(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread

Play for Pride or Suck for Luck ?

• Play for Pride

Votes: 39 16.9%
  • Suck for Luck

Votes: 192 83.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he says no then we trade him for a ridiculous amount of picks and/or players, possibly one with which we could still pick one top QBs.

Exactly.. once we have his rights, we can do what we want with him.

Besides.. I have no doubt he'll be happy to play here. we may have not had a good decade.. but we do have a storied tradition in winning. I'm sure Dan Marino could sweeten the conversation a little. especially if we have a big name coach.

this is a no brainer...if you pass up luck cause you're scared he won't play for you you're an idiot...nothing less...you've got a win win scenario either way...either he decides he'll play for you and you got your week 1 starter who likely in short order shows how much of a franchise qb he will be or you trade him to the highest bidder of which there will be many before he could enter the draft pool again

no damn brainer...draft andrew luck

i think if you clean this front office house he comes here and plays for you no issues...

speaking of eli god is he overrated...he gets away with more crap throws and decisions than anyone i've seen in a while...well maybe kyle orton in 2010 off the game tape i saw of his...but eli manning god is he overrated

The most influence that Luck has as to which team he plays for is not going to be holding out after declaring for the draft, it is going to be whether he declares at all. He will wait at least until well after the regular season is over and will know exactly who has the first pick. If he is completely opposed to playing for that team then he will just not declare and will take his chances on the next year's draft. Theisman, Elway, and Manning may all be SB winning QB's who shunned the team that drafted them and may be adored by a large portion of the fans but all three also have had a hard time shaking the reputation of being bit**es and prima donnas. Luck is in line for TONS of endorsements that will likely eclipse his NFL salary so maintaining a sterling perception to the public will be very important. If he declares, he will likely go to whatever team picks him with a big smile and say what an honor it is to be playing for that wonderful franchise.

and if luck doesn't come out yeah it sucks the big one but if he doesn't you take matt barkley...end of story...but i'll bet money luck comes out after this year...he will be in the 2012 draft

Mike & Mike are discussing teams could be tanking to get the #1 overall. They mentioned the teams in the hunt and then dropped the bomb...

Luck can choose the franchise he plays for just as John Elway & Eli Manning did (Eli drafted by SD & immediately traded to NY due to pre-draft dealings)

Bottom line... Would you want to step into the debacle known as the Miami Dolphins? I believe Ross would have to give Luck 25% ownership to get him to play here. I believe Luck is headed to Indy to follow P Manning's act. The Colts have had a winning season since 2001 and all of the sudden Manning is out and they are 0-4.

It seems to me the only team here with "Luck" is the Colts.

He could be a prick like Elway and Manning were, but it is more likely he won't be. Those are rare moments in history, it hardly ever happens. If it did, do you think Newton would have just went to Carolina? Or Bradford to St. Louis? What about Stafford to the Lions back in 2009? Luck will likely go to the team that picks him at #1. Assuming he even declares for the 2012 draft.

The most influence that Luck has as to which team he plays for is not going to be holding out after declaring for the draft, it is going to be whether he declares at all. He will wait at least until well after the regular season is over and will know exactly who has the first pick. If he is completely opposed to playing for that team then he will just not declare and will take his chances on the next year's draft. Theisman, Elway, and Manning may all be SB winning QB's who shunned the team that drafted them and may be adored by a large portion of the fans but all three also have had a hard time shaking the reputation of being bit**es and prima donnas. Luck is in line for TONS of endorsements that will likely eclipse his NFL salary so maintaining a sterling perception to the public will be very important. If he declares, he will likely go to whatever team picks him with a big smile and say what an honor it is to be playing for that wonderful franchise.

being a ***** didn't exactly hurt Elway or Manning's perception. people seem to have forgotten for the most part, or just don't care.

He could be a prick like Elway and Manning were, but it is more likely he won't be. Those are rare moments in history, it hardly ever happens. If it did, do you think Newton would have just went to Carolina? Or Bradford to St. Louis? What about Stafford to the Lions back in 2009? Luck will likely go to the team that picks him at #1. Assuming he even declares for the 2012 draft.

