he REALLY that true number 1 receiver we're looking for? He would be a good addition at the most. But with a team full of #2s and #3s, we need a TRUE playmaker. He's shown flashes of being a number one, but we need that on a consistent basis. Plus Bryant isn't without his share of controversy. In 2007, he was suspended from the NFL for a failed drug test, the details of which were never disclosed. That's GOT to raise some kind of red flag. And believe it or not, during his time in SF, he had a number of disputes with, at that time, head coach of the 9ers, Mike Nolan. Yes, OUR Mike Nolan.

I agree with the two posts above. No more mediocre players. If Antonio Bryant can't go to the ProBowl I'll gladly pass. Get Brandon Marshall now or draft Dez Bryant. We need one playmaker, either a TE or a WR, and the offense looks very good.

Alright boys and girls, I've been listening to this clamoring for WR Antonio Bryant for weeks now wondering when someone, anyone, was going to come to their senses and set the record straight regarding his dubious past as related to Czar Parcells and how it ensures there is exactly 0% of him wearing a Dolphin jersey next or any other season as long as the Trifecta is still running the show. Rather than me dredging up the past, I'll let a professional do it:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=30B66038-B9B4-ECDF-A8704B01CFBBF4A8

Oh how quickly we forget. Sorry to burst your collective bubble, but it would appear he's not exactly the high character type of fellow this front office covets.

Ya, I remember he and Parcells had problems back in the day.

But I think its funny some of you guys would not want a 900yard - 1000 yard receiver.

Even Ted Ginn beat Revis on a deep ball, you don't think a legitimate receiver who has consistently produced in this league could?

Of course ideally it'd be nice to get a top5 talent but at what cost?

I don't want to give up draft picks that could be used for one of our OTHER MANY HOLES.

And stop playing cheap ball? Am I missing something here? Do we have unused cap space? I was under the impression our payroll was in the top 1/2 of the league.

Get a grip, this is real life, not Madden 2010

Ya, I remember he and Parcells had problems back in the day.

But I think its funny some of you guys would not want a 900yard - 1000 yard receiver.

Even Ted Ginn beat Revis on a deep ball, you don't think a legitimate receiver who has consistently produced in this league could?

Of course ideally it'd be nice to get a top5 talent but at what cost?

I don't want to give up draft picks that could be used for one of our OTHER MANY HOLES.

And stop playing cheap ball? Am I missing something here? Do we have unused cap space? I was under the impression our payroll was in the top 1/2 of the league.

Get a grip, this is real life, not Madden 2010

We already have a bunch of guys that could potentially hit 800-900 yards next season! Don't we? Why NOT go after a guy that can consistently get 1100...1200+ yards every season? Why? Because NOW we finally have a QB with an arm who could GET that number 1 receiver the ball on a consistent basis! I mean, this offense is on the verge of becoming a top 10 O! What are we missing? A true number 1 playmaker! I'm sure the Trifecta is aware of that! Why aren't some of us? Have no doubt, the Trifecta WILL bring us that playmaker sooner than later. Bryant, while I have no doubt is a good receiver, does not fall into that category.

Parcells actually really likes Bryant. Scroll to the bottom.

http://panthersinthepros.wordpress.com/category/san-francisco-49ers/antonio-bryant/

Bryant even said Parcells will send him messages through other coaches telling him to keep it up. He even talked to Bryant about some of the arguments he would have with LT while with the Giants. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come here next season. Parcells brought Keyshaun and Glenn to Dallas and he had confrontations with both of those guys. If Parcells believes Bryant is passionate about football, he will not hesitate to make him an offer IMO. I would rather bring in Bryant through FA than sell the farm by trading for a top 5 wr and paying a huge salary.

Our offense will continue to improve with good coaching and player development. That is always the way Parcells does it and that is why he is here. We are not the Redskins or Raiders. I can't understand why so many fans on finheaven want us to run our team the same way some of the worst teams in the league run theirs.

............................ who?

Bess....who finished 42 yards shy of the 800 yard mark this season.
Hartline....who had over 500 yards on only 31 receptions.
Camarillo....who is our most clutch receiver always has a chance.

Hell even, dare I say it, Ginn (if he's still on the team) if he ever manages to cut his drops in half and learns to take a hit! :tumbleweed:

Antonio Bryant? No thanks I'll pass and keep my cash. He's an old vagabond that will soon be over the proverbial hill in the NFL. He has had only one good year in 8 seasons. Throw in the fact that he has NEVER played all 16 games in a season and I'll gladly look elsewhere for help in our receiving corps.

so we still want to be average nothing more nothing less? imo until we quit playing cheap ball and get out there and do like the REST OF THE TOP TIER TEAMS in the nfl thats all we will ever be we need a special player at the WR spot somebody that can take on the likes of darell revis we all know bryant isnt that man a decent wr but nothing more nothing less.WE have a chance to go out and get a wr thats head and shoulders above the rest im talking top 5 wr in this league. one question do you WANT TO WIN A SUPERBOWEL ? or do you just want to compete because if we dont do something more than playing average football thats all we going to be i dont care what it takes to get a superbowel ring if its to sign the president of the united states than bring him in because im tired of playing and paying average football and im sure im not talking only for myself because there are plenty of fans out there thats tired of average. after 26 years (marino)thats what we have been doing playing average so yes im ready for a change. gambel a little bit on a player we know is worth the money and get him signed even if its with incentivesBUT get it done im rady for a superbowel not just makin the playoffs SOO COME ON BILL GET-R-DONE. :thanks:

3 of the 4 finalist all drafted their way to their respective WR cores. NY may have traded for BE but most realize that really didn't help them at all and the majority of the JEST was drafted.

NO, and Indy don't have a single high priced traded for player on offense, they drafted everyone practically. Brees is the exception but he was a FA, and it was only because we we're to cautious to get him ourselves.

Farve was the only real expense purchased player for Minni but again a FA, majority of that team was drafted.

I guess I don't get your point! Bryant is a FA not getting rid of draft picks!

first thing is i think bryant would be a good pick up.

but theres a reason hes bounced around the league as much as he has. to say that he doesnt have baggage is wrong.

he maybe a one wonder, couple that with the fact that he was injured most of last year and he still wants big money. not sure hes gonna want to prove himself again to get a big contract. if we do sign him it will probably be a one year deal and then were back looking again next year.

Back
Top Bottom