Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X5: The Official Brandon Marshall Thread

Actually I am not, there is a progression the NFL follows before they suspend a player for a year. Compare Chris Henry and Tank Johnson receiving a 8 game suspension after convictions with jail time. Or better yet Michael Vick he went to Federal Prison and his actual NFL suspension was just 3 games.

Vick was suspended indefinately before the 2007 season.

he was suspended 2+ seasons.

Vick was suspended indefinately before the 2007 season.

he was suspended 2+ seasons.

That suspension means nothing seeing how he was in Federal Custody, so he wouldn't be able to play anyway. Once out Goodell allowed him to be reinstated signed with a team practice, and when it came down to it his official suspension was 3 games. I don't care about the smoke screen of a indefinate suspension because it isn't like Ft. Levenworth Penitentary was going to grant him work release to play football. Think back his whole legal process was carefully planned to minimize his time away from the league.

Geauxfins eh. Can't really take you serious, I mean you were voted the biggest debbie downer for a reason. That reason is posts like this, where you forget to add all the great picks that far outweigh the bad ones. Nice try though.

I was voted BDD because I tell the truth. Thats what the award is for, the person who will continually tell the truth when losers are berating him for it. Its a great thing.

Now then, lets take a look at your assertion. What great picks are there? They far outweigh the bad ones? Really?

Lets take a look at it.

The one great pick that I see so far has been Jake Long, the #1 overall pick. I am not sure I am ready to give them kudos for hitting on the first o/a pick. I would expect anyone to be able to do that.

Name me another "great" pick.

I'll tell you that I think the Henne, Langford, and Hartline were good picks. Ferguson and Pennington were good FA/trades.

Fasano and Ayodele are ok.

Merling, in the first round? Not loving it. White in the second? Not loving it. Turner in the third? Ha. Hardly. Nalbone. Who? Trading up for Shawn Murphy? Hmmmm. LOO-ser! Donald Thomas? Nothing special.

Way overpaid for Gerbil Wilson. Way overpaid for Channing Crowder and Vernon Carey. Way, Way, Way overpaid for the WR from Jax.

You wanna stick with the "great moves" far outweigh the bad ones? Maybe in the dark crevices of your jaded mind. Not in reality, though. Not even close.

really people his last charge was 2008 are you really against possibly getting us to the super bowl that much to hold somethings nearly 2 years or older over the guys head?

A second rounder is all it's going to take?? Seriously??

I'd make that deal in a heartbeat.. And chances are, it wouldn't even take me THAT long to make it.

Brandon Marshall, as a football player, is everything this team needs at the WR position. He's the young, sure handed, tough as nails, steady #1 WR that would only help Chad Henne continue to grow. His presence also would create matchup problems for opposing defenses, and could actually (yes, I know, miracles do happen) allow Ted Ginn to fully utilize his skills. Marshall, Ginn and Hartline? Yes please.. Where do I sign up?

There's no question in my mind, on paper and talent alone, Brandon Marshall is easily a top 5 WR in this league. My ratings, he's number 3 just behind Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson.

Miami has a chance to get him for a second? Again, where do I sign up???

As for his "on field character", ultimately Bill Parcells is the one who these players have to answer to. Parcells has dealt with problem characters far worse than Brandon Marshall, I assure you. I also think Sparano will have little trouble dealing with him, Tony seems like one of those "player's coaches" who command the respect of the team. I think Marshall would fall right in line with that, and he wouldn't have half the problems he has had with that egomaniac McDaniels.

I suppose I am to believe that vincent jackson is a thug now as well... seeing how I just read about his second DUI.

5 years probation. guess he's stuck in san diego cuz nodoby is gonna want his ***.

I have marshall in the top three as well.. so for a second rounder with some risk... I'll still make the deal.

I was voted BDD because I tell the truth. Thats what the award is for, the person who will continually tell the truth when losers are berating him for it. Its a great thing.

Now then, lets take a look at your assertion. What great picks are there? They far outweigh the bad ones? Really?

Lets take a look at it.

The one great pick that I see so far has been Jake Long, the #1 overall pick. I am not sure I am ready to give them kudos for hitting on the first o/a pick. I would expect anyone to be able to do that.

Name me another "great" pick.

I'll tell you that I think the Henne, Langford, and Hartline were good picks. Ferguson and Pennington were good FA/trades.

Fasano and Ayodele are ok.

Merling, in the first round? Not loving it. White in the second? Not loving it. Turner in the third? Ha. Hardly. Nalbone. Who? Trading up for Shawn Murphy? Hmmmm. LOO-ser! Donald Thomas? Nothing special.

Way overpaid for Gerbil Wilson. Way overpaid for Channing Crowder and Vernon Carey. Way, Way, Way overpaid for the WR from Jax.

You wanna stick with the "great moves" far outweigh the bad ones? Maybe in the dark crevices of your jaded mind. Not in reality, though. Not even close.

Great post. The only thing I would say is that Vernon Carey is not over paid.

Carey slipped a little at the end of the year playing with some back spasms and a knee that needed scoping, but he still graded out very high and was rated the 8th best tackle in the NFL by PFF.

That, is earning your money, even if it is 7 mil. Hey, that is what good OT tackles get paid. In fact there were a lot of guys getting paid a lot more than Carey further down the list.

If we keep our 1st rounder and got Boldin for a third and a talent like Marshall for a 2nd that would be a coup. That is based on talent alone. Then there are the intangibles.

Admittedly I am concerned about his off field stuff and not handling himself well during a contract dispute in Denver.. Yeah a lot of allegations and hearsay but reading the blog flynryan posted worried if he really has his life together. Will off the field distractions affect his attitude?? I don't want to trade for someone who won't be 100% mentally focused and brings an attitude.

Great post. The only thing I would say is that Vernon Carey is not over paid.

Carey slipped a little at the end of the year playing with some back spasms and a knee that needed scoping, but he still graded out very high and was rated the 8th best tackle in the NFL by PFF.

That, is earning your money, even if it is 7 mil. Hey, that is what good OT tackles get paid. In fact there were a lot of guys getting paid a lot more than Carey further down the list.

Carey turned it on in '06 and I thought played well in our worst year '07. He was grand in '08 and was not exactly top calibre in '09 but far from terrible. He has the tools and I can reason with him being the 8th best tackle in NFL. Considering what others are paid who produce less Carey is not necessarily over paid. The market dictates pay. Players earn their right to the market based on on the field performance. Based on the body of work and considering how challenging it is to be a tackle in the NFL he is paid about right.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we keep our 1st rounder and got Boldin for a third and a talent like Marshall for a 2nd that would be a coup. That is based on talent alone. Then there are the intangibles.

Admittedly I am concerned about his off field stuff and not handling himself well during a contract dispute in Denver.. Yeah a lot of allegations and hearsay but reading the blog flynryan posted worried if he really has his life together. Will off the field distractions affect his attitude?? I don't want to trade for someone who won't be 100% mentally focused and brings an attitude.

Guys, we are not going to trade a 2nd and 3rd for Marshall AND Boldin. If we are going to get a WR, it will be 1 of them, if at all. And I happen to agree that Marshall is going to cost more then just a 2nd. Why wouldn't the Broncos just tender him for a 1st and 3rd. Then they can just let him go if someone trys to sign him or let him play for the 3 Mil on that contract.

Back
Top Bottom