Stafford is my favorite NFL player right now hands down...You are right that he didnt shy away from a challenge (Detroit) and has them playing exciting football. Lets hope Luck is up to the task also...Like someone else has posted if he picks & chooses like the Elway's & Mannings Ill lose all respect for him anyway. I really wonder why he didnt come out last year though...He knew he was in the drivers seat but shuned the NFL for some reason.

being a ***** didn't exactly hurt Elway or Manning's perception. people seem to have forgotten for the most part, or just don't care.

I don't think that a lot of people remember what happened with Elway as I had forgotten until someone mentioned it earlier in the thread. You are correct that he has done great with endorsements but they really didn't take off until late in his career or even after he retired. Also, Manning has had a few endorsements but not nearly as many as I would expect, especially with his last name. I guess that if you win, you can act however you want and people will love you...look at Vick and Favre!

Mike & Mike are discussing teams could be tanking to get the #1 overall. They mentioned the teams in the hunt and then dropped the bomb...

Luck can choose the franchise he plays for just as John Elway & Eli Manning did (Eli drafted by SD & immediately traded to NY due to pre-draft dealings)

Bottom line... Would you want to step into the debacle known as the Miami Dolphins? I believe Ross would have to give Luck 25% ownership to get him to play here. I believe Luck is headed to Indy to follow P Manning's act. The Colts have had a winning season since 2001 and all of the sudden Manning is out and they are 0-4.

It seems to me the only team here with "Luck" is the Colts.

The only two examples of that I can think of are Eli ***** Manning, and John douchebag Elway. Just to rattle off some current names of QBs that weren't total ******* and went to the awful teams that drafted them: Ryan Leaf, Peyton Manning, Alex Smith, Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, David Carr, Matt Ryan, etc etc. Point is of course Andrew Luck could pull a ***** move like the aforementioned Manning and Elway, but history has shown this to be an exception most QBs are competitive people that believe they can make a team better and would welcome the opportunity to have a team built around it.

I remember how shocked I was that Eli pulled that classless bull****, while his brother was the complete opposite. Then again I look at their careers and I understand that they are two very different people.

My only worry is this:

Luck is obviously close with Jim Harbaugh, who as we know has a history with current Dolphin ownership.

I don't care what Steven Ross says when he lies to his fanbase, but I'm pretty sure something along these lines happened:

Ross went out to California, acting like a bumbling idiot, and tried to get Harbaugh to come to Miami. When Harbaugh asked how he had fired Sparano, Ross had to tell him that he hadn't yet, at which point Harbaugh probably asked some follow up questions that Ross couldn't answer. Harbaugh probably then said "WTF is wrong with this guy. Screw this" and rejected any further talks about an offer to coach the Dolphins.

If that all happened (which I believe it did) I'm afraid that Harbaugh would warn Luck to be weary of that crazy Ross guy, who unfortunately will still be in charge next year.

My only worry is this:

Luck is obviously close with Jim Harbaugh, who as we know has a history with current Dolphin ownership.

I don't care what Steven Ross says when he lies to his fanbase, but I'm pretty sure something along these lines happened:

Ross went out to California, acting like a bumbling idiot, and tried to get Harbaugh to come to Miami. When Harbaugh asked how he had fired Sparano, Ross had to tell him that he hadn't yet, at which point Harbaugh probably asked some follow up questions that Ross couldn't answer. Harbaugh probably then said "WTF is wrong with this guy. Screw this" and rejected any further talks about an offer to coach the Dolphins.

If that all happened (which I believe it did) I'm afraid that Harbaugh would warn Luck to be weary of that crazy Ross guy, who unfortunately will still be in charge next year.
I think you are worrying too much about something that won't happen.

its possible harbaugh when he met with ross came away with a bad taste in his mouth and may relay that to lucks camp...but it still wouldn't deter me from drafting him in the slightest

its also possible harbaugh just wanted to stay on the west coast the whole time thus the meeting with ross no matter what was going nowhere...and thats what i tend to believe right now at least...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom