[MERGED X6] Dolphins Sign Dallas Safety Keith Davis | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[MERGED X6] Dolphins Sign Dallas Safety Keith Davis

So it's a good thing that they sign a player still recovering from a knee injury and who is on somebodies hit list. Interesting.:rolleyes:

That's what they say in Dallas - but truth be told, they've got a plethora of riches compared to us at the position. Davis isn't Sean Taylor great by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd sooner have him than Worrell.

not really....Roy Williams has been the league's most overrated player for a couple years now, and they had a huge whole at the other safety since Darren Woodson retired and before they got Hamiln last year.

I know that K.Davis is a better special teams player than Worrell....I just worry about having another backup at safety who might not even qualify as 'servicable' if pressed into action.

not really....Roy Williams has been the league's most overrated player for a couple years now, and they had a huge whole at the other safety since Darren Woodson retired and before they got Hamiln last year.

I know that K.Davis is a better special teams player than Worrell....I just worry about having another backup at safety who might not even qualify as 'servicable' if pressed into action.

Mr. Horsecollar aside, Pat Watkins and Ken Hamlin do a damned good job back there. I'd rather have the both of them in the backfield than Allen + any of our current safeties.

Mr. Horsecollar aside, Pat Watkins and Ken Hamlin do a damned good job back there. I'd rather have the both of them in the backfield than Allen + any of our current safeties.

Obviously I'd rather have Hamlin......but I'd rather have Bell, Hill and Allen than Watkins. He's a great athlete, but doesn't ever seem to be in position.

regardless....it's the rep he's earned by the fans who watch all the time. not 100% accurate I'm sure, hopefully at least better than Cam.

So right now does it look like our safeties will be Bell, Hill, Allen and Davis? We don't keep more than 4 do we??

Okay, what are we going to do, build a roster entirely made up of special teamers?

I agree it seems with nearly every signing you here they are a great special teams player. Our special teams sucked last year but we have bigger issues then just Special teams.

Obviously I'd rather have Hamlin......but I'd rather have Bell, Hill and Allen than Watkins. He's a great athlete, but doesn't ever seem to be in position.

regardless....it's the rep he's earned by the fans who watch all the time. not 100% accurate I'm sure, hopefully at least better than Cam.

So right now does it look like our safeties will be Bell, Hill, Allen and Davis? We don't keep more than 4 do we??

That's what the backfield is looking like to me right now.

I agree it seems with nearly every signing you here they are a great special teams player. Our special teams sucked last year but we have bigger issues then just Special teams.

I don't think these signings are just ST guys. You have to build a foundation of young guys and mix in some experience. Our roster was missing the mid to late 20 year olds because of bad drafting. BP is bringing these guys in. Look at NE - alot of good role players. Once that is set you can add the superstar and now you have something. Obviously BP and Ireland didn't think much of the foundation here. We should get a star player at #1 and we still have some decent talent with RB, Beck, and Ginn. WAllen and Porter are legit on D and I think RWright will be a beast as a 3-4 DE. It's frustrating but keep in mind this is a 3 year project not a 1 year. Build the base and see what you have - next year build on that and the following get the last couple missing pieces hopefully.

ST is verry important and Im glad we picked this one up, all games can be won on ST

I was just going to say, before last season, all the Pats ever did was add guys who were classified as "Special Teamers", and guys nobody wanted. We need some serious roster turnover, and it wasnt going to happen with one or two pricey additions. Especially a team that lacked talent in their 20s, and a team that was pretty awful on teams. Oh, and for a team that spent the #9 pick on a guy who should be a game-changing return man, but spent the season squeaking out every yard possible. Im liking this strategy. Dont forget, with 4 picks in the first 3 rounds, we will be adding (I would hope) at least 2, and possibly 3, maybe 4 STARTERS.

Don't underestimate the power of HEART. These people you say are ST's and nothing else have alot to prove and are coming in with a dream of starting for our team. These guys don't have a bar set too high thanks to the pathetic heartless team (with a few exceptions like Joey, Will, our HB's, and our young guys) we put out there last year. Everyone that gets to the NFL has talent and these guys want more. I can't wait to see who this years emerging stars are.

I agree, they are hungrey and young I like the signings

This guy can lay some big hits and we have really improved our ST this offseason. Can wait to see what we do in the draft this year.

The draft is anonther place we can find hungry talent in later rounds

Back
Top Bottom